What would it take to get you to change your opinion of Mac?

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Stop getting blown out when it matters would be a start. I won't even go into other things until he can accomplish this.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Start beating ranked teams consistently

A top 20 ranked offense - yearly with continuous improvement

If NussChump, or any other coach, coordinator is not pulling their coaching weight, FIRE THEIR ASS IMMEDIATELY. We need great position coaches

Start scoring offensive TD's and beating FSU

Stop taking your foot off of the gas when we have a lead

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
For starters? blow Michigan off the field, slaughter them, kick a field goal while up 56-0.

Stop getting blown out, his teams lost by 10+ in 25 percent of the games he's coached here, that's horrible, stop UF from being a cup cake, think fsu or bama is worried about us? they have us marked as an easy win right now.

Win a real title, the east doesn't count.

Not asking a lot :D

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
A shocking blowout of Meatchicken followed by wins over the Fighting Butches, Tiguz, Dawgs and assnoles. Do that, and I'm a worshiper of whatever the name of that wagon Mac rolled into town 3 years ago

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I do think Mac is the man for the job. He to me has already demonstrated some CEO skills that are necessary in doing this job i.e. facilities, trying to balance the roster and create depth. I will give him a break for some of the tough things that have happened so far because what he inherited was a mess in terms of depth and balance/competition in the roster i.e we were thin in many spots oline and DT come to mind, yet he still made it to Atlanta. Now, to me, if we can win the Michigan game which I am confident we will do because we have a really solid squad this year, than I think a lot of the fan base will realize Mac is the real deal and support and enthusiasm will grow even more than it already has after the back to back trips to ATL. Also, I want to see coach Mac continue recruiting size and depth along the DLine and Oline as that to me is how you win consistently in the SEC ( i.e. bama cough cough)

Last edited:

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Stop getting embarrassed in big games and field an offense that's fun to watch.
Don't care about our win loss record don't care about rankings or stats just do those two things this year and that's a start.

Don't do those two things soon it won't matter what any of us think.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Start winning the tough games. 3-7 vs ranked teams isn't good enough. Recruiting seems to be on an uptick. That's great. He's restocking the shelves. I think he's going to have to keep the buzz going during the actual season. If the offense sucks again and we go 9-4 again...next year will be dead man walking.

And beat FSU. 0-3 vs them is going to create major noise.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he can win a lot of games without a top 30 offense.

For this year I think he needs a top 30 offense, top 5 recruiting class, win at least 8 games, and no more blow out losses. Defense will take a significant step back this year so losses will happen. I agree with Law that offense and recruiting are bigger signs of improvement than the win/loss column.
diddo.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The natives are restless////

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.”
~ poet John Lydgate, later adapted by President Lincoln

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Be competitive! And I mean competitive in every game. I'm not as worried about W L this year as I am wanting to be competitive in every game. I'll take 7-5 all day if our offense is better and we don't lose any games by more than 7 points. I'd rather that than go 9-3 but lose to 3 teams by 20+ points but win the other games. And also I want to see the recruiting continue to rise like it is. I want a buzz around the team going into 2018. Give me that and I'll begin to change my mind on Mac.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I don't think he can win a lot of games without a top 30 offense.

For this year I think he needs a top 30 offense, top 5 recruiting class, win at least 8 games, and no more blow out losses. Defense will take a significant step back this year so losses will happen. I agree with Law that offense and recruiting are bigger signs of improvement than the win/loss column.
I happen to agree with most of this but when you look at the quality or lack of in our division I think 9 wins should be a benchmark for progression this season. Lets face it, the defense in all likelihood will take a few games if not about half a season to get their feet completely under them before they are able to function as a unit due to loss of starters from last year. Despite that we should always have more raw talent on our roster than anyone in the East with the exception of possibly UGA....The other factor is on Butters shoulders to find a way to get the ball into the hands of our best players on offense despite our shortcomings at QB. Other coaches and programs do it and win games so it's time for Butters to prove he can win games without always leaning on a top 10 defense.......

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Mac is the best, we are the best. he could not improve a single thing in my mind. We are going to win the natty this year. :pumper:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mcelwain and staff have done an admirable job considering the dumpster fire Muschamp left. The gator brand has taken a serious hit but the coaches have recruited and filled needs.
Next years class will tell the tale for me. I think we need to finish with a top 30 offense. Otherwise, with our young D, it will be a long season and I would expect the recruited to jump ship. If that happens, I'm done supporting Mac.

And, beat UGay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.