What now? Gator fans told to "temper expectations"

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Foley was never great. He smiled and shook a lot of the right hands. He inherited SOS and a program already winning the Allsports Trophy and drove it into the ground.

He did one thing right in his career, Billy Dunovan. Everything else was handed to him.

Yep unless Mac turns it around Donovan doesnt make up for 3 bad football hires where Foley actually made the choice.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Foley was never great. He smiled and shook a lot of the right hands. He inherited SOS and a program already winning the Allsports Trophy and drove it into the ground.

He did one thing right in his career, Billy Dunovan. Everything else was handed to him.

That is how I see it. People act like he spends his own money on the non-revenue sports. He just happened to become AD in a very rich athletic department and could out spend the competition in many sports.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, its so fvkking weird that he spends top money in nonrevenue sports, but not football.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are funny.......

Somebody post an unfounded rumor and it sets off a meltdown!

The rumor may be true but it may be false and some of you are already hanging off the cliff.

This is almost Vol worthy......

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Guys... we only have a week left! There isn't much time to salvage this class.. so, you know what we need?

A Montage!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He could get all of those guys and not crack the top ten. This is what happens when you are so far behind. He's guaranteed to have the overall worst average during his first three years recruiting. The worst since they have been tracking. In the most fertile recruiting state in the country. AT the flagship university. Goober McShucks can't be fired fast enough.

At this point... I'm not even worried about the Top 10... with all the doom and gloom on this board... I am just hoping he gets close. If he can keep Blades on board and pull in 8 other key guys and get us to 23... I'll breath a sigh of relief that it isn't the disaster that was posted about earlier...

Yes... that is how low expectations are at this point and I realize that sucks.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Odds of Becoming an All-American, by Recruiting Ranking
5–Star: 1 in 4.
Top 100: 1 in 6.
4–Star: 1 in 16.
3–Star: 1 in 56.
2–Star: 1 in 127

Stars don't matter...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

This is the main 247 guy covering Florida and they are all generally pretty pumptastic. And you know Im not a fan of 247 but he is good.

He and Delatorreare are probably the most objective. I loke David Parker over at GC foe his x and os but he is a hopeless pumper.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Odds of Becoming an All-American, by Recruiting Ranking
5–Star:
1 in 4.
Top 100: 1 in 6.
4–Star: 1 in 16.
3–Star: 1 in 56.
2–Star: 1 in 127

Stars don't matter...
I dont know what you source for that is but there are many many thousands of three stars. Im have trouble making the math work unless there are 700 or more AAs.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I dont know what you source for that is but there are many many thousands of three stars. Im have trouble making the math work unless there are 700 or more AAs.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...96710/nfl-draft-recruits-five-stars-two-stars
That's not the article I grabbed the graphic from but it helps. I'm trying to find that one but those numbers are almost identical...I should start a document with all these links. There are so many that show how well these rankings bear out.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They have basically quit giving large donations because the money is not being used on the Football program but instead on everything else. So i think they've already had enough!
It's called Exactech Arena for a reason right? The well isn't pumping enough out.

gatorgrad'02

Aug 10, 2015

The rumor may be true but it may be false and some of you are already hanging off the cliff.

This is almost Vol worthy......

Agree that it's an unfounded rumor, but disagree that it set off a meltdown. The meltdown began several weeks ago.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if Mac will close like he did in 2015 where he got all 7 blue chippers committed on or within just days of signing day or will it be like last year where almost all of the blue chippers we got were already committed by this point.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
At this point... I'm not even worried about the Top 10... with all the doom and gloom on this board... I am just hoping he gets close. If he can keep Blades on board and pull in 8 other key guys and get us to 23... I'll breath a sigh of relief that it isn't the disaster that was posted about earlier...

Yes... that is how low expectations are at this point and I realize that sucks.
Yes, but pulling in 8 key guys on NSD is a heavy lift. In fact, that'd be a hell of a finish! Love to see it happen, but that'd mean we got the guys this rumor is about, right?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We either have one of the most elaborate and risky NSD plans or our recruiting just sucks. Where are you putting your money?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I wonder if Mac will close like he did in 2015 where he got all 7 blue chippers committed on or within just days of signing day or will it be like last year where almost all of the blue chippers we got were already committed by this point.
In 2015 he was a new coach following the chump. There was excitement that offense was coming back to Florida and the fun and gun was back. In 2017 the shine is off the bloom and there is no excitement about Mac or his coaches. I would expect a close worse than last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.