What kind of man is Chip Kelly?

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If he wins, his personality is a trait that enhances his no nonsense approach to winning football games,

If he loses, his personality traits are what keep him for instilling a flexible approach to today’s kids and keeps him from winning.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
There is nothing wrong with being a penis erecti......as long as you win...
Let me go down my list of winning CFB coaches and see if you find any of them to be likable through and through,
Woody Hayes....a penis with glasses
Bo Schmebechler
John McKay...a few notable quotes but he was an ass
Barry Switzer....dirty and didn't give a damned
SOS......yes we love him but when he was coaching most CFB fans despised his ass
Jimmie Johnson....ok he was a little goofy at times but also arrogant as hell
Joe Paterno....cranky old bast@rd
Urban Meyer.....just ask the Orl. Sent. sports writer(Fowler) about him....a smugness that was undeniable. Would rather quit than lose.
Nick Saban....has been an assh#le for so long he doesn't even realize it. Perfectionist to the point of being miserable....

Now lets look at a list of guys who are more likely successful BUT didn't fill the trophy cases like they should have...These were usually more "likeable" guys and always managed a smile an gave interviews whether they were winning or getting their asses handed to them.

Bobby Bowden....I know he won a lot and a couple of championships BUT go back and look at his roster in the 80"s and 90"s. Anybody on the other list would have won 5 or 6 NC's with those NFL laden rosters and 10 gimme games a year.

Phillip Fulmer, our favorite donut munching Doughboy...With his talent and their cheating he should have won at least 2 or 3 NC's. Look at how well most of his players did in the NFL They were an NFL All Pro factory that produced little hardware.

Les Miles....Has anyone done less with more? His offenses gave inspiration to the bums we had here like Champ and Butters.

Mark Richt...Again a great talent amasser with no hardware to show for it....Could have and should have won every SEC title between 2002 and 2006 when you think about the state that UF was in and Bama pre Saban.

Larry Coker, my God the man was handed the keys to a Ferrari and wrecked the thing beyond repair.

Honorable mention in this list also goes to such knuckleheads as Bob Davie, Ron Zook, Tyrone Willingham and Frank Stolich.....All share common personality traits.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If he wins, his personality is a trait that enhances his no nonsense approach to winning football games,

If he loses, his personality traits are what keep him for instilling a flexible approach to today’s kids and keeps him from winning.

Lol, exactly what I was thinking when I posted the thread.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Really, we're indicting before the guy even blows his whistle... he's respected by his coaching colleagues... we need a buzz, a splash, a veteran of the process of competing at the highest level. As long as the dude doesn't have an obvious track record of NCAA violations or tugs on the panties of unsuspecting minors or woman... Welcome home Chip.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I've never understood why people care what a coach's personality is. It's not like we get to sit down to dinner with them.

Nick Saban, by all accounts, is a major ass. No one at Alabama gives a crap.

Exactly when some UF boosters criticized Spurrier's personality when UF was in the post Zook coach search, I decide by I am glad I am not too close to the program. I don't want to drink a beer with the coach, I want to watch his exciting team win games.

I guess in those days of conceit UF fans like the UAA imagined they could win with any coach. To me of all the ingredients the right coach is the most important one.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
It's sort of like your surgeon. You don't care what kind of a personality he has. You only care what kinds of skills he has with a scalpel and that he doesn't come to work drunk. If he wins games and keeps his pecker in his pants then both the fans and the Administration are happy.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I've never understood why people care what a coach's personality is. It's not like we get to sit down to dinner with them.

Nick Saban, by all accounts, is a major ass. No one at Alabama gives a crap.

I bet he is not a major ass with major boosters, and I see him not being an ass with the media unless they are an ass first. Winning does cover a lot of other things.

amber1

Sep 1, 2017
I'm for someone wanting to keep his private life private, but this article seems like he has a personality that doesn't allow anyone to second guess him, and/or dismisses those that try. From the press conferences I've seen at UF, I am wondering how someone like CK is going to react to a intrusive press, alumni, and fan base that UF has. Not to mention an SEC network that is second guessing your team at every turn, along with a NC coach down the hall (SOS) that IS the definition and face of Florida football. But, all that goes away, if you win.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm for someone wanting to keep his private life private, but this article seems like he has a personality that doesn't allow anyone to second guess him, and/or dismisses those that try. From the press conferences I've seen at UF, I am wondering how someone like CK is going to react to a intrusive press, alumni, and fan base that UF has. Not to mention an SEC network that is second guessing your team at every turn, along with a NC coach down the hall (SOS) that IS the definition and face of Florida football. But, all that goes away, if you win.

Give it up. It's signed now. UF gets Chip Kelly. Vols once again get the left-overs.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
To answer the OP... the kind of man who expects his offense to average 60 points a game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.