Will Grier loses appeal

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n307619 said:
One point seems dodged = Grier had nothing in his system that enhanced his performance. He had something that
triggers a positive test. A strong cup of coffee would enhance his performance more.
I'm not aware they've released what he tested positive for. Are you?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n307628 said:
I'm not aware they've released what he tested positive for. Are you?

Perhaps that's one point of legal-rights contention. To so strongly punish someone, the test protocol has to be assured,
the ingredient isolated, the titer assayed i.e. drug dosage to be related to the magnitude of effect . The NCAA is
messing with young men's careers here.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n307498 said:
What a great observation. Nice one. 2+2 is not four here. Something is definitely off.

Well aren't you just the poster child for abortion

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
biggator6;n307504 said:
4 games is a whole lot better than a full calendar year.

A full calendar year where your scholarship and expenses are still paid. OR a 1/4 of the year where you are cut off from pay? The NFL and NCAA are two very different organizations, this comparison doesn't make sense without the full context of the argument.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n307639 said:
Well aren't you just the poster child for abortion

Not sure what you mean. I was agreeing with you and gave you a compliment. And this is your response?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Grier has ZERO grounds for a successful appeal.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;307798 said:
Says some dude with ZERO knowledge of the details.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
dubster1;n307802 said:
this thread is starting to deliver:popcorn:

I think winning has raised the testosterone level of the board lately, maybe Ox needs to come up with a list of banned substances for users of this board...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Are the negotiations? with the NCAA all (legal) paperwork or is there a presentation at a conference table ?
If a face-to-face, who sits there? = Grier, how many Morgans, Coach Mac, Foley etc?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
LagoonGator68;n307798 said:

Yea...thats why the university and several lawyers have backed him and put together an appeal. Im sure they are just as positive they wont win...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n307800 said:
All we know is what has been reported. From what I've read and his dad has said, he bought an OTC supplement at GNC that he took for several weeks and then stopped because it wasn't doing anything. This is what supposedly caused the failed test. He openly admitted he didn't get it cleared through the medical staff and should have. If all that is true, what exactly does are the grounds for his appeal? Stupidity? Negligence?
I hope he can get it reduced, but I can't see why the NCAA would even consider it if the above is true. The only way possible if the packaging did NOT contain the banned substance in the ingredients, but then he'd have to try and prove that's the only substance he took...which seems impossible to do. I'd put his chances at a successful appeal at slim to none.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n307803 said:
Ox needs to come up with a list of banned substances for users of this board...
just as long as its not jack daniels & coronas & wait for it..............:popcorn:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n307818 said:
just as long as its not jack daniels & coronas & wait for it..............:popcorn:

29720zima20bottle.jpg

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n307800 said:

Grier admitted to taking and OTC substance without getting it cleared through the UF medical staff. He might get it reduced, but by his own admission he put himself in this position.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
C'mon yall, there's a reason the university and his folks wont come out and say it, and why he was so embarrased, and why he didnt check with the staff about it. He was taking freaking d*ck pills to keep up with all that poontang he was slaying! You think he wants to go to one of the trainers and say, "hey doc, is it cool if i take this extenze? I got 3 chics to service tonight and need a little boost!"

:lol:

Im mostly joking, but if I was forced at gunpoint to state what he took, I'd go with the d*ck pills. It just makes too much sense.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
TheDouglas78;n307822 said:
Grier admitted to taking and OTC substance without getting it cleared through the UF medical staff. He might get it reduced, but by his own admission he put himself in this position.

NOBODY thinks he didnt put himself in this position. I dont think thats even a question.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n307826 said:
NOBODY thinks he didnt put himself in this position. I dont think thats even a question.

which in the end why he is suspended. If he had done due diligence (which is on him) he would have more of a grounds for an appeal. Right now the story is that he took something he shouldn't have (mistake or not) and it was a banded substance. The ruling isn't going to be reversed unless their is a technicality that they can exploit.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Has he won the appeal yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics