Warning: Political Takes 2020 College Football: the “season” has officially started

Should Sec go after other conferences teams that are disgusted?

• Yes

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Maybe if it's Ohio St, Michigan or Usc

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
You think we are even a slight speedbump? :lmao2:

We will just be praying it isnt a blow out and hoping to spin it into a moral victory again.
All we would be is a speedbump but we damn well better be there. Make them prepare for a rival, maybe a few injuries.
It would be just the type of scenario those a$ $ holes would exploit. Win 6 games then play for it all.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
All we would be is a speedbump but we damn well better be there. Make them prepare for a rival, maybe a few injuries.
It would be just the type of scenario those a$ $ holes would exploit. Win 6 games then play for it all.
Well it would be just like their WWII title.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
He’s looking more athletic since his injury

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Greg Sankey (SEC commissioner) said basically the same thing yesterday.

He said that we don’t need a consensus to play this fall which I viewed as great news

Let’s be honest and agree that some governors have no intention of reopening until they are forced to and they would love nothing better than to hold college football fans hostage.

I am gaining confidence that the season will start on time and I could not care less if the Big Ten participates

As we move back towards normal in the south without ramifications the pressure will mount on Michigan and others to get on board

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I just dont see how the season is not going to be impacted. I agree and hope that there is a season. Just looking at UF, the earliest that the team can start practicing is the end of August. That would give essentially a week of practice before the first game Sept 5th. There will definitely be schedule changes.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I just dont see how the season is not going to be impacted. I agree and hope that there is a season. Just looking at UF, the earliest that the team can start practicing is the end of August. That would give essentially a week of practice before the first game Sept 5th. There will definitely be schedule changes.
Yes, we’re all aware that you don’t want to go back to work.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Did I miss an announcement to this effect?

UF Campus is closed through the summer semester. They have already asked and received approval from the board of trustees to push back the start of the fall semester to August 31st. The latest info that came out today does look like they hope to open campus in a gradual manner starting on that date with rapid testing and aggressive contact tracing so get ready to give up your civil liberties.

From the release:

"The Board of Trustees has approved moving the first day of instruction for the fall semester from August 24 to August 31 to provide more time for the campus to prepare for the return of students. This will not affect faculty appointments.

We expect to announce plans for the fall semester by mid-July. "

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
UF Campus is closed through the summer semester. They have already asked and received approval from the board of trustees to push back the start of the fall semester to August 31st. The latest info that came out today does look like they hope to open campus in a gradual manner starting on that date with rapid testing and aggressive contact tracing so get ready to give up your civil liberties.

From the release:

"The Board of Trustees has approved moving the first day of instruction for the fall semester from August 24 to August 31 to provide more time for the campus to prepare for the return of students. This will not affect faculty appointments.

We expect to announce plans for the fall semester by mid-July. "
Here is a novel thought.....how about all these dickheads stop getting paid. All the admin, governors, senators, everyone and see how long this lockdown lasts. If you start hitting these *******s in the pocket, you bet your sweet ass they will re-open tomorrow.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Here is a novel thought.....how about all these dickheads stop getting paid. All the admin, governors, senators, everyone and see how long this lockdown lasts. If you start hitting these *******s in the pocket, you bet your sweet ass they will re-open tomorrow.
Hell yeah.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

Completely down with that. All fat and bloated. So disconnected with reality.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mutha****in right

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Completely down with that. All fat and bloated. So disconnected with reality.
Especially teachers and professors. They should not be receiving one thin dime - not even a stimulus payment.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Nearly all schools are going to start practicing in summer, but all it takes is one positive test of a player or coach for the sh*t to hit the fan.

Where did you hear that? Practice is not starting until schools open. The NCAA just released their Resocialization of College Sports Guidelines

"Collegiate sports differ from professional sports because all collegiate athletes are first and foremost students. Thus, resocialization of collegiate sport must be grounded in resocialization of college campuses. As with society at large, such resocialization must be measured, nimble and based on sound science. In all instances, college athletics must operate with approval of school leadership, and the school must be operating in accordance with local and state public officials regarding a return to campus, return to practice and return to competition. In the end, school and governmental leadership determine who can participate in, assist with, and watch student-athlete practices and competition."

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
I received mini-package ticket offers this weekend from the Ticket Office. Anybody know if this means Football is more likely a GO. Or are they trying to get a short term 0% interest loan. Or are they trying to get my money out of my pocket now in case they go bankrupt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator