What now? Gator fans told to "temper expectations"

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I fully expect us not to get either one. Bama just had a db decommit right after hendersons visit and when they really want someone they get him. Blades, everyone but us thinks hes going to Nebraska.
I think they are going after a higher rated DB though. It will probably depend on whether Bama has room for him. Of course they'll make room if they really want him

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He has a thirty year history of being a very mediocre coach.
Granted it was weak, but he has made the SEC championship with basically no QB. That doesn't make him a mediocre coach, it makes him a crappy GM.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've heard this about Foley. He was hired to clean up our program and image. He was not hired to glad hand boosters or fix facilities. I think he did a great job at what he was hired to do. The fault isn't with Foley as much as it is with Machen. Foley should've been replaced long ago in respect to why he was hired. Stricklin is more of the glad handing and facility building type from what I've read. Not sure how good he is af it tho. I think Foley was a good AD for what we needed when he was hired, but those days were long past and Machen F'd up. Let's hope Stricklin knows what he's doing and can get the booster well pumping again.

Regarding Mac, he's a good coach. Anyone who thinks otherwise isn't paying attention. What he's failed at is being a good GM. He's made two good replacement hires in Rumph and Gray, I believe he will make two more good hires. The problem lies in loyalty. Now I've heard that Nord is a really good game day coach. That he's the one in the press box identifying what the defense does. If true they need ace recruiters to make up for him. Also if true, it speaks more about Nuss and his lack of ability. In any event, Mac is sealing his fate with the next two hires. QB play can't be any worse, so maybe our offense will finally show in 2017. One thing is for sure, time is not on Mac's side.

I don't think Mac has proven he is a good head coach that is for sure. The East was just a joke his first 2 years here and he has no head coaching history of being able to compete effectively against the top teams as he has a big time losing record in those games as a head coach.

As far as Foley I don't think someone without any football sports background themselves as a coach/player is hired just to clean things up. If they wanted that just hire the strong personality former coach/player that people already look up to that has a pretty good clean reputation. They hired Foley thinking he was the long term answer and it will have turned out to be a big mistake if Mac doesn't turn things around real fast no matter how many womens tennis championships etc. we have that 99% of the people don't care about if the football team is in disarray. I don't see why Machen (who I couldn't stand) would have replaced Foley when Machen made a good call in forcing the Meyer hire giving us those great years. Machen at least did save us from Foley possibly not hiring Spurrier or Meyer and trying one of his I am the smartest guy in the room hires from left field.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.