1st Trip to William Brice

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure it's mixed in somewhere, but I didn't see it with a click glance, be prepared for a rooster crow noise to go off constantly. Can get annoying af

That along with that stupid techno song they blast constantly to get the inbred fanbase jacked up and jumping. I can hear it in my head, and I hate it.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I had a fine experience at Williams-Brice and it was a night game. The people were nice but the thing I most enjoyed besides the game were the little conclaves outside the stadium with live bands playing good music! It really added to a very good time!

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
So, Columbia as a whole sucks. Not much to do. The USC campus is nice and pretty with a typical area where there are bars. That area is called 5 points. To be honest, it really isn't that great either when you compare it to other college bar strips. Heck, even the strip bars in Columbia aren't that great.

BTW, I got kicked by Joey Ramone at a place called Rockafellas back in the late 80s. That was an awesome night. I was in the mosh pit, got picked up and thrown on stage at the feet of Joey. He kicked my ass off the stage by kicking me with his chuck taylors. Had a bruise for about a week. Awesome effing night I had. Went back a week later and saw Primus there. I miss Rockafellas and not even sure if it is still there.

But again...stay in Charleston and drive in for the game. Charleston has way more stuff to do and if you are looking for the college party atmosphere then let me tell you that the parties and girls that go to College of Charleston are way better than anything you will find in Columbia and USC campus.
If you had said he kicked you in the head that would explain a lot more.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
I was wondering how the fans were, I'm hoping because it's a night game that it starts out hostile. I'm looking for a good experience.

My goal is to hit up as many stadiums as I can in the future. I've been to so many games in the swamp but barely any away games or different stadiums.

Out of all the stadiums my dad and I have been to…

Best tailgating/game day atmosphere-LSU
Best manicured/landscaped stadium-Bama
Most cordial fans-UK and Arky tie
Easiest access from interstate/plenty of public parking—Arky
Best bar/restaurant strip-UT
Worst fans-UT
Stadium where you feel like the home team-Vandy

Hoping to get to College Station next year

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
After being at every Gator appearance at Williams-Brice since 1993 (yes for free with my connection), I will not be in attendance this season. It's not worth the effort at this point until changes are made.

Hey Dan, grab this rope you piece of human debris.

Hopefully the fans stay away en masse from the Samford game, a Swamp with only 20,000 in it may make someone take note.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Most cordial fans-UK
Youre out of your evermethin mind.

the weirdest thing is that trailer trash run around wearing FU Gators and Gator Hater etcetera all.whiskeyed up and screaming in everyones face, including women and child, or elderly probably more than anyone except FSU.... as if there are some kind of rival of ours.

well, even before Mullins.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Youre out of your evermethin mind.

the weirdest thing is that trailer trash run around wearing FU Gators and Gator Hater etcetera all.whiskeyed up and screaming in everyones face, including women and child, or elderly probably more than anyone except FSU.... as if there are some kind of rival of ours.

well, even before Mullins.

We must have attended different UK games and/or tailgated with different types...I have been twice to Commonwealth and never had a problem....UT fans voluntarily get in your grill and talk trash

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
I have been to Gator road games at 10 of the 13 current possibilities, ug, atm & mizzuu are the three I have not been too.

The most boisterous were LSU, but I received some level of heckling nearly everywhere.

We had a good tailgate experience with some folks at south Cackalacky in our one visit.

This reminds me, I need to go pee on the grave of that grinch that cheated me out of ug tickets in 1995.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We must have attended different UK games and/or tailgated with different types...I have been twice to Commonwealth and never had a problem....UT fans voluntarily get in your grill and talk trash
Ive been there numerous times since the mid 90s. It's certainly gotten worse since 98 or so. I guess they didn't like us winning in basketball and think that makes us a "rival". Even around 2001-2003 the "Gator Hater" shirts were everywhere and the rednecks were rednecks.

This year was the worst, but Dan Mullinz makes every team think they have a chance and are on our level I suppose. I was sitting in the bull section thanks to a friend. Perhaps they sent their elite meth heads to screw with us. I was sitting with mostly the old dudes with RVs so they werent loud at all.

If there was a UF student section, I didn't see it. There was a surprising amount of orange though.

Im sure UT is worse though. Everything about tinerc is at least mildly retarded. No offense @BNAG8R

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Ive been there numerous times since the mid 90s. It's certainly gotten worse since 98 or so. I guess they didn't like us winning in basketball and think that makes us a "rival". Even around 2001-2003 the "Gator Hater" shirts were everywhere and the rednecks were rednecks.

This year was the worst, but Dan Mullinz makes every team think they have a chance and are on our level I suppose. I was sitting in the bull section thanks to a friend. Perhaps they sent their elite meth heads to screw with us. I was sitting with mostly the old dudes with RVs so they werent loud at all.

If there was a UF student section, I didn't see it. There was a surprising amount of orange though.

Im sure UT is worse though. Everything about tinerc is at least mildly retarded. No offense @BNAG8R

That is a good point....after 2006, they are probably more bitter now because they feel we infringed on their basketball kingdom
..gotta love it!

I went back in 07 when UK had Andre Woodson and maybe Randall Cobb? It was a high scoring affair that we won by 7 or 8 if I recall...then I went in 17 when we scored at the very end and UK missed a long FG try...

What's your favorite away stadium?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Never been to the stadium, but back when I was flying charter I took some guys to the Masters and the nearest place for us lowly servants to stay was Columbia. I enjoyed it. Played some good golf courses nearby and had plenty of fun at the local watering holes. I kinda liked the brick buildings and small town vibe there.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Probably LSU. I love partying with Corndwag ladies.

I can see that! I went back in 2019 when it was a top 10 night game and you won't find a louder atmosphere or better tailgating food.....had an LSU fan across the aisle from me offer me a mini whiskey bottle....good times!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can see that! I went back in 2019 when it was a top 10 night game and you won't find a louder atmosphere or better tailgating food.....had an LSU fan across the aisle from me offer me a mini whiskey bottle....good times!
pssst.... party with the tigresses. They are even more hospitable. They will put some cajun juju on you.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I have been to Gator road games at 10 of the 13 current possibilities, ug, atm & mizzuu are the three I have not been too.

The most boisterous were LSU, but I received some level of heckling nearly everywhere.

We had a good tailgate experience with some folks at south Cackalacky in our one visit.

This reminds me, I need to go pee on the grave of that grinch that cheated me out of ug tickets in 1995.

All I really remember of this stadium and their fans is on our way walking in their fans at various tailgates would break into the "tomahawk chop" and fsu chant to us. It was their embarrassing way of saying, "we won't beat you, but we know who will in a few weeks". Maybe the weakest garbage I've ever seen. Happened in both '95 and '99. I skipped the '97 game but my parents said they did it then too.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
All I really remember of this stadium and their fans is on our way walking in their fans at various tailgates would break into the "tomahawk chop" and fsu chant to us. It was their embarrassing way of saying, "we won't beat you, but we know who will in a few weeks". Maybe the weakest garbage I've ever seen. Happened in both '95 and '99. I skipped the '97 game but my parents said they did it then too.

The kawks game I attended was the year Spurrier bailed out during the season, so neither team had high expectations.

The folks I tailgated with were not Sou'Ca'lina natives, they were yankee transplants.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The kawks game I attended was the year Spurrier bailed out during the season, so neither team had high expectations.

The folks I tailgated with were not Sou'Ca'lina natives, they were yankee transplants.

I never took the time to ask where these toolbags were from. Again, it was rampant all over the fairgrounds. I was too busy pitying them, particularly the young ladies with hopes of bearing children as I knew there would be no way any of these men would be able to get it up and perform later after that emasculating display. It's always the kids that suffer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.