Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gatordiddy;n307387 said:
Or ...

"I'd have to tighten up the other 3/4" ...and not have to end your sentence with a preposition.

Up which I would have to tighten the last 3/4. :kick:

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatordiddy;n307387 said:
Or ...

"I'd have to tighten up the other 3/4" ...and not have to end your sentence with a preposition.

That is the sort of thing up with which I will not put!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n307414 said:
That is the sort of thing up with which I will not put!

:exactly:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It sounds like they may be arguing that the banned substance was not on the ingredient list? Hard to say. I have trouble believing that it was a cleared supplement and they are not going to appeal the complete suspension and request immediate reinstatement. Doesn't add up to me. To only be asking to play at the beginning of 2016 tells me that they are really working some gray area.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n307470 said:
I smell a major lawsuit if the NCAA doesn't relent.

On what grounds? The rules are clearly stated, as is the punishment. He screwed up, but he's supposed to reap some financial benefit from it?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n307489 said:
I'm no fan of John Morgan but if there is anybody that has the legal eagles
You think John Morgan has legal eagles?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n307441 said:
It sounds like they may be arguing that the banned substance was not on the ingredient list? Hard to say. I have trouble believing that it was a cleared supplement and they are not going to appeal the complete suspension and request immediate reinstatement. Doesn't add up to me. To only be asking to play at the beginning of 2016 tells me that they are really working some gray area.

What a great observation. Nice one. 2+2 is not four here. Something is definitely off.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
TheDouglas78;n307294 said:
and four paychecks. How would you feel after loosing 1/4 of your annual salary?

4 games is a whole lot better than a full calendar year.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I believe Grier will win for many of the reasons mentioned. I assume that UF is working this covertly as well and the NCAA will ultimately back off

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
MJMGator;n307488 said:
On what grounds? The rules are clearly stated, as is the punishment. He screwed up, but he's supposed to reap some financial benefit from it?

Could he be suspended for buying a pack of smokes, or beer if he were 21? If his attorney's are smart they'll start talking about effects it could have on future draft status and such, and if the NCAA were smart they should reinstate him before USCe.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n307544 said:
Could he be suspended for buying a pack of smokes, or beer if he were 21? If his attorney's are smart they'll start talking about effects it could have on future draft status and such, and if the NCAA were smart they should reinstate him before USCe.
Cigs and beer aren't banned, perfomance enhancing substances that the NCAA tests athletes for. I really thought you were smarter than that.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
MJMGator;n307550 said:
perfomance enhancing substances that the NCAA tests athletes
cigs and beer are legal just like the substance that Grier bought off the shelf as a LEGAL adult. Is the NCAA above THE law? If so then they may be infringing on his legal rights as an adult to purchase LEGAL supplements.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n307560 said:
cigs and beer are legal just like the substance that Grier bought off the shelf as a LEGAL adult. Is the NCAA above THE law? If so then they may be infringing on his legal rights as an adult to purchase LEGAL supplements.
FFS...he can buy or use anything he wants. Doesn't mean he's not subject to the same rules every NCAA athlete is. He knew the rules, he broke em and he doesn't deserve to be rewarded for it.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
MJMGator;n307573 said:
FFS...he can buy or use anything he wants. Doesn't mean he's not subject to the same rules every NCAA athlete is. He knew the rules, he broke em and he doesn't deserve to be rewarded for it.

OK, maybe this will help persuade you.....We could have an awesome offense next year.....or an OK offense next year...;)
Actually I'm just throwing :kiffin: against the wall to see if it sticks. I'd like to see him come back if things are as we believe them to be, but if he really ****ed up then so be it. Just seems we always get screwed by sh!t that is 10x lesser than what is going on elsewhere.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n307593 said:
OK, maybe this will help persuade you.....We could have an awesome offense next year.....or an OK offense next year...;)
Actually I'm just throwing :kiffin: against the wall to see if it sticks. I'd like to see him come back if things are as we believe them to be, but if he really ****ed up then so be it. Just seems we always get screwed by sh!t that is 10x lesser than what is going on elsewhere.

Persuade me to what exactly? You said he should sue the NCAA and I asked on what grounds. Then you started talking about cigarettes and wine coolers or some sh*t. I hope he can get the suspension reduced, but I seriously doubt it happens. He certainly doesn't have a lawsuit against the NCAA...possibly against GNC, but I think that's a BS story.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
One point seems dodged = Grier had nothing in his system that enhanced his performance. He had something that
triggers a positive test. A strong cup of coffee would enhance his performance more.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
threatmatrix;n307622 said:
We always get screwed because we always rollover and let the NCAA do what they want. If you throw enough legal obfuscation at the NCAA they can be made to back down.

It damned sure seems that way. I'd like to know just how many "banned substances" on their list are actually sold over the counter?
The only thing that makes me wonder though is why hasn't the substance been mentioned? Is UF and the Lawyers trying to do some sort of damage control?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.