Will Grier loses appeal

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So, like I said, a bunch of people who don't really know any DETAILS but are happy enough to pronounce sentence from the comfort of the internet. Pathetic.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n307855 said:
So, like I said, a bunch of people who don't really know any DETAILS but are happy enough to pronounce sentence from the comfort of the internet. Pathetic.

What details do you need? He failed the test (twice), was suspended and then admitted what he'd done in a press conference. What case in the history of the NCAA leads you to believe they'll show some heart and reduce the suspension? We're not pronouncing sentence...that's already been done. We're just voicing our opinions on the matter. Isn't that what this place is for?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n307791 said:
Not sure what you mean. I was agreeing with you and gave you a compliment. And this is your response?

my bad, thought you were being sarcastic and an ass. guess i was the ass, sorry

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n307855 said:

The details that I said, were what came out of Grier's mouth at the press conference.. So the person who is being pathetic is whom? The NCAA does have a history of standing by their year long suspension for PEDs regardless of the reason for the use. Now if we were talking recreational drugs, there is recent history of the NCAA reducing and at times eliminating them. What Details do you need?

Did Grier Admit to buying and taking an OTC supplement? Yes
Did Grier Admit to not having it checked by the medical staff? Yes
Did Grier Admit to failing a drug test? Yes

Which of those details are not publicly known?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n307823 said:
C'mon yall, there's a reason the university and his folks wont come out and say it, and why he was so embarrased, and why he didnt check with the staff about it. He was taking freaking d*ck pills to keep up with all that poontang he was slaying! You think he wants to go to one of the trainers and say, "hey doc, is it cool if i take this extenze? I got 3 chics to service tonight and need a little boost!"

:lol:

Im mostly joking, but if I was forced at gunpoint to state what he took, I'd go with the d*ck pills. It just makes too much sense.

I wonder why he didn't just take some Oriental ginseng?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n307872 said:
The details that I said, were what came out of Grier's mouth at the press conference.. So the person who is being pathetic is whom? The NCAA does have a history of standing by their year long suspension for PEDs regardless of the reason for the use. Now if we were talking recreational drugs, there is recent history of the NCAA reducing and at times eliminating them. What Details do you need?

Did Grier Admit to buying and taking an OTC supplement? Yes
Did Grier Admit to not having it checked by the medical staff? Yes
Did Grier Admit to failing a drug test? Yes

Which of those details are not publicly known?

Only on the internet would anything posted above be considered "details." What those are are generalizations. Huge difference. Admit it,..you don't know what the substance was, when it was taken, what the label said, etc. Any one of those things or a combination of those things or other details could certainly have some grounds for appeal. Maybe not an immediate return of course but perhaps a reduction to this season only. You simply DO NOT KNOW any details, only a general idea of what was done. To sit here and proclaim that there is no grounds for appeal, knowing as little as you know, is quite frankly ludicrous. That is my internet message board opinion.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n307870 said:
my bad, thought you were being sarcastic and an ass. guess i was the ass, sorry

Nope. I thought you made an amazing observation. If Grier really wasn't in the wrong, why not ask for immediate reinstatement? You hate to say this is all a big waste of time but it seems like he's got a snowball's chance in hell at even the reduction.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n307893 said:
Only on the internet would anything posted above be considered "details." What those are are generalizations. Huge difference. Admit it,..you don't know what the substance was, when it was taken, what the label said, etc. Any one of those things or a combination of those things or other details could certainly have some grounds for appeal. Maybe not an immediate return of course but perhaps a reduction to this season only. You simply DO NOT KNOW any details, only a general idea of what was done. To sit here and proclaim that there is no grounds for appeal, knowing as little as you know, is quite frankly ludicrous. That is my internet message board opinion.

So the fact that he failed a drug test by having a banned substance is a generalization? Where did you get that logic?
The fact that he claims to taken at OTC he didn't have checked is a generalization? Really?

The NCAA won't care what the label said, if he didn't have it approved by the medical staff which is what he admitted to not doing. Or him not checking with the medical staff is a generalization as well?

I don't know what the substance was? True
When it was taken? Doesn't matter if it came up on the drug test. Doesn't matter at all. The suspension is starting when the Test B was finalized
What the label said? Hard defense when he didn't get it verified by the med staff
Or other details? Like Muschamp forcing it down his throat? No he admitted to taking the stuff willingly

The general idea? Seems not that general... General would be he walked into a wal mart and ate something. Should we suspend him.

But I like how you give him no accountability for doing his due diligence which would have made a better case for him.

Here is some light reading that might help you understand other's positions on the matter, seeing how the NCAA "handles" these things.

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Drug Testing Program for 2015 FINAL.pdf

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I never said he has no accountability, I just find it amazing that you can claim to know there are no grounds for appeal while basically knowing nothing other than general facts of the case. Thats all. Are you going to publicly tell everybody here how wrong you are if he wins and starts game one next season? I doubt it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n307905 said:
I never said he has no accountability, I just find it amazing that you can claim to know there are no grounds for appeal while basically knowing nothing other than general facts of the case. Thats all. Are you going to publicly tell everybody here how wrong you are if he wins and starts game one next season? I doubt it.

Are you going to publicly admit when you go back through my posts when I have posted on other the other thread, I think that due to public pressure he would be starting at the beginning on next year. And have stated in this very thread you are responding to he might get it reduced.

Why don't you just reply with your admission of being wrong of my stance. Because all you had to do is go to the top of the page you are responding to initially to see that statement.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is your stance that he has no grounds for appeal? Yes or no?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n307907 said:
Is your stance that he has no grounds for appeal? Yes or no?

:doh: obviously reading through a page full of posts is much too difficult.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n307909 said:
:doh: obviously reading through a page full of posts is much too difficult.

Just answer the question.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You can't even bring yourself to type a one word answer to a simple question? Nice carpet dance. Its simple and I'll ask you again: Is it your stance that Will Grier has no grounds for appeal? Yes or no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator