2 UF Administrators lose jobs over "Poor Judgement"

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like one giant pissing contest. Huntley is a bulldog. You have to believe that there are skeletons in everyone's closet here. I'm sure there will be fallout on both sides.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Throw away a cushy state job for a few minutes of jolly time? Idiot.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
"His support for Keith is financial as well — her pay is now $386,000 a year plus perks, including a $9,000 annual car allowance."

That is an absurd amount of money for a govt lawyer, especially one whose resume says "I've been a govt lawyer my whole career." I don't think the White House counsel makes that. (Edit: WHC made 172k under Obama.)

I love how our AD and UF admin are tightwads with respect to everything BUT THEMSELVES.

Last edited:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Johnson filed a complaint with UF’s Office of Internal Audit that contains information from public records that were provided to him. The documents include criticism of Keith’s legal abilities and management style and the hiring of a consultant to work with her to address the criticism.

Ironically, the UF audit office started a case on Keith in response to a November 2015 anonymous letter to the UF Board of Trustees critical of Keith that was signed “Concerned employees of the General Counsel” and to a February 2016 anonymous complaint to UF’s Ethics and Compliance Hotline that also was critical of Keith.

However, top UF leaders, including President Kent Fuchs, Chief of Staff Win Phillips and Chief Operating Officer Charles Lane, opted instead to hire consultant Herschel Kahn, a “colleague” of Trustee David Thomas, to coach Keith.

Lane, in an email with the subject heading “Anonymous Letter and Anonymous Hotline Call,” asked UF’s chief auditor, Brian Mikell, to “take appropriate steps to close out this case” based on the hiring of Kahn.

Keith had a role in writing Kahn’s retainer to meet with her and help develop a survey of her staff. Most of the responses were negative toward Keith.
You know as well as I that Fuchs, (that dude needs to change his name) is involved in this intrigue up to his eyebrows. It's a real soap opera.

Last edited:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
"His support for Keith is financial as well — her pay is now $386,000 a year plus perks, including a $9,000 annual car allowance."

That is an absurd amount of money for a govt lawyer, especially one whose resume says "I've been a govt lawyer my whole career." I don't think the White House counsel makes that. (Edit: WHC made 172k under Obama.)

I love how our AD and UF admin are tightwads with respect to everything BUT THEMSELVES.
That's good money. I should be one of those lawyers. I would have been a great lawyer:). My brother's a lawyer and he hates lawyers AND judges. Do you have a law degree, Law?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's good money. I should be one of those lawyers. I would have been a great lawyer:). My brother's a lawyer and he hates lawyers AND judges. Do you have a law degree, Law?
Yup. From a lil joint called University of Florida.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator