2015 Wide Receivers

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Since it's the only direction, I like the upside.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
CaribGator;n180017 said:
We will probably have at least 2 1000 yard receivers. Multiple games with with at least 6 different receivers having catches. Minds will be blown!

Are you talking about next year? I'd be shocked.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
t-gator;n180140 said:
Quinton Dunbar

Probably right although Dunbar got benched around that time of the season. Come to think of it I remember him stumbling a few times when he had a chance to score....he was also the one who tripped Matt Jones in the 2013 Arky game when Jones was running in a long TD.....Kinda sums up the Muschamp years I guess.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
One thing is for sure whoever is QB is going to have a lot of big targets to throw to. Fullwood, Magee,and Goolsby are all over 6'4" and I believe Stevens, Robinson and someone else are in the 6'2'-6'3" range. If we can get them coached up a bit we may be at least average throwing the ball this year.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n180083 said:
Are we sure about this? The last couple off-seasons all we heard was how the offense, and the recievers were making big plays in practice... against our super amazingly awesome dominant fantastic muschamp #1 defense in the history of the universe. And then the season started...

We dont know jack until they make plays in real games against real competition. Not saying they wont, just saying fall practice reports aren't worth the azzpaper hanging next to your sh*tter...
A passing attack is like anything else, it takes practice. You have to pass the ball if you expect someone to catch it. The only time the chump passed was on 3rd and long. IMO I can't believe the receivers at Florida are not and would not have been better had an innovative play caller been present, along with an innovative passing scheme, although JD was not know for accuracy.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed with many of you this subject. We have had some serious lack of coaching and playcalling. And its been with the HC, OC, and the position coach as WR!! We have some talented players there, no doubt. IF, we can get some coaching, develop these players, get some playcalling that will work, and a QB WHO CAN GET THEM THE BALL, there's a chance we see some vast improvement. I think Mac will attack this area just as he has given the attention to recruiting and other areas. He knows that our OL and WR's are a top priority. I am sure that he is on it. The only thing left to see is can Mac pull them out of this funk!

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
WobbleGator;n180285 said:
Thompson will end up being our best WR.
He'll be our best deep threat WR by the end of the season but not the best overall WR. Thompson has some serious wheels and I look forward to actually seeing him get on the field this year.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The numbers at WR are surprisingly good. We just don't know if there is a player that can consistently catch the ball. Robinson, who supposedly is our best WR, had several drops last year as did others.

FatCatG8r

Aug 10, 2014
Marianna said:
He'll be our best deep threat WR by the end of the season but not the best overall WR. Thompson has some serious wheels and I look forward to actually seeing him get on the field this year.

Knowing Wobble, he was probably joking that Deonte Thompson would be our best, not Chris, but I could be wrong. Does Deonte get a seventh year of eligibility?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FatCatG8r;n180334 said:
Knowing Wobble, he was probably joking that Deonte Thompson would be our best, not Chris, but I could be wrong. Does Deonte get a seventh year of eligibility?

No, I meant Chris. I was being serious about my prediction.

FatCatG8r

Aug 10, 2014
WobbleGator;n180340 said:
No, I meant Chris. I was being serious about my prediction.

It was just a mirthful :stickpoke:at you wobble. I knew you were talkin' 'bout the Hoggetown hot rod.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Signing 3rd and 4th tier WRs hasn't been working out too well for us.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
LagoonGator68;n180387 said:

Not sure we can really base anything off of the last 3-4 years. Its obvious that the last staff were unable to develop any offensive talent. I have a feeling we will be much improved this year even with the same talent level. Could be wrong but I doubt it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n180410 said:
Not sure we can really base anything off of the last 3-4 years. Its obvious that the last staff were unable to develop any offensive talent. I have a feeling we will be much improved this year even with the same talent level. Could be wrong but I doubt it.

That's the thoroughmost deduction GatorDan.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n180387 said:
Those were the only ones that gave us a serious look after the disaster on offense the past 4 years.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I know much ado has been made about our WR coach hiring, but won't Mac be pretty hands on with the receivers?

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
I think the WR coach has more to do with winning back the state in recruiting. Scum and Scumette (f$u) have been robbing most of the top talents. Coach Mac will get the talent he needs to get the offense rolling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator