Your Top 3 Realistic Picks to Replace Butters

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bargain shop and you end up like UT and UF. We need to pay whatever buy-out is necessary, and make an offer a P5 winner can't refuse. I'm not up to snuff on all the names like you guys. I really only watch UF football. But there's gotta be a proven P5 coach out there who would come to UF in a heartbeat if the right conditions were met. Meet those conditions and stop this slow bleeding to death of our program once and for all. It's time for Stricklin to show us he's a real AD and not just Foley's puppet on a string.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
HTTP2MyLmdsaXRjaC5iei9pdGVtcy8yMDEyLTEyLTEzL25wY194MV9zcGlubmluZ193aGVlbF9fc3Bpbl9xdWFsaXR5MTBfbG9vcF8xMzU1NDI5NDkzLmdpZgloglog.gif

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I could get behind dana holgorson. Top 25 offense and defense. He's finally incorporated a power running game in his system. Not sure how good he recruits?
WVU's defense is currently ranked 106th in yards per game and 70th in points per game. He's never had a top 25 defense, and he'll never have a top 25 defense.

I'd give a body part for Chris Petersen, but he'd never leave the west coast. Plus I think he's got Washington built up to where he wants them now and he won't be leaving any time soon.

For up and comers, Brohm would be a fantastic choice, as would Fleck or Fuente, but all these guys just signed multiyear deals with P5 schools and have MASSIVE buyouts. Not sure we'd want to be paying mutiple buyouts on top of multiple buyouts on top of new coach salaries.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well if you made a buyout list and you did not think enough of the UF job to include UF, you better be a real slam dunk hire in my view. Now if you were from the west coast and your list was SoCal, UCLA, maybe UND and U of Wash, I guess I would understand that.

When you start including other SEC schools and don't have UF on your list, then you might well be the kind of guys that thinks limping into the SEC championship game and getting blown out is good enough. It is certainly a sign of how much stature you think of UF and the UF job have. Basically my view is that if you do not understand that UF is the best job in the SEC with maybe aTm as a close second, then you are not really smart or savvy enough for the UF job.
Would you please mind listing all the coaches out there with UF on their buyout exemption list?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I dismiss Frost because he is like McElwain a guy who does not have UF on his buyout exemption list. I am still unhappy UF was willing to consider someone with a buyout exemption list and did not put UF on that list.

Related to this is that Frost is on a path to UNL. UF does not want to be in the position of a stepping stone to anything but maybe the NFL.

University of North Louisiana? What is UNL?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Would you please mind listing all the coaches out there with UF on their buyout exemption list?

You are right it would be very interesting to see the buy exemption list for every coach out there. UF's AD can find that out. I hope that UF does not allow anyone to have such a list, as you are admitting there are jobs you would rather have than UF.

I would certainly view coaches differently who have the following buyout exemption lists:

A. UF, Ohio State, SoCal, UND, UTx
B. UAL, Auburn, Clemson, FSU, UNL

One list is of a really ambitious coach. The other is not.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You are right it would be very interesting to see the buy exemption list for every coach out there. UF's AD can find that out. I hope that UF does not allow anyone to have such a list, as you are admitting there are jobs you would rather have than UF.

I would certainly view coaches differently who have the following buyout exemption lists:

A. UF, Ohio State, SoCal, UND, UTx
B. UAL, Auburn, Clemson, FSU, UNL

One list is of a really ambitious coach. The other is not.

What about UAT and UNE? ....what are these rules for designation?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hire Swamp Donkey. He seems to have ALL the answers on everything and how to run an athletic department. We would NEVER lose a game under Swonky...
This is also a great idea. I could fvkk up for half the price of Butters or Chimp.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The first two have 10 win P5 seasons.
Ten wins doesn't mean dick with the two added directional schools on every schedule.

Ten wins today is eight wins from a few years ago.

Impress me with 12 wins, not ten. Or nine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator