2016 Class/Remaining Targets

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Yeah, its true. Forget competing nationally, we cant even compete in the state. There is no easy way to fix this. We are so far behind in almost every area, facilities, recruiting, asst coaches, current roster. Meyer was right. We are a broken program and this AD doesnt have what it takes to guide us back. Even if this AD wanted to get in the arms race, he diesnt know how.

Yea, the ashole wont build an indoor facility and he wont build player dorms and forget updating the odome. He just wont spend a dime to help us.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
yep. i'm already over his "we'll show up and do our best" crap. let coaches from schools like FAU talk that way. show up and ****ing kick people's asses.
Yeah I miss those days myself but we won't be seeing any of that soon. I know I'm going to get trashed for saying this but until Foley is gone this bullsh*t will continue.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Did you guys really think hiring Mac was going to right this ship? It was completely suspect from the start and while the first 10 games were a fun ride, it was all window dressing. I mean we were arguably the most successful program of the 2000s and we hired a coach from Colorado State. Sure the Muschamp hire sucked but at least he came from a Blue Blood program so the risk made some sense.

We hired a dorky white guy to recruit and coach (mostly) underprivileged black kids that spend a lot of their day tweeting emojis at each other. You think he can relate or get those guys excited to come be Gators? Sure maybe that model works for a Nick Saban but I don't really see this recruiting thing getting better for Mac over time.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Did you guys really think hiring Mac was going to right this ship? It was completely suspect from the start and while the first 10 games were a fun ride, it was all window dressing. I mean we were arguably the most successful program of the 2000s and we hired a coach from Colorado State. Sure the Muschamp hire sucked but at least he came from a Blue Blood program so the risk made some sense.

We hired a dorky white guy to recruit and coach (mostly) underprivileged black kids that spend a lot of their day tweeting emojis at each other. You think he can relate or get those guys excited to come be Gators? Sure maybe that model works for a Nick Saban but I don't really see this recruiting thing getting better for Mac over time.

Another candidate for the ignore list. This is a ridiculous post.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We missed out on a few key guys but overall Mac picked up some good talent. He is probably pretty happy.

You were screaming from everywhere that this was a top 5 class and you wanted us all to bet your dumb ass. This class isn't good enough. Say it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
#5 ranked class in SEC. oof.

This is not good enough. Anyone that is happy with this recruiting class does not understand the talent gap between us and the premier programs.

Pumpers gonna pump.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
If you think that's how he talks to his players/coaches then I don't know what to tell you.

i know damn well he doesn't speak to the guys that way when it's time for business. but i don't even want him serving it to the press like he did during the last few games of the season. until players get in his locker room or on his practice field, that is the face and attitude they'll see and if it gets followed up with the sort of beat downs we endured in the second portion of the season then no kid looking for elite ball would come away impressed.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

He wasn't a fashionable hire, that's true. But I think it's more about timing than anything else. As much as I'd prefer a head coach over a "tireless recruiter", the fact is we were already beaten down so low by the time Mac got here, we needed a really good sell job to convince kids that UF was a better place to be than the other state of FL or SEC programs. And Mac hasn't really shown the ability to do that. To me, if he had come in to UF at any other point over the past 35 years, this would all be moot and he'd be reeling in kids all over the place. It's just a tough mixture of a guy that maybe is a little too laid back in recruiting and a place that no longer sells itself.

The Meyer, Saban, Harbaugh, Fisher types are pretty rare in that they not only produce on the field, they also have these rock star personas that kids eat up. We have a guy that can produce during gameweek. Imo, he just needs to significantly upgrade the people around him, and fast.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
gonna have to get a guy at DB coach who is all that and a bag of chips for coaching and recruiting.

too late to dump collins and promote shannon to cover DC/LBs?

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
This is not good enough. Anyone that is happy with this recruiting class does not understand the talent gap between us and the premier programs.

Pumpers gonna pump.

now #6 sec class. barn leapfrogged us.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Yea, the ashole wont build an indoor facility and he wont build player dorms and forget updating the odome. He just wont spend a dime to help us.
I love whenever people talk out their ass without the least bit of knowledge on the situation. Did foley build an indoor practice facility? Yes he built one...after he was forced to! Guess what though, other programs had one year's before us and already are tearing them down to build new ones.

You mentioned dorms? We renovated some dorms that have been there for years which should of already been tore down and new ones put in their place. With all of our upgrades (which we went cheap on) Our facilities are sh*t compared to most of the power 5 schools! We need to spend $250 to $300 million just to catch up with everyone else and be able to call our program elite again. Down below is what's being built around the country RIGHT NOW while we do absolutely nothing!

Arkansas: $150 million in improvements to their stadium.

https://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/r...proval-for-full-design-of-stadium-renovation/

Auburn: $200 million in facility improvements.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/auburn-fundraising-facilities-upgrades/

And you know Bama is gonna come up with something after their 4th NC since 2009.

aTm just finished pumping $450 million into their facilities before last season.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/1...igger-than-texas-ams-field.html?referer=&_r=0

Ole Miss is pumping more than $125 million into theirs.

https://www.olemisssports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121514aab.html

The IPF and dorms were a good starting point.

The East Stands and South Endzone at BHG are in complete dilapidation and disrepair. That should be the next project.

But eventually a stand-alone 100,000+ square foot football-only facility is needed for our program.

Foley can no longer say "we won't get into an arms race." You're in one whether you like it or not. Your successor will be in one, and so will his successor.

Build baby, build!

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Not the best day but not a bad day either. I find it humorous that because we didnt pick up all we wanted that it cancels out the talent we did get. Yep, everyone we landed sucks big time.
Yeah, im with you on this... some here really need to cool off and step back from the ledge..

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
gonna have to get a guy at DB coach who is all that and a bag of chips for coaching and recruiting.

too late to dump collins and promote shannon to cover DC/LBs?
So, FAU or FIU this time? I forget who is next in the rotation.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, im with you on this... some here really need to cool off and step back from the ledge..
Oh good. The ole Muststank Coalitiion is back together again.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I hope these coaches finally figure out NEVER to trust recruits from IMG! They ALWAYS flip..

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I guess I just won't bother watching for the next few years until we get a decent staff in place.
:wobble:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.