White-hot Gators wipe the floor with Kentucky

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Great way for Cheese to close out the game and his Gator career on Senior Night (a concept lost on ky). Gators flinched a bit and then bowed up to avoid a collapse.

Unless this was the same officiating crew as the one in Lexington (who called a surprisingly fair game) screw them. And screw ky!

Go Gators!!!

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida wins 80-67!!!!! What a way to go into the post season. Beating Auburn, Alabama, and Kentucky. Hope all is well with Hudson and Chiozza. Thigh bruise and poked eye respectfully.

We show our season all in one game.

Close to start, back and forth

Couldn't miss for about 15 min!!!

Then with 16 min left UK went zone and we played slow and wasted clock. Went 12 min scoring 1 pt

Lucky crazy bounce on a Hudson 3 got us going again along with finally pushing the pace at the 5 min mark. Went from 9 to 18 pt lead in 2 min

Finished the game with some good defense....roller coaster win...but we finished the season strong

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Florida is up 65-53 at the user 8 timeout. I'm calling it. We will lose all 23 pt lead in the 2nd half...just pathetic offense against the zone...have to freaking score
i love you Lee. I love basketball people and you are one no doubt. But like some of our football fans you gotta keep the faith. This team has learned from its mistakes just Like White. We may lose with poor shooting but I dont think we will beat ourselves much anymore.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good job Gators! Good job Mike White!

Work 'em silly in the SEC tournament and get ready for the big dance!!

:chomp:

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
i love you Lee. I love basketball people and you are one no doubt. But like some of our football fans you gotta keep the faith. This team has learned from its mistakes just Like White. We may lose with poor shooting but I dont think we will beat ourselves much anymore.
Hope you are right. Loved how we picked the tempo back up when it got to 10 pts. Wouldn't have seen that earlier and that made the difference in the end

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gators WIN and you Trolls, Haters and Complainers LOSE. NOTHING you can do about it! 20 wins and UK SWEPT by UF. Gators just the better team again today. What a game by Allen! 9 points, 7 rebs, 7 assists, and 3 steals. Hudson the hot hand again with 22 points. Egor solid and tough with 16 points. Gak/Hayes combine for 8 points and 10 rebs. Gators played TOUGH and were able to close out the WIN. Haters and Complainers OWNED and DESTROYED and BABIKED!! Go Gators!! Nice peaceful night tonight!

:chomp::chomp::chomp:

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Gators WIN and you Trolls, Haters and Complainers LOSE. NOTHING you can do about it! 20 wins and UK SWEPT by UF. Gators just the better team again today. What a game by Allen! 9 points, 7 rebs, 7 assists, and 3 steals. Hudson the hot hand again with 22 points. Egor solid and tough with 16 points. Gak/Hayes combine for 8 points and 10 rebs. Gators played TOUGH and were able to close out the WIN. Haters and Complainers OWNED and DESTROYED and BABIKED!! Go Gators!! Nice peaceful night tonight!

:chomp::chomp::chomp:
Might have been Allen's best all around game of his career

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GREAT COACHING by Mike White to keep this team focused and to change up defenses on UK. Also to get our guys to push the ball when they needed too and push the ball inside and go right AT UK. COACHING. White called out specific plays to run to get our shooters open and they knocked down shots and 3s. COACHING. Gators 20 wins and IN the NCAA Tourney and there is NOTHING you can do about it Trolls! Go Gators!!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Took White a while, but it looks like he finally got through to this team about the importance of defense. When we play defense like we did today, we will be a TOUGH out in the tourney.

I had my doubts about White for a stretch (always thought he was a great guy) but I’m gonna shut up now. I’m all in.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think this team can make a run like last year if it keeps playing good on defense.

Uh no. Zero inside presence. Lucky to get a sweet 16. Just being honest. Nice win but this team isn't built for a tourney run unfortunately.

Go Gators!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Uh no. Zero inside presence. Lucky to get a sweet 16. Just being honest. Nice win but this team isn't built for a tourney run unfortunately.

Go Gators!

Who did we have on the inside last year (that we don’t have this year) when we made it to the Elite 8?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Who did we have on the inside last year (that we don’t have this year) when we made it to the Elite 8?
Not having Robinson on D has made a huge difference. Can’t believe he dipped early to go undrafted. :facepalm:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Not having Robinson on D has made a huge difference. Can’t believe he dipped early to go undrafted. :facepalm:

Robinson wasn’t an inside presence IMO. He was a wing and he played like one.

We didn’t have much of an inside presence last year either. Heck, if we can get some more good minutes out of Gak and have Bassett continue to develop, we might have a little something going.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

I'm just not seeing it. This team is no where near elite 8 and haven't really played like it. JMHO. Nothing more. Glad we made the tourney though. That was huge for White.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator