2017 Unit Rankings

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Screenshot_20170708-151434.png Athlon full of it on our RB's! We should easily be top 3 but i would put us at #2. Chubb/Michelle(yes i spelled it like that on purpose) are the 2 most overrated turds in CFB. What have them boys done lately to be up at #2? Nothing!

Btw...i hope they're wrong on the OL 2 because if not it's going to be another long season!

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess it's time OL, to free up our more than talented RBs, and shut this kind of nonsense down. Go Gators!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt we crack the top 5 in rushing offense after having the 14th ranked SEC rushing offense last season but I don't think Vandy has a better overall group of RBs than us.

I know they are ranking the units but does anyone think we will compare in passing to teams like A&M, Ole Miss and Auburn this season.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
does anyone think we will compare in passing to teams like A&M, Ole Miss and Auburn this season.

That depends on two things. Our OLine, and who starts at QB. If the OLine isn't much improved, then the offense won't be either. Same with the QB. Last year, even with completely crappy OLine blocking, receivers were getting open, but we just didn't have a QB that could get it to them accurately and on time. If somebody steps up and shows they understand Mac's offense, and can make the throws on time, and at a high accuracy %, say 60% or higher, then that could also change the offense in a dynamic way.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That depends on two things. Our OLine, and who starts at QB. If the OLine isn't much improved, then the offense won't be either. Same with the QB. Last year, even with completely crappy OLine blocking, receivers were getting open, but we just didn't have a QB that could get it to them accurately and on time. If somebody steps up and shows they understand Mac's offense, and can make the throws on time, and at a high accuracy %, say 60% or higher, then that could also change the offense in a dynamic way.

I can't wait for that Michigan game to get here. We are going to know real quick probably if its going to be the same as the last 7 years at QB.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can't wait for that Michigan game to get here. We are going to know real quick probably if its going to be the same as the last 7 years at QB.

If we don't game plan to "not lose". That's a fear of mine. We go into that game with a very conservative game plan to control the clock and try to beat them with defense. I think we lose in that scenario and really hope Mac doesn't entertain that idea. We need to go into that game with a plan to win, and win big. Let Franks, or whoever starts, run a keeper or two, kinda like they did with Appleby against SC early to make the defense respect that threat and open things up in both the pass game and the run game. Don't just run Toney or Zaire out there for the zone reads and broadcast it's a run because of the personnel switch. I hate that crap. Run the damn offense with your #1 QB and let him run all the plays. If he can't, he shouldn't be the starting QB imo.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How could you rank our OL or RBs after what we've witnessed the last several years? Take the blinders off guys. We suck until we prove otherwise.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
How could you rank our OL or RBs after what we've witnessed the last several years? Take the blinders off guys. We suck until we prove otherwise.

OL sure. RBs are a different story due to how pitiful our OL was. Scarlett/Perine is a very good 1/2 punch. Throw in a potential gamebreaker in Lemons and :dance:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
OL sure. RBs are a different story due to how pitiful our OL was. Scarlett/Perine is a very good 1/2 punch. Throw in a potential gamebreaker in Lemons and :dance:
Again, last in the league last year and you're bragging? :pumper:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Again, last in the league last year and you're bragging? :pumper:

Did you not see the stats from Scarlett breaking tackles at an unreal rate, or do you need me to post them again?

Seems like somebody doesn't understand the importance of a good, heck, serviceable OL for our running game :whistle:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Did you not see the stats from Scarlett breaking tackles at an unreal rate, or do you need me to post them again?

Seems like somebody doesn't understand the importance of a good, heck, serviceable OL for our running game :whistle:
Yeah, those broken tackles sure lit up the scoreboard. Stats like those are worthless. Our rushing attack sucked.
WORST
IN
THE
LEAGUE

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If we don't game plan to "not lose". That's a fear of mine. We go into that game with a very conservative game plan to control the clock and try to beat them with defense. I think we lose in that scenario and really hope Mac doesn't entertain that idea. We need to go into that game with a plan to win, and win big. Let Franks, or whoever starts, run a keeper or two, kinda like they did with Appleby against SC early to make the defense respect that threat and open things up in both the pass game and the run game. Don't just run Toney or Zaire out there for the zone reads and broadcast it's a run because of the personnel switch. I hate that crap. Run the damn offense with your #1 QB and let him run all the plays. If he can't, he shouldn't be the starting QB imo.

This is key!!!!!

We need to go into this game with nothing to lose. Throw everything at Hardbalz as possible. They are starting 21 new starters on this unit. Sure some of them have had playing time, but they've not had an opener in a long time playing a team that could be as dangerous as UF. Also, none of this conservative, take you foot off the gas BS. If this team goes into Dallas with the chip on its shoulder that they did at LSU they will be hard to beat. But we need solid (not stellar) QB play, Rely on Scarlett and Perrine, and play solid D. But Navet, you nailed it on what UF should do. I am hoping Mac can put it together.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, those broken tackles sure lit up the scoreboard. Stats like those are worthless. Our rushing attack sucked.
WORST
IN
THE
LEAGUE

Because we had the WORST OL IN THE LEAGUE. It's a basic concept of football.

For example: Did you happen to see how pitiful AP's rushing numbers were this past season prior to his injury? Wanna take a guess why? (Hint: look at their OL)

Bottom line is it doesn't matter how good of a RB you are, if your OL sucks you aren't going to produce.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Because we had the WORST OL IN THE LEAGUE. It's a basic concept of football.

For example: Did you happen to see how pitiful AP's rushing numbers were this past season prior to his injury? Wanna take a guess why? (Hint: look at their OL)

Bottom line is it doesn't matter how good of a RB you are, if your OL sucks you aren't going to produce.
Bottom line is you can't say this stable of RBs is any better than 14th in the league right now.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Bottom line is you can't say this stable of RBs is any better than 14th in the league right now.

Ok and just to clarify, since we were 7th in passing yards (an indictment on SEC offenses :lol: ) we have no better than the 7th ranked WR group?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I doubt we crack the top 5 in rushing offense after having the 14th ranked SEC rushing offense last season but I don't think Vandy has a better overall group of RBs than us.

I know they are ranking the units but does anyone think we will compare in passing to teams like A&M, Ole Miss and Auburn this season.

Two words: Ralph Webb

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ok and just to clarify, since we were 7th in passing yards (an indictment on SEC offenses :lol: ) we have no better than the 7th ranked WR group?
We have one single WR who has done anything in the SEC. Beyond that all we have is hopes and prayers, just like we did for that mega "we just fixed the passing game" WR class four years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator