What kind of man is Chip Kelly?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've never understood why people care what a coach's personality is. It's not like we get to sit down to dinner with them.

Nick Saban, by all accounts, is a major ass. No one at Alabama gives a crap.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When he took over the Eagles, players saw his quirks and emphases up close. Kelly asked them to supply daily urine samples, to document their sleep and heart rates, to practice while a network of speakers blared drill cadences and favorites from Ricky Martin or “The Lion King.” “There’s plenty of weirdos in the NFL,” one of Kelly’s former players says. “He’s just a different kind of weirdo.”

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Points well taken. Just win, baby, however it needs to be done. We're desperate to be back in the conversation.

Helps, too, to understand the way the man thinks and operates. It's part of the genius similar as it was with Urban Meyer with all the funny little mind games he played with the players.

It's what made Meyer at once unique, odd and highly successful.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
He's not the type of man that would have randomly fallen off of any turnip trucks, that's all that matters.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Followup comment to my last one.

Whereas Meyer's strength was recruiting methods and finding ways to motivate players, Kelly's is in the details and in utilizing informatics as the basis for organizing schemes, recruitment of players and game plans. Very, very sophisticated stuff.

He really does come across as a mad scientist -- in a good way.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He’s a guy that Dooley doesn’t seem to like because he’s not all buddy buddy with the lazy ass press, which makes him fine by me.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I don't care if he cross dresses and fcks goats while listening to spice girls as long as he kicks ass on Saturday's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator