Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Any word on shavar?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I seem to remember in years past that UF coaches often didn't recruit DT's out of high school and would instead recruit DE's that they thought could put on weight and transition to DT. It was thought that the overall speed of the defensive line would increase that way. I have no idea if that is what Mac is thinking or if it is just a failure to go after DT's.
A big problem here is that florida really isn't that loaded with DT talent this year...shavar is the best and we have him...for now at least

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:racist:

T you all of all people should know that Serenity Now thing doesn't work it only bottles up the anger, Serenity Now.............INSANITY LATER!
I'm cool man. Maybe you could use some of your uf contacts and get us some info. Or see if Gavin Dickey knows anything?

Ingle Martin

Nov 8, 2014
I'm cool man. Maybe you could use some of your uf contacts and get us some info. Or see if Gavin Dickey knows anything?

Funny you should mention that T, I actually just an email from G-Money and he sent me some pictures from a players - led practice in Tallahassee.

It looks like Shaver has indeed been flipped to the Clowns, has quickly picked up the playbook and embraced the culture.

clown-with-gun-520x245.jpg

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I seem to remember in years past that UF coaches often didn't recruit DT's out of high school and would instead recruit DE's that they thought could put on weight and transition to DT. It was thought that the overall speed of the defensive line would increase that way. I have no idea if that is what Mac is thinking or if it is just a failure to go after DT's.

I don't know if that is the plan or not, but they probably will have to do that out of necessity.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
auntie gets the last word.

he ain't coming. even if he wants to.

I know his aunt will be a big influence on where he goes; however, since his parents are still alive, I don't think she can stop him from attending UF since he has a parent that can sign the LOI. Plus, there's a number of possible reasons why she didn't attend the trip that have nothing to do with the speculation that she doesn't want him at UF.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Funny you should mention that T, I actually just an email from G-Money and he sent me some pictures from a players - led practice in Tallahassee.

It looks like Shaver has indeed been flipped to the Clowns, has quickly picked up the playbook and embraced the culture.

.... my neighbor's son works for the TPD and he says that looks like 90% of
their composite sketches.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I met Gerard one time. One of the biggest guys I've ever seen. Not tall. Just beastly.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Just saw that Cleveland announces at 8 am, Fulton at 11:45, Simpson at 12:30. We'll know pretty early what we're going to do NSD. #ChompChomp

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Also just saw this:

Florida: Farrell has Rivals100s Burns and Tyrie Cleveland predicted to choose the Gators. Regionally, Cleveland is predicted for Arkansas while Burns is predicted to Florida State

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, that's Meyer think before the WAC shine wore off. That's also why our defenses sucked against the run, especially in the later years once the Zook recruits were gone. He abandoned that by 2010 when we went after the big dudes again.

Most Saban based D's are designed for three real fire plug type DTs (call two of them DEs) who have two gap assignments and who keep the LBs clean. Besides, recruiting 210lb defensive ends and hoping to work them into a DT is silly. There is a pretty good chance they will never be big enough to be an SEC DE, ie Alex McCallister who is limited to passing downs because he's too weak vs. the run.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Some of the "LSU Writers" are starting to say that we have a great chance to land Fulton. I found that interesting as hell since they've been claiming he was an "LSU Lock" for months!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Some of the "LSU Writers" are starting to say that we have a great chance to land Fulton. I found that interesting as hell since they've been claiming he was an "LSU Lock" for months!

Simpson, Cleveland, Burns and Fulton? Oh what a day it would be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator