Who do you think was MVP of the O&B Debut?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The height thing is comical. The NFL makes players stand barefooted w/ their heels touching and toes pointed outward (like a V shape).
I think the barefoot vs shoes accounts for the difference you typically see between listed and combine height.

Do you think pointing their toes outward makes a difference?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think the barefoot vs shoes accounts for the difference you typically see between listed and combine height.

Do you think pointing their toes outward makes a difference?

Bernie, absolutely the V stance does. Try it. It's very awkward. Stand w/ your back to a wall and try it. You literally feel yourself shrink.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
A walkon LB forced to play DT versus our first team OL should be thrown around like a ragdoll.

RJ Raymond is listed at 6'2 248lbs. He did an admirable job playing DT most of the game. Hell, if he could put on 35lbs by this fall he could get in the rotation! Or our OL is in worse shape than we thought (I suspect the latter).

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can't find any other sites that say what his height was measured at the combine. There are some articles from a couple of years ago worrying about manziel's height that say that grossman and Vick were the only QBs less than 6' taken in the first round in the past couple of decades.

Like you and crete, I have also stood next to Grossman in person, most recently a couple of years ago at the airport in DC. There is no way in hell that he is 6 feet tall.

Would you say he was taller than Leak?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can't find any other sites that say what his height was measured at the combine. There are some articles from a couple of years ago worrying about manziel's height that say that grossman and Vick were the only QBs less than 6' taken in the first round in the past couple of decades.

Like you and crete, I have also stood next to Grossman in person, most recently a couple of years ago at the airport in DC. There is no way in hell that he is 6 feet tall.

Joey Harrington, Vick, Grossman and Manziel are the only quarterback 6'1" and below taken in the 1st round in 20 years.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE="Bernardo de la Paz, post: 495520, member: 103"

Do you think pointing their toes outward makes a difference?[/QUOTE]

It's supposed to, and I'm sure there is a reason... Just like you can be half an inch to an inch taller if you measure yourself in the morning as opposed to the end of the day.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I met them both, I think Leak was shorter, but I also saw Leak more recently than Grossman (by almost a decade)
Grossman was always thicker. He had a borderline beer gut even back in the day.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's supposed to, and I'm sure there is a reason... Just like you can be half an inch to an inch taller if you measure yourself in the morning as opposed to the end of the day.
Its harder to lift your heels and add some height that way.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Wow this thread really got off track. Weren't we talking about MVP of the spring game? I have literally seen a handful of posts about MVP. Most have gone off on a tangent here.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I'm surprised the Redskins never gave Grossman Billy Kilmer's number...the resemblance is striking...
quarterback-billy-kilmer-of-the-washington-redskins-drops-back-to-picture-id106826780

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
MVP = fans who made it all the way through that debacle. That's hard work and dedication right there.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
That's funny because I've stood right next to Rex and being 6' 3" myself can tell you he probably wasn't quite 6'...But I'm sure ALL ROSTERS ARE 100% ACCURATE, right??? How tall was Manzel? How tall is Drew Brees? How tall was Doug Flutie? Or hundreds of successful QB's, particularly in CFB? Toney is 5'11' he's not 5'7" or 5' 8" but I think we all know your real problem with him isn't his height.....is it?
Not even going to dignify that with a response.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wow this thread really got off track. Weren't we talking about MVP of the spring game? I have literally seen a handful of posts about MVP. Most have gone off on a tangent here.

I'm going with RJ Raymond. A walk-on, 248lb LB forced to play 50 snaps as a D-tackle vs. the #1 OL. Pretty impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.