Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I will let you guys bellyache about recruiting or the lack of it but do we want any of the Miami disgruntled players or any of their recruits? Asking for a friend :D:p
The schitt is getting serious over there when the trustees are getting involved in play calling.
Prominent UM trustee speaks out against Richt’s approach

I'd accept high school graduates of high stars & decent character & academics background.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I am not so sure that we want Payton. His 40 is a slow 4.74. Unless he's really quick and gets open all the time.
Bogle could be influenced to look elsewhere by the chaos at UM and so would Mark Anthony Richards. Jeff Thomas is a really good receiver and since he was dismissed he can play without sitting out a year. Mark Pope might be looking around also but unless he gets dismissed he will have to sit out a year. He can redshirt this year.
Which reminds me. One of the Gator receivers, I am guessing Green, just put his name on the transfer portal. Maybe Wells should follow?

Last edited:

leogator

May 5, 2018
Actually the complaint is that Richt brought his power running pro system from Georgia without getting the OL and RBs to run it. They should be running some kind of pass based spread. They have the receivers for it. Their OL is not very good at pass protection and they should be employing a short passing game and letting their receivers run after the catch.

leogator

May 5, 2018
They have had the same system for 3 years now. They have gotten the terminology down, the playbook down so I expect them to be better as a team. We also have not been blessed with an accurate QB.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does it really matter if Florida has more bluechippers in state? How does it matter if we can't land any of them?

Last edited:

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017

You did not. I misremembered the exact numbers, but there is more talent in MS this year than when Mullen was there, and Ole Miss is on probation and no longer has Hugh Freeze, an elite recruiter, competing for recruits in state. Those factors considered it is fallacious to make a direct comparison between the Mullen at MSU and Moorehead at MSU while ignoring the big time changes happening at Ole Miss and the historic high levels of talent in MS this year.

FWIW, I still think it is OK to criticize Mullen’s recruiting for other reasons, but a lot of factors are working in Moorehead’s favor that were working against Mullen the past couple of years.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Nah, we’re cool dude. Probably reading too much into it. Seems like you personally dislike the dude sometimes but probably not true. He needs to hire some elite recruiters but I doubt he’s does more than one. Just need to beat FSU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator