What if Mac wins the East again next year?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You tried to claim UF backed into the SEC East. We didn't. We won our way there fair and square. We had the best record in the SEC of any team not named Bama. That isn't backing your way in.

I did not infer that. What I inferred was that UF won the East the last two year unimpressively particularly on offense. I do not think anyone can argue with that.

I also think if UF won the East equally unimpressively and won a no offensive TD game over at 12-0 UAL most fans would still see that as a great achievement. On the other hand if UF won the East equally unimpressively next year and had no offensive TDs win over Mississippi State that finished in a four way tie for the west, less UF fans would be impressed, just as many UF fans have not been that impressed by winning the East these last two years.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
New AD will not wait it out for his buddy like Foley did.
No way they can the twice East winner after a lousy year. No way. Assistants, yes. Him, no. Doesn't mean it couldn't happen mid-2018 if things look bad but I just don't think at the beginning.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
No way they can the twice East winner after a lousy year. No way. Assistants, yes. Him, no. Doesn't mean it couldn't happen mid-2018 if things look bad but I just don't think at the beginning.

I am with you on this. No way even a 4-8 season gets him canned after two straight SEC East titles.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I am with you on this. No way even a 4-8 season gets him canned after two straight SEC East titles.
Idk about that. Looking back, Will muschamp had won 11 regular season games and signed the #2 recruiting class. There was quite a bit of excitement going into 2013. There's already some noise going into next year with Mac. Not to mention a new AD with no ties to Mac.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
East winner doesn't mean shyt in the current east. Mizzu was the two time east winner.

He loses 4 games a year. Just like Zook.

If our AD attempts to keep another losing coach, after two mediocre seasons, and with a disaster of a recruiting effort, he deserves to be shown the door just like Fooley.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If he is kept til 2018 with these pathetic recruiting classes it will probably be a 6 year rebuild, two to three just to get us out of the Kintucky/Vandy zone.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He loses 4 games a year. Just like Zook.
Zook lost 5 games a year, although they credit his last loss to Charlie since Zook didn't coach the bowl.

Spurrier lost 4 games twice in 12 years and that's where I set the bar. Losing 4 is the worst you should ever do and it shouldn't happen often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator