Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
We are more than 98% of the way through the recruiting process from the last early signing day until this one. Using your analogy, can you begin to predict the marathon winners with less than 1/2 mile to go?

Sure, some runners might trip and a few may close strong, but you know a great deal by that point and acting like we simply don't know where we stand in recruiting isn't accurate either.

No. Because there are literally 10-15 schools within sprinting distance of the finish line. There are about 18 high ranking kids that are showing serious interest in UF right now and we have maybe 9-10 spots left. We have no idea who is going to sign.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
No. Because there are literally 10-15 schools within sprinting distance of the finish line. There are about 18 high ranking kids that are showing serious interest in UF right now and we have maybe 9-10 spots left. We have no idea who is going to sign.
This is silly and wrong that 10-15 schools are within sprinting distance of 1st, but I'll continue along since you probably aren't actually meaning 1st place.

Yes, we might sprint to be at or near the top ten finishers, but we also know, right now, that we are too far off the lead to even reach the top 5-7 spots because of poor pacing during the race. We also know that we now have to sprint by 10 subpar runners that never should have been given a chance to be ahead of us (or in the case of FSU and UM, runners who are literally bleeding all over the course but either recently were or are still ahead of us).

So, when that runner finishes in 10-12th place (hopefully), due to sprinting strong at the last half mile, and that is consistent with some of that runner's worst performances historically, should we only focus on the closing sprint?

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
It’s all based on individual player rankings. Then they just add them all up. No subjectivity at all.

So, really heavy classes tend to rank high. HOWEVER, that’s offset by the time you get to the top 7. You’ll need buttloads of elite talent to be in the top 7.

I think some or all of the ranking services also weight against class size, though. They'll add up 100% of the top player ranking, 95% of the 2nd highest ranking, 90% of the 3rd highest, etc.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I think some or all of the ranking services also weight against class size, though. They'll add up 100% of the top player ranking, 95% of the 2nd highest ranking, 90% of the 3rd highest, etc.

Certainly on 247 they do NOT just add the ranks of a player. If you use their calculator you can see that if you add in a new player he reduces the values attributed to other players.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
We are more than 98% of the way through the recruiting process from the last early signing day until this one. Using your analogy, can you begin to predict the marathon winners with less than 1/2 mile to go?

Sure, some runners might trip and a few may close strong, but you know a great deal by that point and acting like we simply don't know where we stand in recruiting isn't accurate either.
But, we don’t. We are “unfortunate” in that the majority if not all of our top prospects are waiting for the 19th or taking it the distance. Today isn’t the 19th, neither was yesterday. Donkey crying on message boards isn’t going to change our targets decision dates. If we miss a ton then we can judge.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Another kid decommited

giphy.gif

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Was he committed? To any school?

No. He's the PWO candidate from a few pages back. He visited w/ all of his buddies. He'd be a good PWO at 6' 180, played QB in HS and would likely be a Safety/DB or WR. His twitter page is filled w/ UF stuff.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
But, we don’t. We are “unfortunate” in that the majority if not all of our top prospects are waiting for the 19th or taking it the distance. Today isn’t the 19th, neither was yesterday. Donkey crying on message boards isn’t going to change our targets decision dates. If we miss a ton then we can judge.

Yes, it is only Donkey and those he has brainwashed that can look at our recruiting, right now, and have legitimate concerns. Were none of the other hundreds of players committed to other teams our targets. We know these players announcing on the 19th are our remaining targets, not all of our targets. Some of the remaining targets seem very good and hopefully pick us, but even if virtually all of them do, we know this class will not be at the top of the rankings. We know that today. So do you.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Yes, it is only Donkey and those he has brainwashed that can look at our recruiting, right now, and have legitimate concerns. Were none of the other hundreds of players committed to other teams our targets. We know these players announcing on the 19th are our remaining targets, not all of our targets. Some of the remaining targets seem very good and hopefully pick us, but even if virtually all of them do, we know this class will not be at the top of the rankings. We know that today. So do you.
Uh nobody in their right mind thought we’d be having the number 1 class, and up until Meyer just retired being 4th is probably the highest anyone else is going to get with Saban and Kirby still out there. I think we still end up 9-11th area.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I have no idea but his highlights are good...slow 40 time at 4.7 for an athlete though

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I read BMFs post a few pages back about him. Had no idea he was commited to UM.. wtf? He has a profile with Gator gear on. Not exactly subtle. What is he opening his recruitment for lol?

I think he was just being cute. He doesn't even have a Rivals or 247 profile. I'd guess his 40 time is faster now, as that was from his junior season. It's always good to have former QBs on the roster at other positions - they're usually great athletes. At his size he likely gets up to 200 easily and could help out in the secondary (or at WR).

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Except for some recent posts, I see there’s quite a few people who still haven’t heard the news about a separate thread to complain/argue about our recruiting status.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Listened to Andrew Spivey this morning. He grates on my nerves, but it is recruiting season and that is supposed to be his thing. This is what he said:

1. It was looking like Trey Sanders was all bama until momma got back into the picture. Now, UF is back in it as she wants both her kids at one school. Obviously makes travel easier.

2. Deyavie Hammond is fsu or UF. Should be the good guys as Hammond has never taken an official to the girl's college.

3. Keon Zipperer and Lloyd Summerall looks like a split. LS likes the good guys. Zipperer seems to be leaning Miami. While it is thought they are a package deal, rarely does it work out that way. I've heard 3 recruiting people echo Spivey's comments.

4. Siaki Ika is a mature, well-mannered guy. This is a serious look at UF. He doesn't take party trips. As one poster said, he's bringing like 10-11 family members.

5. Kayvon Thibodeaux was just party trip. Take him off the board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator