Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don’t watch much video of recruits... Considering we’re deep at RB, does Wright have the moves for PR/KR? That alone might be worth the scholarship(?).

The thing w/ Wright is he's a "smaller" back, at 5'9 185-190. But, he's not a "Rainey" type of back. He can run between the tackles and likely plays at or above 200 (keep in mind that Malik is under 200). So, I like him in this system. I'd rather have a WR play that shifty "Percy" role or whatever they want to call it - I want a RB to be able to drop a shoulder and run someone over. The talk about taking Wright over Sanders is non-sense. Sanders would be the best RB we've signed since Emmitt.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Probably true but Pierce may be that person as well. Cant wait to see him next year. Heck, I want to see him this year.

I was referring to his rating. He could be a bust for all we know. There are posts suggesting some prefer Wright over Sanders and that's just non-sense. Wright is a solid pick up for us, but Sanders was our Plan A from the get-go. Wright had been projected to Miami the entire recruiting cycle until a few months ago when we put the full court press on him. It's a classic "we didn't want him anyway" comment (those saying Wright over Sanders).

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I was referring to his rating. He could be a bust for all we know. There are posts suggesting some prefer Wright over Sanders and that's just non-sense. Wright is a solid pick up for us, but Sanders was our Plan A from the get-go. Wright had been projected to Miami the entire recruiting cycle until a few months ago when we put the full court press on him. It's a classic "we didn't want him anyway" comment (those saying Wright over Sanders).

I agree. Im hoping for the best. Just really excited about our RB depth right now and hope it continues to grow. Now, we need a bad ass oline.

leogator

May 5, 2018
The thing w/ Wright is he's a "smaller" back, at 5'9 185-190. But, he's not a "Rainey" type of back. He can run between the tackles and likely plays at or above 200 (keep in mind that Malik is under 200). So, I like him in this system. I'd rather have a WR play that shifty "Percy" role or whatever they want to call it - I want a RB to be able to drop a shoulder and run someone over. The talk about taking Wright over Sanders is non-sense. Sanders would be the best RB we've signed since Emmitt.
We need both kind of backs. We have not backed away from either. I also like Noah Cain who has the classic 5'11", 215lbs sturdy RB frame. Sanders is taller and can also line up as a receiver. He runs a 4.52/40, where as Cain has a 4.65/40. Wright also sports a 4.62/40.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We have an incredible backfield right now. Honestly if the guy's not a once-a-decade player, I'm not sure why we signed him.

I'm comfortable with any of our backs being on the field, or even being the primary back for the whole game due to injuries or whatever.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Agreed. Pierce is going to be a good one here. We’ve got a lot of crazy depth

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
So apparently UT insiders think they are the pick while UF Insiders think it’s florida. Someone is being lied to but Stampenis got late night word he still thinks it’s florida. Rumor it might get pushed back and if it does that does not bode well for florida.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
So apparently UT insiders think they are the pick while UF Insiders think it’s florida. Someone is being lied to but Stampenis got late night word he still thinks it’s florida. Rumor it might get pushed back and if it does that does not bode well for florida.

He was supposed to announce at 9am EST. Sounds like it got pushed back.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

Either way you'd have to assume this one is a long way from over no matter which school the kid names.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Either way you'd have to assume this one is a long way from over no matter which school the kid names.
True, but getting a kid committed and the mindset of going to UF would be huge. Not to mention that this class of recruits is building some big time chemistry. Whoever gets picked will have a huge edge.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

Well I’ll speak for myself as one who said Wright over Sanders. I would NOT say we didn’t want Sanders anyway. My fear is we hold off on Wright (if in fact we could get him) and play around with Sanders and get left at the alter. I haven’t seen much of Sanders. I’ll have to look at more film. But I still say if we can get Wright lock him down.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
9 am was never the time. The 247 countdown clock was just for a reference that it was today

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator