2014 World Cup Thread

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
heversle;n3181 said:
Ivory Coast is probably the most talented African nation in the tournament (we'll see how Ghana plays today). I'm not sure why Drogba didn't start either. Opposing teams must account for him when he's on the field whether he's creating scoring opportunities or not, which is an advantage in itself. The team obviously plays a lot better when he's in the mix. That being said, it's Yaya Toure's team now. At 6'3, he's an imposing figure in the midfield (relatively speaking) and many consider him to be one of the best midfielders in the world. If he has a great tournament, the Ivory Coast could be a dark horse team to win it all.

you racist son of a gun

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ha hahahaha! Portugal guys run into each other in the box on one of their few honest threats in this match. They're falling over themselves.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Great result as far as the American team is concerned. Now beat these f*ckers from Ghana!!!

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is encouraging, but I won't get overly excited. The US still needs to take care of business.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That the huge, but the US must settle down. It's a long game.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Altidore goes out with a strained hamstring, now Dempsey gets kicked in the nose and is bleeding. Thank God we got the early goal!

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
heversle;n3161 said:
The moment of truth is almost among us for the USMNT. But, first we get to see the other Group of Death heavyweights duke it out in just a few hours. I'm predicting a 3 - 1 victory by Germany over Portugal and a nail-biting 2 - 1 victory by the U.S. over Ghana. This should be a very exciting day of fútbol!
Ahem... :)

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Getting those 3 points is monumental. If we draw or better against Portugal and Germany beats Ghana, we're a lock for the final 16.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Badly needed those three points, but we'll need to be less careless with the passing moving forward. We need to be able to possess the ball regardless of whether or not we have the lead. Wouldn't necessarily say we are a lock if we tie Portugal. They definitely have the potential to close the 5 goal gap. I'm going with "should be in" with a tie.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
heversle;n3161 said:
The moment of truth is almost among us for the USMNT. But, first we get to see the other Group of Death heavyweights duke it out in just a few hours. I'm predicting a 3 - 1 victory by Germany over Portugal and a nail-biting 2 - 1 victory by the U.S. over Ghana. This should be a very exciting day of fútbol!

I bow down to excellence!

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
heversle;n3161 said:
You nailed it, tight work. Go USA!

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Picked up some injuries to irreplaceable guys during that run. Hopefully everyone is able to bounce back and be ready by Sunday. Even with Portugal's injuries and Pepe having to sit for the next match, I'm not sure if the US can beat them. I certainly don't think so after how sluggish they seemed after that early goal last night. Poor passing and they didn't seem to be on the same page for large portions of the match.

Maybe Ghana will just make everyone look like that. Maybe I'm not giving them enough credit here.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Even a blind pig finds an acorn ever once in a while. ;)

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n3905 said:
Picked up some injuries to irreplaceable guys during that run. Hopefully everyone is able to bounce back and be ready by Sunday. Even with Portugal's injuries and Pepe having to sit for the next match, I'm not sure if the US can beat them. I certainly don't think so after how sluggish they seemed after that early goal last night. Poor passing and they didn't seem to be on the same page for large portions of Maybe Ghana will just make everyone look like that. Maybe I'm not giving them enough credit here.
If Altidore is out for the rest of the cup, can we pull someone up to the roster to replace him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.