2015 offense numbers with Grier/without Grier

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We would have finished 11-1 with Grier. Still wouldn't have beaten Bammer though.

Selfish stupid mother****ing cocksucker.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One thing that Grier brought to the offense was the threat of a pass. No defense ever feared Treon so they stacked the line and dared us to pass.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
All I can say is that we are way better off at the QB situation this year than last year.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Anybody could see that the offense was better with Grier than Treon. Grier had the ability to get the ball out on time and hit open receivers. Treon did not have the ability to do that. Grier wasn't perfect, he had bad games and with a horrible OL it certainly did not help him, but with our defense I think we had a chance to win any game with Grier at QB.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Anybody could see that the offense was better with Grier than Treon. Grier had the ability to get the ball out on time and hit open receivers. Treon did not have the ability to do that. Grier wasn't perfect, he had bad games and with a horrible OL it certainly did not help him, but with our defense I think we had a chance to win any game with Grier at QB.

So we had a better offensive line in the second half of the season? Grier was better than Treon, but the walking MASH unit of our line the second half of the season is the story people keep overlooking.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The same offensive line that Kelvin Taylor managed get a1000 yards running behind em. We've been blaming the oline since Tebow and yet we've put quite a few linemen in the league. Let's call a spade a spade here. Brantley, driskel, brisset, Murphy and Treon all sucked balls. Of that group, I'd have to say Treon was the worst and he would suck playing behind bama's oline

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The same offensive line that Kelvin Taylor managed get a1000 yards running behind em. We've been blaming the oline since Tebow and yet we've put quite a few linemen in the league. Let's call a spade a spade here. Brantley, driskel, brisset, Murphy and Treon all sucked balls. Of that group, I'd have to say Treon was the worst and he would suck playing behind bama's oline

No one is saying Treon is good, but the difference in the 2014 line and the 2015 is obvious. We have had a number of questionable lines, but the line last year was by far the worst line we have had in possibly 30 years.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No one is saying Treon is good, but the difference in the 2014 line and the 2015 is obvious. We have had a number of questionable lines, but the line last year was by far the worst line we have had in possibly 30 years.
But teams weren't bringing pressure. Everyone was doing their best to keep Treon in the pocket and daring him to throw to the middle of the field. Its not like he had a guy in his face every time he dropped back.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But teams weren't bringing pressure. Everyone was doing their best to keep Treon in the pocket and daring him to throw to the middle of the field. Its not like he had a guy in his face every time he dropped back.

The point is T, if we had a guy like Grier he would have been better, but how much better could any quarterback be behind that line. Treon was functional last year (2014) in an offense better suited for his skill (should never line up a QB at UF again) and a much better line. But even if Grier was back there, there difference is other teams would have applied pressure and would have film on Grier to take away his immediate reads. A 210 pound safety leveled our starting weakside tackle. Think about that.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The point is T, if we had a guy like Grier he would have been better, but how much better could any quarterback be behind that line. Treon was functional last year (2014) in an offense better suited for his skill (should never line up a QB at UF again) and a much better line. But even if Grier was back there, there difference is other teams would have applied pressure and would have film on Grier to take away his immediate reads. A 210 pound safety leveled our starting weakside tackle. Think about that.
I understand the last part and you may be right about that but Treon wasnt functional in 2014.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I understand the last part and you may be right about that but Treon wasnt functional in 2014.

Functional isn't good T, we deserve better than functional... but he was functional for the offense we ran (which wasn't much of one).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why the hell would you bring pressure if a 1Aa team could threaten or sack our Qb with a three man rush? Team dropped back into coverage taking away the verticals and often played one or more robbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.