150th Kentucky Derby

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
I think it's cool that today's train tracks are still the width of two horses' asses. I read it on the internet, so it's definitely true.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's cool that today's train tracks are still the width of two horses' asses. I read it on the internet, so it's definitely true.
Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Female race is called the Oaks. It’s for the fillies. :lol:

I’ve been twice to the infield and it’s more like a messy tailgate party and not at all the pomp and circumstance you see from the boxes.

Last year our BIL was part of the conglomerate that owned Mage. He was in the winners circle with them and got to go to Saratoga too. It was a wild ride for them. He gave me a rose pedal from the Derby wreath.
Saratoga, huh? Lemme guess, his horse naturally won.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I tell this story almost every year. My reasons will become clear when I finish.

I was in business with a very wealthy guy. I was just starting out. But he was dumb enough to make me a partner, although I was a partner in name only.

We were also very good friends, so he comes into work and several times tells me how excited his family is that they have a really good horse. Next he tells me they're going to run him in Derby. I roll my eyes thinking, my God visions of grandeur.

Well they do run him and they invite Ellen and I to the race. For some reason they're going to drive up. Now I'm thinking Ellen will spend money we don't have to get all gussied up for the race. And the trip up with them won't be bad but the return will be a bummer when he loses. So I politely decline.

Race day comes and we watch on TV. The horse wins. The horse's name is Affirmed. He goes on to win the triple crown in three of the most exciting horse races in history. We were not invited to the Preakness or the Belmont since I, the genius, declined the first offer. Ellen didn't speak to me for a week...maybe more.

So there you have it I turned down the opportunity to be with the Triple Crown winner in the owners box and I'm pretty sure in the winners circle.

And that's why I tell the story. The story of what might be the dumbest decision of my life.

Last edited:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I tell this story almost every year. My reasons will become clear when I finish.

I was in business with a very wealthy guy. I was just starting out. But he was dumb enough to make me a partner, although I was a partner in name only.

We were also very good friends, so he comes into work and several times tells me how excited his family is that they have a really good horse. Next he tells me they're going to run him in Derby. I roll my eyes thinking, my God visions of grandeur.

Well they do run him and they invite Ellen and I to the race. For some reason they're going to drive up. Now I'm thinking Ellen will spend money we don't have to get all gussied up for the race. And the trip up with them won't be bad but the return will be a bummer when he loses. So I politely decline.

Race day comes and we watch on TV. The horse wins. The horse's name is Affirmed. He goes on to win the triple crown in three of the most exciting horse races in history. We were not invited to the Preakness or the Belmont since I, the genius, declined the first offer. Ellen didn't speak to me for a week...maybe more.

So there you have it I turned down the opportunity to be with the Triple Crown winner in the owners box and I'm pretty sure in the winners circle.

And that's why I tell the story. The story of what might be the dumbest decision of my life.
That 70S Show Lol GIF by IFC

No disrespect, 46. I think I say it every year. :lol:

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
What color is that? I ask only because I'm a straight, white, male and only know ROY G BIV colors... and the "IV" part is already pushing the boundary.
Really don't know. The only scarf I've ever worn was a supremely manly while silk with a flight suit. Wrapped rakishly aroung the neck twice and secured with a devil may care single windsor knot. (Devil make hair for those keeping malapropism score cards.)

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Really don't know. The only scarf I've ever worn was a supremely manly while silk with a flight suit. Wrapped rakishly aroung the neck twice and secured with a devil may care single windsor knot. (Devil make hair for those keeping malapropism score cards.)
Did you ever get tiramisu on your ascot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator