Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Listened to Andrew Spivey this morning. He grates on my nerves, but it is recruiting season and that is supposed to be his thing. This is what he said:

1. It was looking like Trey Sanders was all bama until momma got back into the picture. Now, UF is back in it as she wants both her kids at one school. Obviously makes travel easier.

2. Deyavie Hammond is fsu or UF. Should be the good guys as Hammond has never taken an official to the girl's college.

3. Keon Zipperer and Lloyd Summerall looks like a split. LS likes the good guys. Zipperer seems to be leaning Miami. While it is thought they are a package deal, rarely does it work out that way. I've heard 3 recruiting people echo Spivey's comments.

4. Siaki Ika is a mature, well-mannered guy. This is a serious look at UF. He doesn't take party trips. As one poster said, he's bringing like 10-11 family members.

5. Kayvon Thibodeaux was just party trip. Take him off the board.

Good stuff maheo.

If we miss on Zipperer we'll be fine, we have depth at TE. Obviously we'll need one or two next year though. Whittemore is starting out on offense. He's probably already over 200lbs (he's been listed at 190 for at least a year and a half) and could very well grow into a TE in a year or two. I'd rather he end up at TE than WR or Safety. Missing on Zipperer opens another spot also - for a S, DL, or OL.

I think Ika ends up at LSU, but glad he's visiting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand team rankings either. fswho is ranked ahead of us yet their class is a complete disaster. They have a desperate need for LBs and o-linemen yet only have one of each.
The problem is the classes are just ranked objectively based on player ratings. They don't take points off if you need linebackers, for instance, and sign 7 defensive backs instead.

The fall back for the Taggelwain or Mushchumps of the world is to sign all the leftover DB athletes to make the class look better.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I think Ika ends up at LSU, but glad he's visiting.

Why do you say that? He visited LSU in early Nov and we are getting him last before he signs. I am not sure if we reached out to him or he reached out to us, but he seems very serious about his visit this weekend.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Why do you say that? He visited LSU in early Nov and we are getting him last before he signs. I am not sure if we reached out to him or he reached out to us, but he seems very serious about his visit this weekend.

He's got a bunch of CB's to LSU and the LSU board is pretty confident. Sure, I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to get a 350lb NT in here....but I'm also a realist. I hope the visit goes well and things start leaning our way after the visit.

Cozumel Gator

Living in paradise, streaming all games
Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2016
Listened to Andrew Spivey this morning. He grates on my nerves, but it is recruiting season and that is supposed to be his thing. This is what he said:

1. It was looking like Trey Sanders was all bama until momma got back into the picture. Now, UF is back in it as she wants both her kids at one school. Obviously makes travel easier.

2. Deyavie Hammond is fsu or UF. Should be the good guys as Hammond has never taken an official to the girl's college.

3. Keon Zipperer and Lloyd Summerall looks like a split. LS likes the good guys. Zipperer seems to be leaning Miami. While it is thought they are a package deal, rarely does it work out that way. I've heard 3 recruiting people echo Spivey's comments.

4. Siaki Ika is a mature, well-mannered guy. This is a serious look at UF. He doesn't take party trips. As one poster said, he's bringing like 10-11 family members.

5. Kayvon Thibodeaux was just party trip. Take him off the board.
Thank you maheo. I do not receive much news living in Mexico. I get my gator news from great posters on this site.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Thank you maheo. I do not receive much news living in Mexico. I get my gator news from great posters on this site.
i spent 2 weeks in 08 on cozumel. stayed at one of those tourist resorts - el cozumeleno. was a blast, beautiful island. where abouts are you at?

Cozumel Gator

Living in paradise, streaming all games
Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2016
i spent 2 weeks in 08 on cozumel. stayed at one of those tourist resorts - el cozumeleno. was a blast, beautiful island. where abouts are you at?
We are in town and have a vacation rental with two units called Los Alcatraces Cozumel. We are building a larger one with 4 units that will be called Stingray Villa. The new one will be up and running next year.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We are in town and have a vacation rental with two units called Los Alcatraces Cozumel. We are building a larger one with 4 units that will be called Stingray Villa. The new one will be up and running next year.
hmm.. i shall keep that in mind. been thinking of doing another vaca down there. I may hit you up sometime next year bro.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Team rankings are based on total points awarded. A team with 25 recruits will rank higher than a team with 15 recruits, 10 of whom may be 5 star quality.

position of need is disregarded and OL talent is seldom ranked 5 star. Average star ranking and filling positions of need are more important in determining class rank. But recruit rankings are not necessarily a good predictor of future success. Clemson had some 12-15 ranked classes before they hit the bit time in 2014.

I have never figured out why people use terminology like "leads for this recruit" or we rank "X" in recruiting now. Not a single team has signed anyone yet. You can't pick the winner of a marathon after the first mile.

Rivals, the only ranking that matters, only looks at your top 20 recruits so over signing doesn't boost your number.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Rivals, the only ranking that matters, only looks at your top 20 recruits so over signing doesn't boost your number.
Not to mention his comparison is insane. No class of 25 3 and 4s is going to outweigh a class of 15 when 10, i repeat 10, are 5 stars. Shoot, the class may still be number one if it was ten 5*s and nothing else. Some epic and ridiculous pumping, no doubt.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
It would be a great publicity day if we grabbed 5 of the 7 players announcing on ESPN Wednesday (Sanders, Neal, Hammond, zip, and Summerall):

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
He's got a bunch of CB's to LSU and the LSU board is pretty confident. Sure, I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to get a 350lb NT in here....but I'm also a realist. I hope the visit goes well and things start leaning our way after the visit.

I understand that, well sorta ... not sure about a bunch but he has a couple that I think are based off stale information. He visited LSU in early Nov but just publicly backed off Bama? This is an odd ball situation. He brought everyone this weekend. I think we are getting a real shot with him and seems we offer more than LSU with what it is he really seems to want. Play football. But ... thats me spitballing and I don't know anything about nothing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not really. You don't understand Donkeese. I'll translate. He is saying this recruiting cycle could not be set up any better for Mullen, yet we are still ranked 20th. Mullen better get a top 5 finish or Donks will fire him after ESD.
Tell me anyone who thinks we are finishing top 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator