Who do you think was MVP of the O&B Debut?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone selling, serving, and/or distributing liquor in Florida.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Toney had several good throws while running for his life. He plays well under duress. I hate to say it but Franks and Trask looked slow.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Toney was electric. His drive to play another down stood out to me.

I also thought Scarlett brought his game to another level.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Toney looked good but sure that was against the 2's, but none the less very promising. I don't think you can really say or see anything out of what we saw on the field last night.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone have video of Toney from last night? I missed him.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Toney was the big surprise in an otherwise ho-hum night scrimmage, but the crowd was there for a Friday night and they were pretty lively. Franks looks better than Trask - he has progressed since the last O&B but not sure Trask has gotten much better his reads are slower and he's not gonna have a lot of time behind our line. Franks looks the part - big and tall, stands in, steps up and fires. But Toney - he 's a baller that is a danger to score all by himself from anywhere on the field. Extends plays with his feet and can throw on the scramble, and is a wild man in the open field. NICE TO SEE

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
A bit underwhelming, however...

Compared to last year, Franks looked significantly better. SOS mentioned he saw less vanilla D than when he was running the spring game, so I hope that's a real positive and not just PR. There were still a few missing players on IR they listed on the screen and a few freshmen who will add some excitement this summer, I hope. We won't know what this team can do until they see some quality SEC competition.

Trying to stay optimistic, but I'm in "show me" mode until they actually do.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I think there's little doubt Franks would have looked nearly equally as bad with the second team against the first, but Toney seems like a gamer regardless of the circumstances. If their not going to play him at QB put him in the slot because after a good start Powells production drops off every year.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Callaway and Scarlett both looked really good. Did Cleveland ever get a reception? I don't recall any QB throwing to him since they threw a lot to their check downs so much. Even so, I think we have some play makers on offense.

Toney made great plays against the third string, but we really don't know how well he can do against a real defense. The starting job is between Franks and Del Rio unless Allen has a great fall. Franks' accuracy needs to improve. He made some great throws and missed too many easy throws. This spring game didn't make me feel better about the QB position.

The defense looks like they'll be good to start the season, but I don't know if they have the depth to be good a full season. They can't afford any injuries.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A bit underwhelming, however...

Compared to last year, Franks looked significantly better. SOS mentioned he saw less vanilla D than when he was running the spring game, so I hope that's a real positive and not just PR.
So now our walkon defense was cheating bc they didn't run a base two or three high all the time?

BTW, 3 and 4 high were what every team ACTUALLY played against SOS bc they were so afraid of his vertical passing game. You'd be a buffoon to play that against our offense.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Toney was the big surprise in an otherwise ho-hum night scrimmage, but the crowd was there for a Friday night and they were pretty lively. Franks looks better than Trask - he has progressed since the last O&B but not sure Trask has gotten much better his reads are slower and he's not gonna have a lot of time behind our line. Franks looks the part - big and tall, stands in, steps up and fires. But Toney - he 's a baller that is a danger to score all by himself from anywhere on the field. Extends plays with his feet and can throw on the scramble, and is a wild man in the open field. NICE TO SEE

Trask looked better when he had the 1's around him. I missed most of the first half so there is that.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
So now our walkon defense was cheating bc they didn't run a base two or three high all the time?

BTW, 3 and 4 high were what every team ACTUALLY played against SOS bc they were so afraid of his vertical passing game. You'd be a buffoon to play that against our offense.

What's your point? SOS was giving some positive observations while visiting the booth and I merely paraphrased what he said. He may have been putting a positive spin on it, but that's basically what he pointed out.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Franks or Toney should be the starter in Dallas with the other being #2.

So, that will mean that LDR starts in Dallas and Trask will be #2.

Sproles is better than Trask. Trask wouldn't be starter at any of those good D-3 programs in Texas.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Franks needs another year at least.

That other guy is and always has been a clipboard holder.
The coaches did their best to hide Franks weakness. I see him as being a decent back up though.
Before anyone says yeah but Toney was just mopping up, they need to rewatch as most of the #1 defense was in on at least 2 of his series....I'd invest my time and resources in Toney at this point but I doubt Butternuss feels the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.