Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Our weekly reality check....

We’ve almost cracked the top 30! 10th in the SEC! Woohoo!

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
This is a tough spot to be in. On one hand you have recruits snubbing us and signing elsewhere, on the other hand we have sucked so bad for the past 7 years. The two 4 won seasons in 5 years doesn’t help matters. I don’t know which side to take but UT has been just as inept and seem to have things going, I disagree with comparing Mullen or Mullinz (for donkey) to Kirby. Only because the situations are much different. Richt’s problem wasn’t recruiting, it was crapping the bed during big games. Every once in a while he’d have a dud at qb like Cox or Bauta. Our issues was just the overall level of sucktitude. I’ll root like hell for Mullen, but he’s going to have to show something on the field this season so that the worm will turn. I definitely appreciate the honesty and info posted by BMF and Marianna. Just one of those “don’t shoot the messenger” deals.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Other than Pittman, we should’ve been spending no time in Cali. Florida. That’s where we should be. Constantly.
I dont get it. We have homefield advantage on enough talent to dominate the nation, and we are out sniffing for leftovers in Miss, Ga and Cali instead.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I dont get it. We have homefield advantage on enough talent to dominate the nation, and we are out sniffing for leftovers in Miss, Ga and Cali instead.

It’s completely retarded. There’s a reason why Ohio State, Bama, Georgia, and Clemson camp out in Florida.

I’m not saying to not spend time in North Carolina, Virginia, New Jersey, Louisiana, California, Texas, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, etc...

I’m saying to spend 95% of your time in Florida. Don’t waste your time scouting players In other states. You could make a team only out of Florida kids and compete for the MNC every year. If a player from another state shows interest, then do your due diligence. But it still should only take up a fraction of your time.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
I think you spend some efforts on Georgia as well. There is too much talent in that state to just let UGA get all of it. Mullen has done well in Georgia, and hopefully he keeps doing well there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think you spend some efforts on Georgia as well. There is too much talent in that state to just let UGA get all of it.
They arent getting all of it, they are taking the best from Fla and leaving us the scraps in Ga that Barn and Bammer dont want.

There are some parts of Ga that make sense. In the end, being close enough for mama to come to the games is usually a huge factor.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
This is a tough spot to be in. On one hand you have recruits snubbing us and signing elsewhere, on the other hand we have sucked so bad for the past 7 years. The two 4 won seasons in 5 years doesn’t help matters. I don’t know which side to take but UT has been just as inept and seem to have things going, I disagree with comparing Mullen or Mullinz (for donkey) to Kirby. Only because the situations are much different. Richt’s problem wasn’t recruiting, it was crapping the bed during big games. Every once in a while he’d have a dud at qb like Cox or Bauta. Our issues was just the overall level of sucktitude. I’ll root like hell for Mullen, but he’s going to have to show something on the field this season so that the worm will turn. I definitely appreciate the honesty and info posted by BMF and Marianna. Just one of those “don’t shoot the messenger” deals.
From 2013-17 Texas:
8-5
6-7
5-7
5-7
7-6
32-32

Hermans classes 17-19 Natl/B12
#25 #2 .87
#3 #1 .92 2 5*s
#10 #2 .91 1 5*

There's no excuse

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
They arent getting all of it, they are taking the best from Fla and leaving us the scraps in Ga that Barn and Bammer dont want.

There are some parts of Ga that make sense. In the end, being close enough for mama to come to the games is usually a huge factor.

Trey Dean, Emory Jones, Dameon Pierce, Tyron Hopper, Riley Simonds, and Jaelin Humphries aren’t scraps. They are very good players.

Now we definitely are losing in state players, but we’ve gotten some ballers from the state of Georgia.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I never said games don’t affect the atmosphere around the program. Don’t twist what I said. There are like what, 5 message boards out there that focus on Gator sports. Those 5 message boards have an effect on the narrative surrounding the program. Winning and on-field performance can change the narrative and the perception of the program. I hope Mullen proves the GCMB narrative wrong by putting a product on the field no one expects next year. Piling on and bashing Mullen when Urban Meyer and Kirby Smart had similar looking classes in year 2 at UF and UGA at this juncture in time probably doesn’t help.

Mullen had an awesome transition class. When 3 out of the 5 boards are going all fainting goat when it is only July it probably creates some perception issues for the staff on the recruiting trail. It is nothing that can’t be overcome by a good product on the field in the fall or good salesmanship by a good recruiter, but if I were recruiting for UGA or FSU I would just show the recruits some Gatorchatter or 247 threads just to sow seeds of doubt.

giphy.gif

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
18 teams above us in the rankings have double digit 3⭐️ recruits. Y’all would still be complaining about UF being 3⭐️ U if we swapped classes right now with any of those teams.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
18 teams above us in the rankings have double digit 3⭐️ recruits. Y’all would still be complaining about UF being 3⭐️ U if we swapped classes right now with any of those teams.
So we still have mostly 3 star recruits but that's a GOOD thing because we don't have as many as the other guys who are ranked ahead of us? Yikes.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Just wait!

Seriously, how many of these teaser twits do we have to see to realize that they never really pan out to anything big? I mean I've been seeing them for years only later to reveal that we were getting a visit by some 5 star or maybe a middle of the road 3 star CB commit.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
So we still have mostly 3 star recruits but that's a GOOD thing because we don't have as many as the other guys who are ranked ahead of us? Yikes.

I said that because looking at team recruiting rankings to gauge how we are recruiting is bunk (at least right now). A lot of the teams on that list are ahead of us because they’ve accepted more 3⭐️ recruits than we have.

The idea that there are 30 teams recruiting better than us is crap.

Based on that list Bama, UGA, OSU, and OU have classes that are head and shoulders above everyone else. I wouldn’t trade recruiting classes with a majority of the programs ahead of us in the recruiting rankings right now.

Last edited:

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I said that because looking at team recruiting rankings to gauge how we are recruiting is bunk (at least right now). A lot of the teams on that list are ahead of us because they’ve accepted more 3⭐️ recruits than we have.

The idea that there are 30 teams recruiting better than us is crap.
So if we end up with as many 3 stars as they do does that make us better????

Seems to me that 3 stars seem to be the majority of what we are getting so far while I continue to watch other programs add 4 stars pretty regularly. And I think the most telling stat regarding our recruiting is how we have done in Florida. So far we've gotten 6 of the top 150. FSU has 9 and UM has 16. And of our 6 only 1 is ranked a 4 star and is the 43rd ranked kid in FLA and the rest are 3 stars. UM has 6 4 stars with the highest kid being raked 7th in FLA and FSU has 1 5 star at 4th and 7 other 4 stars.

There is no way to spin this other than so far we have had our asses handed to us in the state of Florida recruiting (where it counts most).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.