Founding Member
Fixed the thread title.

Can't wait for the fallout :popcorn:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Moving 14 positions based on one 4-star athlete shows you just how tenuous the rankings are, not to mention premature.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Moving 14 positions based on one 4-star athlete shows you just how tenuous the rankings are, not to mention premature.

We only dropped on spot on Rivals(from 41 to 42) and 4 spots on 247(from 52 to 56) so your statement is false but I think made on incorrect data.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We only dropped on spot on Rivals(from 41 to 42) and 4 spots on 247(from 52 to 56) so your statement is false but I think made on incorrect data.

That's not my claim. Go back and read the post from BMF. Unless it fails to take into account other data since the thread was posted.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
CJ Smith announced on Twitter he was decommiting using the exact same message as James Cook. Kinda weird

Screenshot_20170705-224501.png

Edit: didn't see the CJ Smith thread my bad

Last edited:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Congrats to the UF baseball team!! FIRST EVER NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP baby!! Great to be a Florida Gator!! Go Gators!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It is premature, but it's also a trend with this staff. They are always late to the game and scrambling around for leftovers in January.

If it were Meyer, Zook, or SOS, we'd know that they don't have their heads up their arzes and trust them to fix it or make the right choices. (Some classes are just going to be small and won't "score" well with the ratings services."

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It is premature, but it's also a trend with this staff. They are always late to the game and scrambling around for leftovers in January.

If it were Meyer, Zook, or SOS, we'd know that they don't have their heads up their arzes and trust them to fix it or make the right choices. (Some classes are just going to be small and won't "score" well with the ratings services."
There's a twist to it also. Their methodology seems to be to let the kids use the process and not push for a commitment. Obvious pros and cons. It seems we need to push a little harder at times, since we don't have the product on the field to excite kids yet.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
CJ Smith announced on Twitter he was decommiting using the exact same message as James Cook. Kinda weird

Edit: didn't see the CJ Smith thread my bad
Maybe he's headed to UGA too like Cook

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016

This. Even with a small class I'd take them over Macs full classes of 3*s and projects.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This. Even with a small class I'd take them over Macs full classes of 3*s and projects.
Well Ray, Zook really never did a good job of roster management. Sure he could get some big fish, but we always had holes.

SOS, could recruit when he wanted to, but he basically farmed that out. Meyer is definitely known as a recruiter, but he's not a talent evaluator. Hard to find a HC with all those abilities. It comes down more the assistants. But you'd hope the HC is atleast managing the roster. Mac hasn't proven that yet.

Just my 2 cents Ray.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's too early to worry about the recruiting class. If the offense gets going and we have about 9 wins, then this recruiting class will be fine. The next 3 years in Florida football may be determined by how well the offense does this year. If the offense does well, then recruiting will pick up and we'll continue to have some success (not sure if enough but at least some). If the offense struggles, then recruiting will drop off, Mac will be fired after 2018, and then we'll be rebuilding again in 2019.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Mac will never be a consistent top 10 or 15 recruiting class, which is OK if he shows to be a Spurrier type genius. Issue is he doesn't look like a coach who can cut it by not recruiting the top notch talent on a consistent basis, and he is not a Spurrier type offensive guru.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Mac will never be a consistent top 10 or 15 recruiting class, which is OK if he shows to be a Spurrier type genius. Issue is he doesn't look like a coach who can cut it by not recruiting the top notch talent on a consistent basis, and he is not a Spurrier type offensive guru.

He was top 10 in his most recent class. We will see how he does this year before I make an assumption like that.

And yes, I know things don't look good right now lol.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
He was top 10 in his most recent class. We will see how he does this year before I make an assumption like that.

And yes, I know things don't look good right now lol.

Mac needs consistency. That is the key. Consistent top recruiting classes and consistency on the field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator