2020 NFL Draft Thread

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
At least there's something sports-related to talk about for the next week. Should be interesting how this is broadcast. I'll watch the first few picks just to see how it's covered.

Name and town if you wish to opine.

MJMGator, I'll also need your SSN, bloodtype, and bank account number.

QueenCityGator

Aug 12, 2014
Here's the list of Gators in the draft:

Van Jefferson
Cleveland
Swain
Hammond
Reece
Perine
Shuler
Henderson
Greenard
Zuniga
Townsend
Buchanan
Ancrum
Taylor

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m a draft junkie and with all the crap going on right now it’s the most exciting thing to look forward to in sports

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I look forward to my jags jagging up the draft yet again. It is tradition come draft time.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
The draft is great, the wife and I always order pizza and make brackets.

the wife is a big Broncos fan and I’m a Steelers fan, so we usually crank up the TV and some party food and rag on each other’s draft picks.

One thing I’ll miss this year are the draft fashion choices. Some of those dudes wear some entertaining stuff. Almost as entertaining as watching a WNBA player who just got drafted try to walk in high heels for the first time ever.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
You think the Jags surprise and go QB? Or are you sold on Minshew?

I'm not solid on EpicTache at all. I think he is a spot starter or elite backup. But, after a very good rookie year, he has earned a shot to be the guy. From all of the reporting, the front office is sold on him for the time being. We will know more next year.

As for the 9th pick, they could go anywhere from OT to CB to DT or even WR. So, who knows.

OT - I like Thomas or Wills. A fat no for Becton and especially Wirfs. Knowing the jags history at drafting OTs, they will take Wirfs to be tackle. He will suck and end up playing guard like Joeckel and soon to be guard, Cam Robinson.

WR - Any of the tops ones will do. The more weapons the better.

DT - After Brown, there are no DTs to take at 9. I think Brown will be gone by then. But, Kinlaw has been mentioned this high.

CB - Okudah and CJ have both been mentioned at 9. If Okudah falls, he'll be the pick. Scouts have Okudah and Cj about the same. I completely disagree, but we will see.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Interesting rumor this week. Some are ranking CJ above Okudah with Okudah falling to the jags. I’d love it. Personally, I think this is bs. But, CJ’s physical ability is very alluring.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Here's the list of Gators in the draft:

Van Jefferson
Cleveland
Swain
Hammond
Reece
Perine
Shuler
Henderson
Greenard
Zuniga
Townsend
Buchanan
Ancrum
Taylor
To say "in the draft" is very generous. Perhaps "draft eligible" would be a better choice of words. Looking at that list, I'd say the over/under on Gators actually being drafted is 6.5. And I'd bet the under.....

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
To say "in the draft" is very generous. Perhaps "draft eligible" would be a better choice of words. Looking at that list, I'd say the over/under on Gators actually being drafted is 6.5. And I'd bet the under.....

5 for sure. There are others who, if drafted, would be 6th or 7th round selections.

QueenCityGator

Aug 12, 2014
Perine is gonna be the next Gillislee. 4 ypc basically guaranteed - he's had a solid career.

theoriginalmadgator

Aug 16, 2019

Guys who will get drafted
Henderson
Jefferson
Greenard
Zuniga

Those are really the only definites
I do think that Cleveland will not only get drafted but will have a nice career
Perine is an interesting 5th-7th round possibility but he may go undrafted
Same with Swain
Townsend is another guy that COULD get picked

But yes, I believe that the under is the safer play

Users who are viewing this thread