2017 Unit Rankings

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Athlon full of it on our RB's! We should easily be top 3 but i would put us at #2. Chubb/Michelle(yes i spelled it like that on purpose) are the 2 most overrated turds in CFB. What have them boys done lately to be up at #2? Nothing!

Btw...i hope they're wrong on the OL 2 because if not it's going to be another long season!

Not only does Athlon not put us in the Top 2, as you suggest.....they have our RB's at #14 (out of 14)...Oooooooooof!!! I think that's a little harsh and I'll guess we finish somewhere in the middle of the pack, simply because our offense isn't going from last in the SEC to top of the SEC (top 4 or 5) in one season:

Athlon Sports low on Gators’ running back tandem

Athlon Sports on Monday ranked the SEC’s running back tandems heading into the 2017 season. Florida’s duo of Jordan Scarlett and Lamical Perine ranked 10th out of the 14 schools, as rated by writer Steven Lassan. His analysis:

“The Gators have struggled to find a consistent ground attack over the last two seasons and ranked last in the SEC by averaging just 128.2 yards per game in 2016. A couple of factors are primarily to blame for the low average, but Florida’s offensive line has been one of the main culprits. With four starters back, the play in the trenches should improve, allowing the Gators to generate more production on the ground in 2017. Scarlett — a former four-star recruit — appears to be scratching the surface of his potential after leading the team with 889 yards and 6 rushing scores last fall. Perine recorded 421 yards and 1 touchdown as a backup in 2016 and is likely to fill that role once again. Senior Mark Thompson is also expected to contribute in the backfield.”

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Our running game may be mid-pack SEC this season but I don't see it getting in the top 5. A couple of the other teams have backs that can get loose for really big gains. Scarlett is hard to take down but not real elusive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.