What is Kirby selling to recruits?

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Take that, Spurrier. You lazy SOB.

SOS was a different situation, in a different time and a totally different coach, remember he won the ACC title and he didn't do it with the no. 1 recruiting class at Duke. I'd say it's a stretch to call SOS a "great" recruiter but he got what he needed out of his recruiting classes. His system recruited itself, particulary on offense. Mac's system ain't recruiting anyone but the Librarian.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
SOS was a different situation, in a different time and a totally different coach, remember he won the ACC title and he didn't do it with the no. 1 recruiting class at Duke. I'd say it's a stretch to call SOS a "great" recruiter but he got what he needed out of his recruiting classes. His system recruited itself, particulary on offense. Mac's system ain't recruiting anyone but the Librarian.
SOS had a staff full of great recruiters. He let them do the work on the trail.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Really? A rivalry?
You missed the point, just to try to make your own.
[GIPHY="ass"]https://media1.giphy.com/media/GQfJZJlepxzZC/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]

No, I didn't miss the point.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
FYI: 'Lowly' GaTech beat UGA in the last game of the regular season.
Please don't tell me you're trying to defend Ga tech. Yes they beat UGA this year by one point, in Kirby's and UGA's FIRST year since Richt got canned. Since 2001, that was just the third time in 16 tries Ga Tech beat UGA. You really think Ga tech is a threat to UGA? I don't even know if they're a threat to Georgia Southern. It'd be akin to Florida losing a recruit to UCF.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Please don't tell me you're trying to defend Ga tech. Yes they beat UGA this year by one point, in Kirby's and UGA's FIRST year since Richt got canned. Since 2001, that was just the third time in 16 tries Ga Tech beat UGA. You really think Ga tech is a threat to UGA? I don't even know if they're a threat to Georgia Southern. It'd be akin to Florida losing a recruit to UCF.
the only way GT would ever be a threat to them again is if they can their coach, abandon the triple option, and hire someone that is actually worth a crap. Until then they will only get them in the down years.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just pointing out that the 'lowly' team beat UGA - that's all. There sure is a lot of gushing over Kirby and UGA in this thread - probably why I responded the way I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator