Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gonna be a pretty quiet signing day. Take Elam if were lucky and call it day. I'm glad they already leaked out that we weren't getting the other guys. Gonna save us all some drama on nsd and the night before.

Leaked out we're not getting MAR and Moore?....linky-dinky?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We should get Elam, MAR and the Ga.Tech top 10 OL grad transfer at a minimum. Mullen didn't visit MAR in a helicopter with the school band playing for nothing.....

5 coaches didn't visit Elam's basketball game just for tricks the other night.

So much crap ass information in this thread with nothing to back it up.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

The next several days belong to the pessimists. Then there will be signing day and we shall see how it turns out, but the week before signing day is usually so quiet that it feeds the pessimists.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
We should get Elam, MAR and the Ga.Tech top 10 OL grad transfer at a minimum. Mullen didn't visit MAR in a helicopter with the school band playing for nothing.....

Agree completely, but would change the word "information" to "disinformation."

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I consider all DB recruits DBs. If you can cover you might be a CB. If you are really fast, ie sideline to sideline ala Reggie Nelson you may be a FS. If you bulk up naturally and are not quite so fast, you may be a SS.
Reggie was exactly who I was thinking of. Cant really remember if we had him slated as a safety eventually or not but we had him.work at CB then moved him when the staff figurd out Jackson still couldnt play safety. Jackson must of looked great in practice bc he won the job twice then immediately lost it on the field.

However there are some like Wright or Matt Elam that you know right away will be safeties. Im dont see Cross or Gant in that mold though. Those guys just arent the big head hunter and runstoppers like Wright or Elam.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Reggie was exactly who I was thinking of. Cant really remember if we had him slated as a safety eventually or not but we had him.work at CB then moved him when the staff figurd out Jackson still couldnt play safety. Jackson must of looked great in practice bc he won the job twice then immediately lost it on the field.
Was Jackson gone by then? I always thought it was to cover for Joiner?

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

Agree completely, but would change the word "information" to "disinformation."
The next several days belong to the pessimists. Then there will be signing day and we shall see how it turns out, but the week before signing day is usually so quiet that it feeds the pessimists.

They make themselves miserable and seem to want to take everyone else along for the ride. And if we do add to the class and have a solid finish, they'll dismiss their handwringing and chicken kittle act by saying how glad they are to be wrong. And if we don't? Like donkey said, the assistant who dropped the ball is gone and we will move on with a good solid class anyway.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Was Jackson gone by then? I always thought it was to cover for Joiner?
No, he replaced Jackson at FS.

Then Jackson was given the job again after RFN left early and Major Wright took the job as a true freshman.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh now. He replaced Jackson at FS.

Then Jackson was given the job again after RFN left early and Major Wright took the job as a true freshman.
I guess I just pushed the sorry ass out of the Meyer era in my mind

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Trying to think of a swing this big before in the guesses where our targets are going a few days out from signing day.

Moore is pretty much gone apparently and now Auburn is even more convinced they are getting Richards and don't seem to be worried about us at all. Just a little about Miami and Georgia.

Georgia now actually thinks they are the slight favorites over us to get Elam reading some of their stuff. Unless its bagmen related I think they are off the mark with that myself.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I see your point but it isn't a good sign when the other teams that are the main competitors for a recruit don't see you hardly as a threat anymore and that is what has happened with Moore and now with Richards apparently. Unless there is some serious trolling going on we won't be getting Moore and if Richards doesn't go to Auburn it will be either Miami or Georgia. Heck I would love this stuff to be wrong also but I wouldn't bet on it.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

However there are some like Wright or Matt Elam that you know right away will be safeties. Im dont see Cross or Gant in that mold though. Those guys just arent the big head hunter and runstoppers like Wright or Elam.

Nelson was only recruited at safety. If I remember properly. Crazy thing about Elam was that he was one of the best running backs in the state in HS.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I see your point but it isn't a good sign when the other teams that are the main competitors for a recruit don't see you hardly as a threat anymore and that is what has happened with Moore and now with Richards apparently. Unless there is some serious trolling going on we won't be getting Moore and if Richards doesn't go to Auburn it will be either Miami or Georgia. Heck I would love this stuff to be wrong also but I wouldn't bet on it.

Just curious, when you say the "main competitors" are you talking about actual insiders or coaches, or just a bunch of dickwads like us on a message board?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

The problem with your analysis is we don't know what other teams think. We know what fans including fans who work for school specific websites think.

I have never seen any thought that Richards would pick UF other than UF sites and he took an official visit to UF.. The as someone said above Mullen made a big splash. So I see no reason to be either extremely pessimistic or optimistic.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just curious, when you say the "main competitors" are you talking about actual insiders or coaches, or just a bunch of dickwads like us on a message board?

Twitter and message board guys mostly but they have been looking at the pay site writeups and of course a few always claim they hear things from people that should know which may be total BS. It does seem Moore is probably gone and that talk started before a few crystal ball people started saying Auburn yesterday. One part of that was his dad apparently getting a job that pointed to him going to Auburn. Probably bagmen BS.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Anything in recruiting can change (daily, hourly). We will go hard for MAR til the end and same with Bogle and Elam. Nothing is set in stone til that fax comes in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator