2 more days of early signing - any possibility of more?

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I believe Swartz is just another Capel. He sure didn't turn any heads at the opening.
Now if we could get Jamar Chase back in that would be a game changer but I think that ship has sailed. Copeland is also a take him or leave him for me.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im not really worried at all about WRs. Give me OL, DT and ILBs and fast.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
4 Star WR Tommy Bush love it. And 2019 5 star running back Noah Cane said something along the lines that it’s a huge deal having a qb like that and that he wouldn’t mind playing with Jones. Jaleel Mccrae said he’s a national champion type qb. Don’t want to say too much because it’s from Stampini and I don’t want to copy anything, but lots of praise from 2019 recruits and such.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I believe Swartz is just another Capel. He sure didn't turn any heads at the opening.
Now if we could get Jamar Chase back in that would be a game changer but I think that ship has sailed. Copeland is also a take him or leave him for me.
Chase is definitely a human highlight reel. I think Swartz needs work learning the position, but he is explosive. Some of the stuff I've seen with him on reverses and screens remind me of how Percy could put a foot in the ground and change direction, seemingly losing no momentum at all.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not a recruit but I read, in another thread here that Trevon Grimes is unhappy at OSU. Apparently, Jones is recruiting him. He was a 5* WR at St. Thomas Aquinas

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
4 Star WR Tommy Bush love it. And 2019 5 star running back Noah Cane said something along the lines that it’s a huge deal having a qb like that and that he wouldn’t mind playing with Jones. Jaleel Mccrae said he’s a national champion type qb. Don’t want to say too much because it’s from Stampini and I don’t want to copy anything, but lots of praise from 2019 recruits and such.
It would be nice to get Bush and keep him away from the leghumpers. I love tall outside WRs.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Has Bush not signed yet?
Nope. Seems like he’s playing it out. Visited Georgia the 15th, got his offer from Florida on the 13th, Mississippi State offered in February. So there’s a little history here. Hopefully we can push for him since WR is a huge need

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Im not really worried at all about WRs. Give me OL, DT and ILBs and fast.

I agree. We've got some skills talent that we can sprinkle throughout the team, regardless of whatever gameplay we run. But we are ridiculously depleted and/or weak on both lines, and in LB corps. We need to stock those three areas with as much talent and depth as we can possibly find. If we can be solid and at least two deep in those spots, we can be competitive and a threat to win against any team we play. I want Mullen to become best friends with whichever elite OL, DL, and LB recruits are left, and get those boys signed in Feb.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I agree. We've got some skills talent that we can sprinkle throughout the team, regardless of whatever gameplay we run. But we are ridiculously depleted and/or weak on both lines, and in LB corps. We need to stock those three areas with as much talent and depth as we can possibly find. If we can be solid and at least two deep in those spots, we can be competitive and a threat to win against any team we play. I want Mullen to become best friends with whichever elite OL, DL, and LB recruits are left, and get those boys signed in Feb.

I'm not so much concerned about getting a few more OL's this class (we have a couple in Barnes & NPF that are a possibility, and Montilus - along w/ a few others we're after). The problem is the D-line. We're starting from scratch, and a lot of the good ones just signed yesterday. I'm sure there's some Plan B's out there we can land, but it sure would be nice to pull in a 4-star to go along w/ the Plan B (or two). Also, the JUCO's just signed yesterday as well....and we weren't in on any DL or LB.

Hopefully we get the two credit card LB's back and can land at least one more in this class. But right now, DL recruiting needs the biggest kick-start.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle & t-gator, thank you for your kind comments. I really enjoy this board and appreciate that you guys let me post. I actually wanted to go the UF, however, in the 50's my parents thought there were too many males @ UF and they wanted me to go to FSU which was the last place I wanted to go to. Thus, ended up at Miami and my late husband was on a football scholarship with the 'Canes. So, I ended up a 'Cane.
Turned down FSU. Can't be all bad!

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I hope we can get 300+ lb DT that can be trained into shape and not settle for a smaller one who will struggle with the extra weight out of proportion to his frame. a 6'3''+ LB would be nice too.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Does anyone know how many Scholarships UF has to give this year?

Saw on another site that felt we’d sign 22-23 this year. Their reasoning was the 19 class is really strong and DM wouldn’t reach for kids and instead hold those spots til next year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Saw on another site that felt we’d sign 22-23 this year. Their reasoning was the 19 class is really strong and DM wouldn’t reach for kids and instead hold those spots til next year.
I don't believe that at all. we have 9 early entrants, and I think 7 of them can count back. we can take up to 32. the numbers are tough to figure out because there is two different rules and the university doesnt broadcast how they label kids.

the number will probably be closer to 27 or 28. I think there's a limit to the number of count back (ten comes to mind) yoy can have so it's not like we can just save all the scholarships for next year... but that is just a wisp of a memory and i cant find it in a quick google search.

Last edited:

Karl Sheppard

Sep 17, 2016
I don't believe that at all. we have 9 early entrance and I think 7 of them can count back. we can take up to 32. the number will probably be closer to 27 or 28. I think there's a limit to the number of count back she can have so it's not like we can just save the scholarships for next year.

Thanks!

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
I hope we can get 300+ lb DT that can be trained into shape and not settle for a smaller one who will struggle with the extra weight out of proportion to his frame. a 6'3''+ LB would be nice too.

We're the favorite for JUCO DT Noah Jefferson who is 6'6 330, would give us the size and experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.