Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jalon is the truly underrated member of this class. He is a perfect fit for Mullinz regardless and fit does matter.

71UYCgEWK9L._SY550_.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What good would it do? We have a recruiting complaint dumping ground thread and the complaints spill over into every other thread anyway.
Again, I never promised you a safe space. Im sorry if someone else did.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do grad transfers count against the 25 rule?
Yes..... sort of.

There are actual TWO 25 rules. One is a rule of 25 new signees and the other is a rule of 25 initial counters. Both rules have countback features if you didnt have 25 kids the year before and you have EEs. They are similar bit there are times when they might be different.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That would fill up the Swamp again. Well, except the student section. It was like a mortuary this year.
An actual offenasive line and two QBs who do what Mullinz wants to do will help the O.

I just dont see many good things in the future on D right now.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Battle lines are drawn

The issue is just that those acting like we accomplished much yesterday (pumpers) are likely wrong (if not fully delusional and full of BS) based on all history of recruiting metrics. Even Mullen was more in line with the “dumpers” view at his presser.

The one way that changes is if Jalon Jones is transcendent. We can all hope for that.

Otherwise, while the program may eventually improve due to Mullen, yesterday our talent level largely stayed stagnant while those we play got better. Pump that all you wish, but this is in fact a discussion about a competition. We likely fell further behind in our competitive posture.
tenor.gif

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Interesting how you and I have completely different takeaways from yesterday’s GCMB meat grinder. Such is the definition of subjectivism.

My take was we all agreed on the quality of the class. Not great, not bad. The disagreement was whether Mullen should have done better at this point in his tenure. The pumpers felt the class wasn’t bad given the situation Mullen inherited. The dumpers felt Mullen failed. Again, this is all subjective.
I agree with you on that Mullen inherited a bad deal when he took over and that should have reflected in his transition class but imo he did a great job of recovering from his disadvantage. But you can't use that as an excuse for his 1st full year. Most say it's the most important class. Well his transition class had a better player rating than his 1st full class. All pumpers said before the season show progress they will come sign, win games they will sign, beat FSU and they will sign. We did all those things and still did not have a great showing.

How is it even possible to not sign a top 100 player. SC signed 3, and we can't get one? I get it's not over and were in really good shape for Steele but come on SC signs 3 heck Purdue and Wake even had one and we throw up a goose egg. Our rivals UGA, LSU, and FSU had a combined 17 in the top 100. Anyone who dont see a problem with that is just not being realistic. I happy with a lot of the players we signed but it's got to get better and I'm sure Mullen knows that but will he address the issue?

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Battle lines are drawn

The issue is just that those acting like we accomplished much yesterday (pumpers) are likely wrong (if not fully delusional and full of BS) based on all history of recruiting metrics. Even Mullen was more in line with the “dumpers” view at his presser.

The one way that changes is if Jalon Jones is transcendent. We can all hope for that.

Otherwise, while the program may eventually improve due to Mullen, yesterday our talent level largely stayed stagnant while those we play got better. Pump that all you wish, but this is in fact a discussion about a competition. We likely fell further behind in our competitive posture.
We almost dropped a complete point from near 91 to closer to 89. Every single one of our rivals stayed the same or improved.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
We almost dropped a complete point from near 91 to closer to 89. Every single one of our rivals stayed the same or improved.

In an attempt to look on the bright side, hopefully this class doesn’t have any Adarius Lemons’ or a Justin Watkins’ kids that immediately are removed from the team. That’s an improvement right there.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
In an attempt to look on the bright side, hopefully this class doesn’t have any Adarius Lemons’ or a Justin Watkins’ kids that immediately are removed from the team. That’s an improvement right there.

Thanks, couldn't think of their names earlier. Butters specials. He grabbed those thugs in the 11th hour for a ratings boost. Nobody else wanted them. But we got them, they didn't fit.... but bumped our average up

Last edited:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks, couldn't think of their names earlier. Butters specials. He grabbed those thugs in the 11th hour for a ratings boost. Nobody else wanted them. But we got them, they didn't fit.... but bumped our average up

Lemons was a butters special but Watkins was Mullen. I don’t think Watkins had any public issues prior to his arrest after signing. I could be wrong but other than grades I don’t remember anything about major character issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.