Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Well, also Black and Henderson. So we should/could sign at least 4 tomorrow. That would put us between 10-12, depending on who Auburn and Penn State gets (they're ahead of us and trending for a few). IF we get MAR, then that could project us inside the top 10. If we miss on MAR there's really no way we can crack the top 10. I'm guessing we finish 11th.
Why do you guys keep doing this? Black and Henderson are in the class and already factored into a finish.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
We need MAR for not only his skill set but perception...are there any surprises like Henderson we could get or do you think CDM is pretty satisfied overall with this class?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It won’t. Weirdly enouh landing both Elam and bogle puts us at 12th if the teams around us get who they expect as well. Adding MAR would put us 7th. So MAR, a player we truly don’t need, moves us up 5 spots. If we can land both Bogle and Elam it’s a hell of a class. And possibly adding Braun who is already being projected as a top round talent

A guy on 247 did a pretty detailed breakdown of all teams and their targets.

I see it getting us to 8th at least probably. I guess someone like Penn State could surprise and stay in front of us but I doubt even Auburn catches us from behind in that scenario though they may be really close. We would definitely pass Michigan and Clemson I think with those 2. Rivals rankings I am using.

Maybe I am missing some potential recruits for some teams however.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I see it getting us to 8th at least probably. I guess someone like Penn State could surprise and stay in front of us but I doubt even Auburn catches us from behind in that scenario though they may be really close. We would definitely pass Michigan and Clemson I think with those 2. Rivals rankings I am using.

Maybe I am missing some potential recruits for some teams however.

I'll be happy w/ anything 12th or better the way this class sat in early December. The funny thing is, we don't need Bogle or MAR. We need Moore (or another heavy DL). But, that ship seems to have sailed. I regret letting Dorlus go to Oregon now (he seemed to be ours if we wanted him).

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So the way things are shaping up, we will likely be outside the top 10 and a distant 5th, possibly 6th in the SEC.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Well, they haven't signed. Right?
When posters are referring to who we can get, why do you bring up who we already have? They aren’t additions. It’s confusing. Black has already publicly said he was green lit to sign. Henderson is signing early. There’s zero word out there they won’t.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
When posters are referring to who we can get, why do you bring up who we already have? They aren’t additions. It’s confusing. Black has already publicly said he was green lit to sign. Henderson is signing early. There’s zero word out there they won’t.

Ok. I'll just quit posting.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So the way things are shaping up, we will likely be outside the top 10 and a distant 5th, possibly 6th in the SEC.

Just looking at Rivals and I may be missing some teams targets I see us being around # 8 if we land both Elam and Bogle and about # 11 if we just land Elam. As far as the SEC that would be 5th I think in the better scenario and 6th in the just Elam scenario. Auburn will pass us most likely if we just get Elam.

Tenn has an outside shot to pass us but it looks like they will miss on a lot of their targets.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Ok. I'll just quit posting.
200.gif

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Just looking at Rivals and I may be missing some teams targets I see us being around # 8 if we land both Elam and Bogle and about # 11 if we just land Elam. As far as the SEC that would be 5th I think in the better scenario and 6th in the just Elam scenario. Auburn will pass us most likely if we just get Elam.
Think MSU is a big possibility to get Moore back too

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
You know I love you @BMF right? You’re my favorite poster

Slevin, I know I'm your fav!! This is a message board...we should be busting each others nuts! (speaking of, I go under the knife tomorrow morning - hoping I get some good news when I can finally log on).

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Slevin, I know I'm your fav!! This is a message board...we should be busting each others nuts! (speaking of, I go under the knife tomorrow morning - hoping I get some good news when I can finally log on).
Stay away from my nuts man

Good luck tomorrow!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It won’t unfortunately . Weirdly enouh landing both Elam and bogle puts us at 12th if the teams around us get who they expect as well. Adding MAR would put us 7th. So MAR, a player we truly don’t need, moves us up 5 spots. If we can land both Bogle and Elam it’s a hell of a class. And possibly adding Braun who is already being projected as a top round talent

We don’t really need MAR - Although I think we get him. The only reason I’m not thrilled about the MAR pickup is it’s impact on next year’s class. I’d rather we get Lee, Bowman, and Smith next year.

But none of those three are a certainty until next NSD, so if MAR wants to commit, you take him.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
It won’t unfortunately . Weirdly enouh landing both Elam and bogle puts us at 12th if the teams around us get who they expect as well. Adding MAR would put us 7th. So MAR, a player we truly don’t need, moves us up 5 spots. If we can land both Bogle and Elam it’s a hell of a class. And possibly adding Braun who is already being projected as a top round talent

So, if I read you right, you are not that hung up on Recruit Ranaking as much as need and team impact...REFRESHING

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think as far as perception it matters whether we get a top 10 class or not and are in the top 5 in the SEC rankings.

A # 11 class that is 6th in the SEC wont get nearly the good media press a top 10 class that is top 5 in the SEC gets. A lot of these kids seem to be influenced by that stuff a little bit.

I hope we get either MAR or Bogle just for the class ranking even if they never do much here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.