Warning: Political Takes 2020 College Football: the “season” has officially started

Should Sec go after other conferences teams that are disgusted?

• Yes

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Maybe if it's Ohio St, Michigan or Usc

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So pretty much any returning seniors next year won’t count against 85 scholarship limit
that's not what it says.

it says any year athlete can participate and it won't count.

so freshmen will still be freshmen that next year etc. We will have 85 ish plus 25 minus only people that don't choose to take the Wu Han waiver. So let's pretend it's 10 that leave, and we have 100. So we get a waiver for the 85 cap in 2021.** And we will have 50 freshmen!

Then maybe 25 ish seniors leave, leaving us w 75 for 2022. Now what?

Is the 2021 recruiting going to be a normal class? 25? Or just 10?

they're also a waiver cap for 2022? what about 2023?

At some point, a whole class of kids get screwed, regardless.

**another question. Will we even take the waiver? are we going to pay for 25 extra scholarships 25 extra rooms 25 extra of our pitiful stipends?

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
The first college football game is scheduled for two weeks from yesterday on Thursday, Sept. 3 when South Alabama takes on Southern Miss.

The Sept. 5 slate:

Arkansas State at Memphis

Eastern Kentucky at Marshall

Houston Baptist at North Texas

Louisiana-Monroe at Troy

Middle Tennessee at Army

SMU at Texas State

Monday, Sept. 7:

BYU at Navy

Thursday, Sept. 10:

UAB at Miami
This will tell me how desperate I am for college sports. In a normal year, I’m not sure I’d watch any of those games other than (maybe) BYU vs. Navy.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Good job by the AD. Fans have to follow the rules. If they don’t like the rules they can leave. Much more effective to announce this during than after the game.

Yeah, the rules. I wish everyone in the stands would have left. If masks are so damned effective then why did they release thousands of prisoners from jails for fear of catching something? Just give them masks and enforce the "rules. Nonsense.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Yeah, the rules. I wish everyone in the stands would have left. If masks are so damned effective then why did they release thousands of prisoners from jails for fear of catching something? Just give them masks and enforce the "rules. Nonsense.

Sorry Chief, but you are WRONG!. There is a reason that doctors for many years have worn masks in surgery. It's to reduce the probability that they will transmit germs to the patient. Wearing a mask in public serves a similar function by reducing the probability that the wearer may spread the disease to others. And to demonstrate the effectiveness, look at the states of Alabama and Georgia. Before the mas law went into effect in Alabama, Alabama had one of the worst infection rates in the country, an Rt = 1.10. Now our R0 = 0.79. Contrast that to Georgia where the governor is suing cities who are passing mask ordinances. The Georgia Rt is over 1.

Why they released prisoners, I don't know, but masks work.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Sorry Chief, but you are WRONG!. There is a reason that doctors for many years have worn masks in surgery. It's to reduce the probability that they will transmit germs to the patient. Wearing a mask in public serves a similar function by reducing the probability that the wearer may spread the disease to others. And to demonstrate the effectiveness, look at the states of Alabama and Georgia. Before the mas law went into effect in Alabama, Alabama had one of the worst infection rates in the country, an Rt = 1.10. Now our R0 = 0.79. Contrast that to Georgia where the governor is suing cities who are passing mask ordinances. The Georgia Rt is over 1.

Why they released prisoners, I don't know, but masks work.

I have listened to a dozen different views on the subject and many share my view. I wouldnt go anywhere that required me to wear one so it doesnt really affect me anyhow. I have never worn a mask other than painting a car or mowing real dusty conditions. Just like everything else there is over reaction that causes fear and panic and forcing people to do or wear something is a control tactic. I certainly wont listen to anything Fauchi and crew are saying. Nobody is gonna make me wear one.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
I have listened to a dozen different views on the subject and many share my view. I wouldnt go anywhere that required me to wear one so it doesnt really affect me anyhow. I have never worn a mask other than painting a car or mowing real dusty conditions. Just like everything else there is over reaction that causes fear and panic and forcing people to do or wear something is a control tactic. I certainly wont listen to anything Fauchi and crew are saying. Nobody is gonna make me wear one.

Guess we shouldn't wear seatbelts then. After all, the government is "forcing us to."

Sigh...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
"The American people should not be worried or frightened by this. It's a very, very low risk to the United States," Dr. Fauci said on The CATS Roundtable. "It isn't something that the American public needs to worry about or be frightened about." - January 2020

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
"Masks do not work for the general public and preventing them from getting coronavirus." - Surgeon General Jerome Adams, March 2020

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Guess we shouldn't wear seatbelts then. After all, the government is "forcing us to."

Sigh...

Sigh all you want. Liberals scream from the rooftops "my body my choice" as they MURDER children but seatbelts are mandatory because they save lives? What about "my body my choice?" By the way we lived many many years without government oversight on seatbelts. None of their business if I dont want to strap in.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
th
"sigh"

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I have listened to a dozen different views on the subject and many share my view. I wouldnt go anywhere that required me to wear one so it doesn't really affect me anyhow. I have never worn a mask other than painting a car or mowing real dusty conditions. Just like everything else there is over reaction that causes fear and panic and forcing people to do or wear something is a control tactic. I certainly wont listen to anything Fauchi and crew are saying. Nobody is gonna make me wear one.

See you didn't address anything that I said, no opposing data or anecdotes.

Wearing masks should be a public health issue, not a political issue. Yet I can see in this post and others that follow, that for you it is political.

All I can say at this point is that I and others like me need to step up our game. We got to get humanity living off this rock. Otherwise, we are toast as s species.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
"The American people should not be worried or frightened by this. It's a very, very low risk to the United States," Dr. Fauci said on The CATS Roundtable. "It isn't something that the American public needs to worry about or be frightened about." - January 2020

That's in January when they knew very little about it and when they thought that stopping travel to China was all they had to do.

Great job cherry picking one except to make a false point. How about you share the other 1000 times since then that he said it was dangerous?

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Sigh all you want. Liberals scream from the rooftops "my body my choice" as they MURDER children but seatbelts are mandatory because they save lives? What about "my body my choice?" By the way we lived many many years without government oversight on seatbelts. None of their business if I dont want to strap in.

"Liberals", help us Baby Jesus, politics instead of public health!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator