Where are 5 star players?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some people seem to have a need to assign blame for everything. Even when something good happens, people like Dirty are just begging for the hammer to fall so they can say, "I told you so'!

I think it has something to do with S.M.S

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I fear that Mac can continue to win the East with subpar recruiting. Thus keeping his job, and keeping us from our dreams for many years to come.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I fear that Mac can continue to win the East with subpar recruiting. Thus keeping his job, and keeping us from our dreams for many years to come.
This is my biggest worry too

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Other than the WR's causing false starts the unit is coached well.
No, they're not. They don't run crisp routes, they don't run the scramble routes well if at all, you often see two WRs running to the same spot (someone is obviously wrong), they don't have good hands, and they don't fight for balls or win the fights much when they do. Frankly, the only thing they do well is block.

Danny Wuerffel threw his share of "50/50" balls. Ike and Reidel came down with those. Of course, that's really a misnomer bc CBs play that position bc they cannot catch. The receiver should win that battle most of the time.

Last edited:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fallacious expression = If they don't see recruiting deficits, why do they come up excusing what they don't see ??

I will try one more time and then will wave the white flag. They see the deficits but they make excuses for why they are occurring versus being honest with themselves and accepting the fact that to date Mac has not recruited well
Is there an obscure term for what I am saying ..... I think they call it denial. I find it interesting that GatorJ, the poster I quoted understood exactly what I was saying Now tell me how confusing I am and that I need a communication class or whatever

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I will try one more time and then will wave the white flag. They see the deficits but they make excuses for why they are occurring versus being honest with themselves and accepting the fact that to date Mac has not recruited well
Is there an obscure term for what I am saying ..... I think they call it denial. I find it interesting that GatorJ, the poster I quoted understood exactly what I was saying Now tell me how confusing I am and that I need a communication class or whatever
Huh?

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess we can get some balls and call the radio show and ask Mac straight up why he's not getting 4 and 5 * recruits and what's he going to do about it or his plan moving forward...fan curiosity Coach... it would sure save some bandwidth or at least we'd have a definitive reason to b!tch based on the wrong answer :scratchchin:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

When you call people out, your claims should at least be congruent. Your post did say they did not see Mac's
recruiting was substandard and so they make excuses for it. I'm just playing with you DGDad. I agree with you
(& many) that our recruiting is subpar and Mac as the CEO takes the blame. He does need to be, right now,
hunting for better coaches who are very good at recruiting. But Mac also has a game-win to work on.??

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
No, they're not. They don't run crisp routes, they don't run the scramble routes well if at all, you often see two WRs running to the same spot (someone is obviously wrong), they don't have good hands, and they don't fight for balls or win the fights much when they do. Frankly, the only thing they do well is block.

Danny Wuerffel threw his share of "50/50" balls. Ike and Reidel came down with those. Of course, that's really a misnomer bc CBs play that position bc they cannot catch. The receiver should win that battle most of the time.

This is what I see often, and unless your QB is laser-accurate with impeccable timing, you have to want the ball more than the other guy. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see a couple offensive pass interference calls...at least it would show they want the ball.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
5 star players don't ALWAYS work out. Driskel, Josh Shaw, Gary Brown, John Brantley, and James Wilson were all 5 star recruits. Trey Burton, Calloway, Zuniga, Quincy Wilson, and Pinero were all 3 star recruits so you just never know with recruiting. Its all about how the player gets coached up and performs. Ahmad Black wasn't even rated!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
5 star players don't ALWAYS work out. Driskel, Josh Shaw, Gary Brown, John Brantley, and James Wilson were all 5 star recruits. Trey Burton, Calloway, Zuniga, Quincy Wilson, and Pinero were all 3 star recruits so you just never know with recruiting. Its all about how the player gets coached up and performs. Ahmad Black wasn't even rated!!

Neither Driskel https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/11008 nor John Brantley https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/17688 were 5 stars.

Calloway https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/5811 Quincy Wilson https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/9554 and Ahmad Black were not 3 stars. https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/44921

Trey Burton? That's your success story. :lmao2: Nice kid, good depth. Not the kind of kid that wins championships.

Thanks for playing. It would be hard to fvkk that post up more if you were trying to be wrong.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

When was the last time a team won the SEC without a couple of highly rated recruiting classes leading up to it? I think 2010 Auburn is the only SEC team to win an SEC Championship without real good recruiting classes in the modern era of the last 25 years or so and that was probably only due to having that crazy good college QB.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
PS>> One day from now, if we "wet the bed" at Arky, then my claims don't hold water. :cool:

I see what you did there Rog. :lol2:

Regarding your other comments, I agree that improvements in the on-field performance will help recruiting and victories against FSU/Bama/etc. would be big but I disagree about this being the first year of Mac's recruiting. Yes, he had limited time to recruit after being hired which is why his second class should have been better. Mac had 13 months to develop relationships and land players...same as any other new head coach at any school. Mac wasn't my first choice for head coach but I was cautiously optimistic that he would work out for us. I still think he may be good but he needs to 1) step it up in recruiting, especially with in-state recruits and 2) get better assistant coaches.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
I think facilities matter more than we think. If I'm going to spend 3-4 years at a school. Why would I wanna stay at the motel 6, when I can stay in a Hilton Suites.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Hate to agree with this but I agree with this and it's been something that has been in the back of my mind for a while now.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Trey Burton is actually in the NFL having success so as a 3 star player that is not something you would expect. Not laughing now huh??

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Depends on which site you look on too for rankings. 247 has those players I mentioned correct stars. Different sites do different rankings

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
OWNED and DESTROYED just like Mac against Ark

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics