What if Mac wins the East again next year?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If so, then the Russians have hacked the SEC.
That's a level playing field > Putin vs Sabin?

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
There ought to be two requirements in our HC's contract.
1. Our offense has to be rated better than #50 in the country.
2. Our recruiting class should be rated
#12 or better.
Being HC at UF with a state full of great athletes that is not asking too much.
I hear CM say often it is a privilege to be a gator. Sometimes I wonder if he thinks the recruits come automatically
and sits on his butt doing very little. I wonder if he has the ability to establish relationships with high school coaches and recruits. If you can't recruit, the well goes dry.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Depends, in the 4 losses are we once again blown out like Akron on homecoming?

I don't even care if he wins the east, just stop turning UF into a blowout target and he gets to stay.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The biggest issue we have is a quarterback. We haven't had one since Tebow. Get one, and everything else will be fine. We really need Franks or Trask to be the real deal.

FIFY :grin:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Folks, no matter what the record is next year, he's gonna make it to 2018.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
While we are at it, what if Mac wins the SEC next year

No you need to play this right. What if McElwain coaches UF to Atlanta next year, some historically bad say Mississippi State team is picked somehow after a four way tie in the west and UF wins 21 to 20 on a pick 6, a punt return and a kickoff return and generates only 225 yards in offense the entire game.

That is the way UF has been winning the East the first two years and the lack of offense THAT MCELWAIN WAS HIRED TO CORRECT is what concerns fans here.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WHAT IF...Franks is the real deal and our D is better than we think and we only lose 2 games and win the East?? I want to Win plain and simple. Maybe we will get better. Doubt it with this coaching staff but we will see...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No you need to play this right. What if McElwain coaches UF to Atlanta next year, some historically bad say Mississippi State team is picked somehow after a four way tie in the west and UF wins 21 to 20 on a pick 6, a punt return and a kickoff return and generates only 225 yards in offense the entire game.

That is the way UF has been winning the East the first two years and the lack of offense THAT MCELWAIN WAS HIRED TO CORRECT is what concerns fans here.

FFS, that is NOT how UF has been winning the East. We beat every SEC East team we played except UT. UT didn't do that. They lost to South Carolina and Vandy... :facepalm:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What if I'm really George Clooney?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
FFS, that is NOT how UF has been winning the East. We beat every SEC East team we played except UT. UT didn't do that. They lost to South Carolina and Vandy... :facepalm:

I don't get this? UF has been winning the East the last two years with terrible offense. All I did was add to it UF winning the SEC title game with equally terrible offense. I am not sure how UTn figures in to any of this?

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
If we win the East again next year we will be known as the "Beast of the East".

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If we win the East again next year we will be known as the "Beast of the East".
That was my handle on the AJC when I used to post there about 10 years ago. The Dwags hated it because they knew it was true. Now, they'd probably laugh at it.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't get this? UF has been winning the East the last two years with terrible offense. All I did was add to it UF winning the SEC title game with equally terrible offense. I am not sure how UTn figures in to any of this?

You tried to claim UF backed into the SEC East. We didn't. We won our way there fair and square. We had the best record in the SEC of any team not named Bama. That isn't backing your way in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator