Will Grier loses appeal

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Something is off with Mr Grier IMO - this may be cool to us gator fans - but reeks of entitled jerk to outsider observers. He's a high school football coach with a son nationally embarrassed and severely suspended for breaking a well known rule and he goes globe trotting around while sticking a middle finger up to the NCAA with this image. Wish he would act humble and stay out of the limelight.

How does this possibly help Will?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This times 1000. His father is hurting his image even among Gator fans. Reminds me a little of Rex Grossman's father.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You did that wrong. Meow tighten up!
meow.gif

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Something is off with Mr Grier IMO - this may be cool to us gator fans - but reeks of entitled jerk to outsider observers. He's a high school football coach with a son nationally embarrassed and severely suspended for breaking a well known rule and he goes globe trotting around while sticking a middle finger up to the NCAA with this image. Wish he would act humble and stay out of the limelight.

How does this possibly help Will?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You got all that from this picture? All I got was that his step-mom is smoking hot and at least 3 people don't need to be in that picture. I guess you're "deeper" than I am.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
It's half time in the SECCG. We're down 14-0 to Bama. Treon is defending 2 horrible picks, "Nobody can throw on their defense!" as Will Grier walks into the locker room holding his release by the NCAA. Turns out they were so wrong and were very apologetic and he was cleared to play immediately. Will says, "I can!" Locker room erupts. Will leads the team to a 21-20 victory over Bama.

Need to add in the part where NCAA says we won the game at LSU, since we should have had WG. And, they go ahead and give us the NC as they don't want to risk his health in playing SECCG or in the CFP games. Those are also credited wins.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'm glad it's finally happening, Grier needs to get back with the team. Even if his appeal is denied, I feel like he might be able to help Treon out and all of the extra practice can't hurt for next year.

This is what struck me when I first saw a link to the conference call, as it indicated being reported by a paper near his home town in NC. The suspension, I thought, meant he could still practice but couldn't play in the games. As a point of chemistry and being respected by the team, I would have thought he'd keep on practicing - let alone the basic 'improve his game' even if it is taking second team snaps. If he's dropped out of school for the semester and is sitting on his ass at home, how well does that play for the NCAA review committee as "hey, I just want to play football, school is ....I want to play football".

F'n dumbass, him and his dad, if this is the case.

lrtx1

Dec 2, 2014
It was said by mac I believe that he was concentrating on his appeal process and not practicing with the team but, was still a part of the team.

I took that as the appeal process was the most important thing for his and the teams future.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone know why he hasn't practiced with the team?

If he can't practice till the suspension is up then he might as well transfer. No way he plays next year in the 7th game without practicing.

Seems odd.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Has it been confirmed he isn't practicing with the team?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Has it been confirmed he isn't practicing with the team?
I read an article about 3 weeks ago that confirmed he wasnt practicing with the team "at that time" which was when they were working on his appeal. Mac made a commment in a presser that said he was focusing on getting the appeal in. I seriously doubt that once he and the lawyers have done their part, that he wont be back practicing. Theres really no reason why he wouldnt be unless he either plans on leaving the school or just doesn't care that much; neither of which seem at all a possibility.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The t-shirts are secondary. What's obvious is coothoundery is genetic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator