Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I noticed that UF is up to 60% in 247 CBs for Jaydon Hill.

BTW, do we need to be thinking about who might be a couple of more LB in this class. We sort of thought that UF might be full at LB, but now one might begin his career at S and another might be a DE and in his highlights does play with his hand on the ground at the snap about half the time.

Whittemore will eventually be a LB (or TE).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I saw you say this before. What exactly makes you want this particular guy?
I like his film, and the other big programs do too.

I will be happy with most of the names being mentioned.

However, I dont understand all this obsession with Sanders. If I would only choose one, it would be Bell every time.

And if I could only choose one for the next two picks it would be another pair of TJ Slatons and Eli Conliffes.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I like his film, and the other big programs do too.

However, I dont understand all this obsession with Sanders. If I would only choose one, it would be Bell every time.

Sanders, who? The RB? Bell is an OL. They don't compete for the same position and we have plenty of scholies. Do you mean Deyavie Hammond? They both have great offer lists. Hammond was actually committed to Alabama at some point. Do you mean Nyquan Wright the RB? I prefer him to Sanders also but will take Sanders as a +1.

Last edited:

leogator

May 5, 2018
I am thinking that we will take 5 OL, so one more. People on 247 are suggesting that Stewart Reese from MSU will be graduating and could be a graduate transfer for us. That's in addition to the other 5 OL. He's from Ft. Pierce, wants to be a Dr. and is really good student. He has started at RT for Miss State since he got there in 2016. I have no idea why we did not recruit him.

Last edited:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What does the crystal ball say for recruits we are targeting?

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
What does the crystal ball say for recruits we are targeting?

just popped to 60% for DB Hill. yes.

big CB leads for UF with Elam, Zip, Summerall, and Wright

running even with the competition for OL Bell, WR Higgins, and OL Brown

the class could actually grow to around 23 guys.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sanders, who? The RB? Bell is an OL. They don't compete for the same position and we have plenty of scholies. Do you mean Deyavie Hammond? They both have great offer lists. Hammond was actually committed to Alabama at some point. Do you mean Nyquan Wright the RB? I prefer him to Sanders also but will take Sanders as a +1.

I think he means that getting top OL targets are far more important than Sanders because we have a lot of talent at RB.

leogator

May 5, 2018
OK, we're up to 14 commits now. Assuming we take 23 commits this cycle who are your next nine?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am thinking that we will take 5 OL, so one more. People on 247 are suggesting that Stewart Reese from MSU will be graduating and could be a graduate transfer for us.

That would be great. We lose 3 or 4 off this line next year.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

(1) I’ve seen Wright play and he is dynamic. I also would take Sanders in addition to but not instead of Wright as someone else said.

(2) I’m locked into the Spurrier mentality of wanting kids who really want to be Gators. I think Wright really wants to be here.

(3) I’m not sure we could land both so I wouldn’t play around with Sanders too long and end up losing Wright. Then Sanders goes Bama and we get neither. I’d lockdown Wright ASAP and see what happens with Sanders.

(4) We are loaded in the backfield next year again. I think Wright handles that better than Sanders who is going to want immediate playing time and could get very frustrated. I’m not sure everyone realizes how good Pierce is going to be. I mean...top shelf...potential Emmitt/Fred impact. May limit carries for a true frosh.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
(1) I’ve seen Wright play and he is dynamic. I also would take Sanders in addition to but not instead of Wright as someone else said.

(2) I’m locked into the Spurrier mentality of wanting kids who really want to be Gators. I think Wright really wants to be here.

(3) I’m not sure we could land both so I wouldn’t play around with Sanders too long and end up losing Wright. Then Sanders goes Bama and we get neither. I’d lockdown Wright ASAP and see what happens with Sanders.

(4) We are loaded in the backfield next year again. I think Wright handles that better than Sanders who is going to want immediate playing time and could get very frustrated. I’m not sure everyone realizes how good Pierce is going to be. I mean...top shelf...potential Emmitt/Fred impact. May limit carries for a true frosh.

1. There is always the I saw so and so play bias, because we rarely have seen every potential recruit at a position play.

2. I share this bias a bit. I don't know if Wright wants to be a Gator or not? I also do not know if Sanders wants to come play where his brother plays and is playing up the UAL interest to keep his name hyped up in the recruiting rankings.

3. I share this view too. Still if there is a position this year that UF can hold out for the top top guy it is RB where UF has plenty of quality depth.

4. I too share this worry.

So while I try to avoid the I saw this guy play bias, I share your other concerns. I have not yet gotten to the point yet where I would say take Wright and forget Sanders. I suspect that UF might be willing to take Wright now. They did bring him in for an official visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator