Which of you boys Royally Screwed the Pooch?

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
Was away in Asia for a few months and on my return found that GSMB forums were shut down for good. That forum in its multiple incarnations existed for close to two decades. Now, it is gone. Scoured all forums to see where Bullock and his Brood were hiding. Found a few posters on other forums and luckily found this one with most of the resident varmints.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
GSMB took a dirt nap, and I mean a hard one. Board was royally flucked the last few months and due to GS sucking a fat one and having no money for repairs/upgrades it finally went the way of the dodo bird. GS main page had some lame excuse about temporarily being shutdown due to potential offensive content but the truth was is the whole thing just flatlined and wasn't worth resuscitating. I think you'l find this board much better. No glitches, screwed up post orders, and many more and modern features. Cheers.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bottom line is they had issues and didn't want to spend the money to make it work like it should. Now, there is another popular conspiracy theory that says it's all bradgator's fault for constantly harassing Halifax Media Group, demanding outrageous upgrades. I'm leaning towards the latter myself.

By the way, welcome to GatorChatter. I think we got the bulk of the regular GSMB posters and expect many more to find us when football season gets closer.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
My take on what happened is this - There were many technical issues with the board and some members actually emailed members of management. They became aware of our little world and annoyed that anybody would actually try to hold management accountable. One female in particular was offended by some content (it was not that bad) and then management decided it was not worth the trouble and as usual came up with a lame excuse. I might be wrong but I did see the entire thread and have some experience with corporate types. Welcome this board should be much better when most people find it and arrive for football season.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n17390 said:
My take on what happened is this - There were many technical issues with the board and some members actually emailed members of management. They became aware of our little world and annoyed that anybody would actually try to hold management accountable. One female in particular was offended by some content (it was not that bad) and then management decided it was not worth the trouble and as usual came up with a lame excuse. I might be wrong but I did see the entire thread and have some experience with corporate types. Welcome this board should be much better when most people find it and arrive for football season.
To be accurate, NO ONE (at least to my knowledge) actually emailed anyone at Halifax. It was all a joke.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be very curious to know how much traffic to the Sun's website has declined after the destruction of the GSMB. And is it really THAT expensive to maintain a chat site? I really don't know.

I think the muckitty mucks were just pissed that they were being made fun of on their own site so they childishly decided to take their ball and go home.... even if it was detrimental to the vitality of their paper's website. The person I feel most sorry for in this thing is Zach. It has greatly diminished his exposure.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n17436 said:
Damn you Brad!!!

It's only a matter of time before he takes this place down! :headshake:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
divits said:
I'd be very curious to know how much traffic to the Sun's website has declined after the destruction of the GSMB. And is it really THAT expensive to maintain a chat site? I really don't know.

I think the muckitty mucks were just pissed that they were being made fun of on their own site so they childishly decided to take their ball and go home.... even if it was detrimental to the vitality of their paper's website. The person I feel most sorry for in this thing is Zach. It has greatly diminished his exposure.
Short term I don't think they will feel it. The cost of upgrade would be more than the software portion of the upgrade, and would be a decent amount for a failing newspaper. But they will start to feel it during football season, where the click through profit from ads will not be realized, now it wouldn't be that great. Come August is when it will really hurt them.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n17439 said:
It's only a matter of time before he takes this place down! :headshake:
I already banned him in advance.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
VulcanAlex;n17390 said:
To be accurate, NO ONE (at least to my knowledge) actually emailed anyone at Halifax. It was all a joke.
Good to know but then how did management even know about the issues. Thanks for the clarification.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2 said:
C'mon.... That wasnt nice.
Hamsters. Actually, I made a borderline-inappropriate gerbil joke in my last fake email to the IT director. The site was pulled down about 10 minutes later. It's too bad too... because that post was MUCH better than my first one.

Damn I cant wait until football starts.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n17434 said:

Well i for one have only been to the site 2 times since we switched over here...and i normally read everything everyday that i was posting which was a lot...so if everyone else is very similar im sure they are down a ton

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n17468 said:
Good to know but then how did management even know about the issues.
Management of the Sun knew about the issues because I sent them an email. However, I was told that the IT department was working on things that were of a higher priority.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE- said:
divits;n17434 said:

Well i for one have only been to the site 2 times since we switched over here...and i normally read everything everyday that i was posting which was a lot...so if everyone else is very similar im sure they are down a ton
Yep, same here. Only time I go there now is if I'm duped into going there by our news section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.