Yah.... but......thread

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was really surprised by the ranking of this class, BUT.............

HIRE SOME COACHES
Start recruiting tomorrow for 2108.
Is it too much to ask to go ahead and replace Nussy.
And for the love of God, show Nord the effin' Door.

If you ask t, Nord has wormed his way into the hearts of some.
:snicker:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He certainly has the level of talent he is capable of landing. He owns it now.

No excuses. Even though I know there will be a boatload

...and what some might call excuses, others might call perspective, context and reality.

I am not convinced that Mac is the long term solution for UF HC, but...
he has improved the on-field results and consistency over his predecessor.
he has improved his recruiting year over year.
he has been the catalyst to improve facilities.

Give him a break. Give us a break!

Why don't you give the board a day or two off? We don't need your constant negativity. Don't you have somewhere you'd like to visit? ...a friend? Take a trip. See the world. ...especially the parts with no internet connection.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
By Mac improving the recruiting it at least quiets things down on that front. He must show a big improvement with the offense this season as he 100% owns it now.

There are some who will never quiet down. :law:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Id Iike to start this post by saying congratulations to Mac for pulling things together at the end :clap:....... But I'm when you look at our rivals and how they cleaned up today you can't sit back and be satisfied. Am I happy we got into the top 10 absolutely but to know that our rivals were about to pick up a combined nine 5* players and a total of 27 player in the top 100 and we only pull 1 player in the top 100 that is so unacceptable it ain't funny.

FSU had 8 players ranked above our top commit, UGA had 7, LSU had 5 that's 20 players that ranked above our top commit that went to our rivals. We pulled 3 players that were top 10 at their position meanwhile our rivals UGA 11, FSU 12.

While I'm glad we got some decent players this cycles the recruiting has to step up in a big way cause our rivals are loading up on top talent while we continue to try and find diamonds in the rough.

Overall I'm pleased though for how it turned out compared to what it was a week ago.

Sobering post.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Good we finished in the top 10.....Bad, we got no 5 stars
Good we closed on some very solid LOS players.....Bad, being 3 and 4 stars they should have been locked down sooner
Good, it looks like a balanced class as far as the roster goes,.....Bad, I don't see any immediate offensive game changers
Good, we didn't get passed up by the UK's, Vandy's or Arky's.....Bad, we finished behind 3 teams that we play every season as well as our biggest rivals.....

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
We got some real talent on the DL but they are going to be young.

Our OC and ST still SUCK.
A TOP TEN CLASS...............AFTER ALL THAT day after day after day :alone::alone::alone::alone::alone: I believe there are a few in here that need to belly up to the table for a hearty meal of
-1x-1.jpg

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
As for winning the state of Fla in recruiting or any of the other nonsense (as we know now) you win the state of fla by beating fsu and scum. That is it. When Mac got here fsu had all the marbles in their pocket. We were out talented at each position. Same with bama. Some stupid mofos think overFCKIN night that is gonna change...........well if you have an sos or Urban that is a possibility. But reality says we werent and we didnt. But tides are shifting things are changing............There aint no Shamus or Cook up there now. Gator fans are going to get behind these young guys and give them there support. That means support the whole team. Most people with any fckn sense knows we have won ten games each year with def., and smoke and mirrors (yes, Im counting ten this year with the dropped game).. We have a damned average QB either year we up to 11 or maybe 12. IT does not matter what your OC does , if he does not have a QB that canT execute said offense..................

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm extremely happy with the class. When you think about the crap offense, lack of existing facilities (and yes, they matter, even though they shouldn't), the late cycle extreme negative recruiting, late cycle negative momentum, and just weird shyt that happened, a top ten class is amazing. If not for Miami's crap, we probably don't take Stiner and possibly take Brown from OU. Maybe KLH is in the class. All things considered, we have a great class. Even the Donkey admits that some of the 3*s are good like Miller. Due to circumstances, we have several recruits who are underrated. Houston had an injury, Wilson had an injury a year ago, Miller is too short, Smith didn't really play LB until his Sr. year, etc. So I think we'll be pleasantly surprised by quite a few. We also got 3 DT's (I thought we needed at least 4) who appear to have good weight and size to play right away. They'll probably need to be brought along slower than we want, but they should be contributors.

Also, we saw that our defense won't be a disaster next year. Will we drop off? Yes. Off a cliff? No. We desperately need a QB. Someone steps up, we could have a real nice year this fall.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
We got Robinson! Yeah, but he'll probably be in a "boot" for many games. Lemons signed! Yeah, but will he actually qualify? We finished better than we thought! Yeah, but Nuss is still the OC.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we can't find a QB the ranking of our recruiting class is moot. At least when it comes to winning the SEC and beyond.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we can't find a QB the ranking of our recruiting class is moot. At least when it comes to winning the SEC and beyond.

This has been the problem for 7 years.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You mean like the same "truth" you have spewed for months that was wrong?

He's wrong on a consistent bases but can't stop defending himself. I think it's some type of disorder.

:pumper:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We were ranked 31st in recruiting. That's like finishing 7-6. So we finished Top 10 in recruiting. That's like being 11-3. Mac OWNED and DESTROYED NSD 2017 and the Haters and Complainers on these boards.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As for winning the state of Fla in recruiting or any of the other nonsense (as we know now) you win the state of fla by beating fsu and scum. That is it. When Mac got here fsu had all the marbles in their pocket. We were out talented at each position. Same with bama. Some stupid mofos think overFCKIN night that is gonna change...........well if you have an sos or Urban that is a possibility. But reality says we werent and we didnt. But tides are shifting things are changing............There aint no Shamus or Cook up there now. Gator fans are going to get behind these young guys and give them there support. That means support the whole team. Most people with any fckn sense knows we have won ten games each year with def., and smoke and mirrors (yes, Im counting ten this year with the dropped game).. We have a damned average QB either year we up to 11 or maybe 12. IT does not matter what your OC does , if he does not have a QB that canT execute said offense..................
they like being chained to the rock in the cave.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We had a good recruiting class compared to what it looked like a week ago and have some good talent on the roster, but can Mac do something with it? Also, despite us now having a seasoned O line, plus solid RB's and WR's, we still don't have a proven QB and the defense will be very young this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.