MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I.... thought......

the first year doesn't.....

count....

that's why we just average Butter's second and third classes to see that he is only well below average recruiter for UF, not a complete failure. Maybe we divide it by GNP. I don't know.

But I know the FIRST YEAR DOESN'T COUNT. Or bowl losses. Or losses to Bammer. Or Clown Town. They don't count either. I'm sure of it.

If you can quote me on saying any of those things that would be greeeaaat.

While I do agree first classes are harder to judge, it's really the only thing we can use for the Richt vs Mac argument. If UM holds on to all the top prospects they have (highly doubtful), then Omar will have a point. And yes, I realize Mac, so far, is a below average recruiter.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wrong. I can differentiate between seeing Mark Richt is a good coach who has UM going in a perceived positive direction by recruits and yet still despise miami. It seems you're struggling with a very simple concept. Par for the course with you pumpers.
Sounds like you're the pumper, for UscuM! :lol:

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Let me know when LOI's are signed, then we can revisit. What you're doing now is the equivalent of celebrating a victory because your team (not sure who tbh) is leading at halftime.
My team is UF. Right now we're getting mugged by the other big 2 in the state. This is the problem I have with these coaches and their recruiting
I do find this interesting:
Phil Steele says, "The last nine years Florida has allowed an avg of just 17.6 ppg. Last year they were allowing just 11.7 ppg in the first 7, but then injuries hit and it was 26.6 ppg the last 5 prior to the Bowl(16.8 year). This year they have just 5 starters back(57%tkls#94) but will still be strong with 16's injuries making them more experienced than the numbers suggest."

That's with the great secondary in place and Brantley at DT. Now we're relying on backup DTs and DEs who've proven in SEC play along with a decent secondary and ?s at LB still. If we give up 21+ a game we'll have 5-7 losses because I don't trust Mac or Nuss having a competent offense.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You should be.UF is recruiting like dog shyt. I'm expecting a lot of blowouts given how poorly the defense will play with the talent drop off the next few years.

Well, I'm not. :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:.

Give Rev. Richt the #1 class every year. He'll still shyt the bed.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If you can quote me on saying any of those things that would be greeeaaat.

While I do agree first classes are harder to judge, it's really the only thing we can use for the Richt vs Mac argument. If UM holds on to all the top prospects they have (highly doubtful), then Omar will have a point. And yes, I realize Mac, so far, is a below average recruiter.
I don't think he was meaning you specifically. You gotta admit tho, this narrative has been pushed fairly often when the topic of Mac and recruiting comes up; its usually subtle, but its pushed nonetheless.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he was meaning you specifically. You gotta admit tho, this narrative has been pushed fairly often when the topic of Mac and recruiting comes up; its usually subtle, but its pushed nonetheless.

Yeah there are a few true pumpers who would say this, won't deny that lol.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let's give Mac three more years on his contract, we're #41! So sick of the 'our facilities suck' mantra, if ****ing scUM can contend for the #1 class when their stadium isn't even close to campus, the problem lies elsewhere, starting with a lazy recruiter. SOS got away with lazy recruiting because he was an offensive football mastermind with a win at no costs attitude, not a purdy kewl popcorn salesman.:facepalm:

http://miami.247sports.com/Bolt/Miami-Regains-The-No-1-Recruiting-Class-In-2018-53429550

Miami Regains The No. 1 Recruiting Class In 2018
The Miami Hurricanes hold the number one recruiting class in 2018 once again.
With the commitment of three-star offensive lineman John Campbell, the Miami Hurricanes have regained the No. 1 recruiting class ranking for the 2018 class.

6_4826065.jpg

(Photo: Andrew Ivins, 247Sports)

Ohio State held the No. 1 class ranking for 2018 for a couple of weeks, but now it is the Hurricanes that narrowly hold that distinction.

Campbell’s pledge boosts Miami’s 2018 class point total to 272.82 while Ohio State currently sits at 270.55 points.

Miami currently has 19 commitments in the 2018 class, while Ohio State’s class sits at 14 pledges. The strength of Ohio State’s class is worth noting as the average rating of their commits is a 95.3.

UM’s 2018 class is strong in its own right, however, with the class made up of one five-star prospect and 13 four-stars according to the 247Sports Composite ranking.

In-state rival Florida State currently owns the No. 10 class in the rankings with 12 commitments while Florida has the 41st ranked class with eight pledges.
:whistle:

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
Some of you remind me of Clark Griswald's father in law when Clark finally got the lights to work. "the little lights....they aren't twinkling"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.