Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

leogator

May 5, 2018
How have the other teams being doing it?
I don't know and I don't care. I do know that Nyquan Wright wanted to go public with his commitment since the summer. There are a few of those. Also we are going to have to wait for our juniors to declare for the last few spots as well as our transfers out. Then there are the people that commit at the all star games. So it will be a few weeks of exciting and nerve racking time.

SECund2nun

Oct 13, 2018
What's the deal with Trent Whittemore? He is a 3 star recruit, bad offers, a white safety (rarely works out), and was a commit from the last staff. Is he going to be pushed out of the class? This is not a UF caliber recruit and he has a near 0 percent chance of panning out. It is a total waste of a scholly.
Ja'markis Weston is also a 3 star recruit with a poor offer list and a commit from the last staff. He at least has size and a better offer list than Trent's at least.
The rest of the 3 stars are credible , have decent/good offer lists, and were takes by this staff, not shark humpers staff..

Does this staff push out recruits?

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
What's the deal with Trent Whittemore? He is a 3 star recruit, bad offers, a white safety (rarely works out), and was a commit from the last staff. Is he going to be pushed out of the class? This is not a UF caliber recruit and he has a near 0 percent chance of panning out. It is a total waste of a scholly.
Ja'markis Weston is also a 3 star recruit with a poor offer list and a commit from the last staff. He at least has size and a better offer list than Trent's at least.
The rest of the 3 stars are credible , have decent/good offer lists, and were takes by this staff, not shark humpers staff..

Does this staff push out recruits?

gotta get someone to commit at safety before that happens. we'll see.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I think they, the coaches, devoted most of their efforts during the season to coach and less so to recruiting. If a recruit wanted to spend time with the coaches during the season they might a few snippets of their time on Sunday. Yeah they got plenty of the game day atmosphere but not a lot of 1-to-1 with their position coaches or the head coach.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Or he could become one of those possession receivers ala Doering that always seemed to be open. Let's get him in and see what he can do.

leogator

May 5, 2018
The question for me is what system are we going to run next year on defense. A 3-4? Or a hybrid 4-2-5 like this year?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know and I don't care. I do know that Nyquan Wright wanted to go public with his commitment since the summer. There are a few of those. Also we are going to have to wait for our juniors to declare for the last few spots as well as our transfers out. Then there are the people that commit at the all star games. So it will be a few weeks of exciting and nerve racking time.
Is it your position that the coaches don’t know who they are pushing out? If they don’t have a good idea who’s getting pushed out, we’re in deep s h I t

leogator

May 5, 2018
Is it your position that the coaches don’t know who they are pushing out? If they don’t have a good idea who’s getting pushed out, we’re in deep s h I t
Oh they know they're pushing certain people but there are alway surprises. I think we sign upwards of 25 this year. It's just a matter of how many more than 25 and which position the attrition is coming from.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Here's my educated guess on who the next 9 commits will be, assuming that we only sign 25 and there is no attrition among the committed: Chris Steele, Keon Zipperer, Quashon Fuller, Derrick Hunter, Lloyd Summerall, Deyavie Hammond, Michael Tarquin, one of Brandon Dorius or Datona Jackson, Kaiir Elam. Mullen really likes Dorius.

+1s: Trey Sanders, Elijah Higgins, Nathan Pickering, Mark Richards, Bogle.

Recruiting is a very dynamic, chaotic game, not for the faint of heart. A lot of things can change based on juniors leaving for the NFL and transfers out, particularly for the +1s.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
Looks like we are getting involved with Marcus Banks. In home visit this week, and then he is officially visiting on December 7th. Crystal balls point to A&M or Bama at this time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oh they know they're pushing certain people but there are alway surprises. I think we sign upwards of 25 this year. It's just a matter of how many more than 25 and which position the attrition is coming from.
With the tiny class from last year, many of whom were early enrollees who counted back, we can take a HUGE class assuming we land a bunch of jucos or EEs who can start in Jan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.