Were Mac's critics right?

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
What a bag-over-head buttf@king Foley gave us on his way out. There really looks to be no way out of this mess for years unless we send this fool packing in 2017. The earlier the better. Even the pumpers can see this shyte is going nowhere.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What a bag-over-head buttf@king Foley gave us on his way out. There really looks to be no way out of this mess for years unless we send this fool packing in 2017. The earlier the better. Even the pumpers can see this shyte is going nowhere.

There is quite a few at Gator Country that think Mac has everything under control.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Whenever "hope" enters the picture, 'thar be rough seas ahead cap'n. The pumpers all "hope" Mac pulls rabbits out of his hat and lands a steller recruiting class. The pumps "hope" that Franks is the next Rex Grossman. The pumps "hope" Mac hires all star coordinators and position coaches.

Look, I want(ed) Mac to succeed as much as anybody because if he did, then the Gators succeed too. However I'm not going to pretend he's chicken salad when I darn well know he's the other kind of chicken. And when Mac ultimately hits the fan I'm not going to be covered in splatter because I knew enough not to be standing anywhere close to it. Like the Oh Wise Swamp Donkey said, some of us can look at the ingredient list and figure out what's coming out of the oven way before it actually does.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Whenever "hope" enters the picture, 'thar be rough seas ahead cap'n. The pumpers all "hope" Mac pulls rabbits out of his hat and lands a steller recruiting class. The pumps "hope" that Franks is the next Rex Grossman. The pumps "hope" Mac hires all star coordinators and position coaches.

Look, I want(ed) Mac to succeed as much as anybody because if he did, then the Gators succeed too. However I'm not going to pretend he's chicken salad when I darn well know he's the other kind of chicken. And when Mac ultimately hits the fan I'm not going to be covered in splatter because I knew enough not to be standing anywhere close to it. Like the Oh Wise Swamp Donkey said, some of us can look at the ingredient list and figure out what's coming out of the oven way before it actually does.

Crazy thing with many pumpers is they think Mac can get it done with 15th ranked recruiting classes that he will be some magical 3 star whisperer and win the SEC that way.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The second half melt downs, the ranked team beat downs and the recruits scattering like cockroaches... for basically two years in a row caused me to jump off the buck board this year. But honestly, if Mac would dump the (3) assistant coach dead woods and get some consensus winners, I might be inclined to take another wild ride with him.

:cool:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'm kinda in the same boat. I was optimistic all the way up until the Arky game (turns out LSU was fools gold). The Harris situation does look like stubbornness in hindsight, but I don't think he had much of a choice. I'm guessing Guy was worse and he didn't want to go spread option for 2 reasons-- 1) hard to change an offense halfway thru the season. 2) Can't run Treon much due to size.

As for Grier, we may never know what actually happened. Lot of "he said, she said."

I never thought it would happen but I see eye to eye with TransJay on something. :suicide:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know this thread is not original but it's a board to discuss gator football, so Dan and CU-UF if you don't like the content of this thread, start some of your own. Pump some sunshine while your at it.

I choose to pump sunshine in this thread, now we can't post where we like?!

Please refer to the Board Rules and Culture thread on the homepage.
GatorChatterProlificPostersClub said:
The gloomy "Certain-Doomers" are welcome in all threads and we tolerate no mocking of their conclusions, the natural extrapolations toward futilism or the oft-seen mix of program-loathing (UF sucks!) and self-aggrandizing (I knew it first!).

Anyone who holds out hope that a conclusion is not yet certain, even when there is no soon hope for change, will be mocked, ridiculed and accused of being a relative or lover of the coach/player/A.D.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Right, because everyone knows you make a real sound evaluation of a coach, with a winning record mind you, after a little under two years....
I get your argument. I was high on him. But recruiting AND his obvious stubbornness, how do you say it, er, ah, oh yeah, "it is what it is." My bet is that Iowa is going to kick our tail real good unless the hapless AA and his sidekick Luke can pull a rabbit out of their hat. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
However I'm not going to pretend he's chicken salad when I darn well know he's the other kind of chicken. And when Mac ultimately hits the fan I'm not going to be covered in splatter because I knew enough not to be standing anywhere close to it.

What does this mean? How would you (or anyone other than those who have real responsibility or influence in the situation) be hurt by holding off a conclusion that Mac needs to be fired? Is there some danger that I'm unaware of associated with continuing to watch and root for our program and it's current coach?

...other than message board credibility? :lol2:

Sorry for the laugh. I really do want an answer to the question.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I feel the love. My point is there is no way someone being objective can say Mac is not it. Nor can they say Mac IS it. Just shy of two years of him running the program. Perhaps if he only won 5 games the last two years you could clearly say the negative. Yes there are concerns and I would say the jury is still out. But if he wins 10 games next year is he still not it?
Besides the obvious recruiting nightmare, It's his intransigence about the QB situation that decided it for me. Even a blind man can see AA is a disaster and yet he brought him here, and insists on starting him against Iowa. Hello. Earth to Mac. We would be miles ahead if our recruiting had been "5 Star" with only 5 wins. His deficiencies in that department is going to keep us behind the 8 ball for YEARS, even if he could coach, which you have to admit, is suspect.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Besides the obvious recruiting nightmare, It's his intransigence about the QB situation that decided it for me. Even a blind man can see AA is a disaster and yet he brought him here, and insists on starting him against Iowa. Hello. Earth to Mac. We would be miles ahead if our recruiting had been "5 Star" with only 5 wins. His deficiencies in that department is going to keep us behind the 8 ball for YEARS, even if he could coach, which you have to admit, is suspect.
I have reservations about Mac, and for me, next year will really be the "proof in the pudding" year. But weak east or not, someone has to win it (I prefer it to be us and he has won the East two years in a row, he went to LSU and won a game no-one gave him a chance to win, there have been SOME recruiting wins, he got the administration to move on the facilities. To me that is not clear indication that he is and will be a failure. I can reasonably argue the starting AA for the bowl game and I can see the starting the freshman point. They are both valid and it depends on your opinion, but dont be blinded by your opinion to dismiss starting AA as lunacy.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There's so much that needs to be done and it's Mac himself. You just can't win the East and somewhat backing into it and expect that things are all ok here. That leads to a lot of what many are talking about here is his stubbornness. What also concerns me is that he will not get his "you're on notice" talk until mid to late season next year. So that means he's here in 2018 too, unless he totally shyts the bed next year. And his stubbornness has hit in the areas we've all seen, QB, Nuss, OL-Nord, playing the Freshmen. He has to know that this is not working and needs to quit being stubborn and replace and fix those issues. I am one that hopes things turn around. But to this point I am not on the wagon by thinking the he "gets it".

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I do chuckle a lot when I come on here. Every time I seem to be pushed to the edge, you all make me laugh.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was pretty much decided by the end of year one. The way we won and the way we finished the year coupled with the poor recruiting did it for me. I had seen this movie before and this year has done nothing more than reinforce my opinion.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Law's been using "brah" and "lesbihonest" which means 1 of 2 things:

1- he listens to a lot of Drake
2- he is going through a mid life crisis and is trying to use the "hip" lingo

:lol:

Its because I exposed that Rex is his son and now he feels old. He is using hip lingo to help him feel younger...

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
was really concern after the way the season ended last year and the bowl game. it was confirmed after this years vols game.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
After the $hit sandwich he was left with by the previous regime he is did get a little ley way. My questioning comes from this handling of his staff, are we going to wait for the major problems on his staff to be hired by other staffs before we replace them? Mac knows football and his schemes are solid, you can see that in the scripted plays, the issues is him as a CEO. At times on game day he appears detached from the action, detached from the product that is on the field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator