Will Grier suspended rest of season for taking PEDs

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
rumblings are its Sudafed.... I don't have a link other than to say I heard it from a guy whos in with the program in certain financial ways. a quick search only yielded Sudafed giving false positives for amphetamines, not sure if that is included in PED tests. again - this is no where near confirmed just a rumbling.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Cris Carter pointed out yesterday that pros only get 4 games for a first positive tests, NCAA kids (who shouldn't be as knowledgeable as pros) get a calendar year... and that's messed up.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n297190 said:
So, what are the chances he was snitched on? I agree with you on the weight gain as well.

Snitched on by whom? The NCAA for all intents and purposes just picks names out of a hat and sends the list to the school.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
heavychevy;n297246 said:
rumblings are its Sudafed.... I don't have a link other than to say I heard it from a guy whos in with the program in certain financial ways. a quick search only yielded Sudafed giving false positives for amphetamines, not sure if that is included in PED tests. again - this is no where near confirmed just a rumbling.

1178c63633d3b1f29eef76c2ed643adc5eb461dab0d9bb2e826d06a7b313e49d.jpg

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n297260 said:
Snitched on by whom? The NCAA for all intents and purposes just picks names out of a hat and sends the list to the school.

That's kinda my point. I'm not trying to say there's some big conspiracy but what are the chances we start out better than most expected this year and our starting QB gets randomly chosen from a hat? We all know the NCAA is a complete joke.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n297356 said:
That's kinda my point. I'm not trying to say there's some big conspiracy but what are the chances we start out better than most expected this year and our starting QB gets randomly chosen from a hat? We all know the NCAA is a complete joke.

I don't believe for a second Grier's testing was random.:headshake:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What is bothersome to me is everyone saying that he put on 40lbs in an offseason. He was here from January 2014. He had over 18 months to put on 40 or so lbs. So a little over 2 lbs a month. Is that really so outlandish considering a kid who is already growing and filling out. With the resources at UF, it's not impossible by any means. But the kicker is that 10 lbs or so were put on during his senior year. So these talking heads must've used his recruiting weight to come up with the 40 lbs, because he reported above above 180

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n297392 said:
What is bothersome to me is everyone saying that he put on 40lbs in an offseason. He was here from January 2014. He had over 18 months to put on 40 or so lbs. So a little over 2 lbs a month. Is that really so outlandish considering a kid who is already growing and filling out. With the resources at UF, it's not impossible by any means. But the kicker is that 10 lbs or so were put on during his senior year. So these talking heads must've used his recruiting weight to come up with the 40 lbs, because he reported above above 180
He didn't add 40 lbs. That was made up crap from tomahawk nation.

At most it was between 20-25

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
NavetG8r;n297359 said:

Did you see the video on Grier on another thread where they asked him about bulking up? Coincidence, I personally am dammed suspicious!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If testing for PEDs is limited to so few tests, it seems to me they would target the bulky guys -- not a still skinny QB.??

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Regarding the story about that former UGA lineman, a buddy I work with knows the family and situation. We were discussing it yesterday, this is what he said happened:

1. Kid had sports injury to shoulder area in HS; recieved a cortisone injection in back just below shoulder area to curtail inflammation. (I had the exact same shot in the exact same place for exact same reason 4 months ago due to wear and tear from triathlons)
2. Kid pops hot for "performance enhancing drugs" his freshman year at UGA.
3. Gets suspended for a year; details are cleared up about it and becomes well known it was innocent and Dr prescribed/performed.
4. NCAA gives no f*cks
5. Kid comes back sophomore year, retests, pops hot, suspended another year, swears he hasnt had anything.
6. More medical investigating happens and it is determined that he is still popping hot from initial injection; apparently some of the chemical remained in his fatty tissue and his body was neither absorbing it nor expelling it, leaving it alone to simply reside.
7. NCAA still gives no f*cks
8. According to my buddy this happened 3 straight years and finally after 3rd time NCAA decided to give exactly 1 tiny f*ck and let him play a few games before he was no longer eligeable.

In summary, ncaa is a joke and gives no f*cks for the kids they claim to care for.
I'd be shocked if they back off at all, they give no f*cks.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
rogdochar;n297432 said:
If testing for PEDs is limited to so few tests, it seems to me they would target the bulky guys -- not a still skinny QB.??

Did we check to see if any of the so called random selection committee members are grads of the team out west or the leghumpers by chance :giggle:

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
NavetG8r;n297359 said:

Well then wouldn't you think that they'd have also tested Morrison after all the amazement and bragging about how he recuperated faster than anyone expected?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n297435 said:
Regarding the story about that former UGA lineman, a buddy I work with knows the family and situation. We were discussing it yesterday, this is what he said happened:

1. Kid had sports injury to shoulder area in HS; recieved a cortisone injection in back just below shoulder area to curtail inflammation. (I had the exact same shot in the exact same place for exact same reason 4 months ago due to wear and tear from triathlons)
3. Gets suspended for a year; details are cleared up about it and becomes well known it was innocent and Dr prescribed/performed.
4. NCAA gives no f*cks
5. Kid comes back sophomore year, retests, pops hot, suspended another year, swears he hasnt had anything.
6. More medical investigating happens and it is determined that he is still popping hot from initial injection; apparently some of the chemical remained in his fatty tissue and his body was neither absorbing it nor expelling it, leaving it alone to simply reside.
8. According to my buddy this happened 3 straight years and finally after 3rd time NCAA decided to give exactly 1 tiny f*ck and let him play a few games before he was no longer eligeable.

In summary, ncaa is a joke and gives no f*cks for the kids they claim to care for.

Yes, this is guy I was referring to. Your version is exactly the same version I heard. Additionally, I actually read that they determined the cortisone deposited into fatty tissue. He's a freaking olineman. He underwent some lipo to remove some of the fatty tissue, and still failed the test. The NCAA agreed with the investigation, agreed with the explanation... but said there was nothing they could do. Insane.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n297447 said:
Yes, this is guy I was referring to. Your version is exactly the same version I heard. Additionally, I actually read that they determined the cortisone deposited into fatty tissue. He's a freaking olineman. He underwent some lipo to remove some of the fatty tissue, and still failed the test. The NCAA agreed with the investigation, agreed with the explanation... but said there was nothing they could do. Insane.

Really looking out for all of these student athletes... pathetic. Absolutely freakin pathetic.

Nothing "they" can do... "they" are the decision maker for #### sake!

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
What I don't get is all of these talking hats, that are around programs all the time and can see the training results, act like the weight (which is being wrongly reported) is something that is impossible to do. I put on 15 pounds of muscle in 3 months before my wedding using a schmuck salary and P90X. Blood in the water and the sharks will feed whatever they can for a headline. As for the quote about possibly being sudafed causing a false positive. While that is completely possible, I seriously doubt that was the case, however with how outdated most of the NCAA stuff is it wouldn't surprise me. Danny Kanell was on the radio talking about how he could never take medicine when he was sick because the trainers were scared he would test positive. Whether it is something fluky like this, he bought something from GNC, or he went back alley shopping he knew better and deserves to sit a little.

That being said the NCAA really needs to revisit those rules. Chances are these were written during the 80's when schools had steroid factories and haven't been changed since because common sense doesn't apply to the NCAA. They probably played the scene from Johnny B Good on his recruiting trip before handing down the punishment saying that must have been what happened. 365 days for this is a little harsh and shouldn't be longer than the remainder of the season. They need to really step in and take a clear look at things rather than lumping everything together as one. If he is telling the truth this is like them considering a free sandwich and 100K the same thing.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n297435 said:

4. NCAA gives no f*cks

If true, its sounds just like an organization that would also suspend a kid because of proceeds from a bake sale.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n297459 said:
If true, its sounds just like an organization that would also suspend a kid because of proceeds from a bake sale.

We actually talked about that too; the details of which are even more ridiculous. The bake sale was necessary so he had some money to actually travel to check out a couple schools. Why did he have no money or vehicle you ask? Because the kid was frickin homeless living on someones couch. Heaven forbid a couple nice ladies help a homeless kid raise a few bucks so he can visit a college that has offered him a scholarship.

F the ncaa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.