Status
Not open for further replies.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't seen anyone throw in the towel on Mullen. I know I sure haven't. But what we see going on in the recruiting trail is alarming as hell. Mr Lizard is obviously Dan Mullens kinfolk.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I like pumping sunshine, but I can't be a pumper because when I read these dumps, I get worried, depressed.
Has any college hired an "in-tact factory" of top recruiters, all at once? There can be a serendipitous confluence of various "forces" (special players, special unforseen interdigitations of complimentary skills, an inspirational coach, escaping injuries, the sum being greater than its parts, etc.).

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, we are at least getting a glance by some top kids. We didnt under Butters.

If only we could start landing elite kids again.
I've given up on 5*s, I just get giddy if we get a 6.0

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
MacInsane couldn't let go of coaches who couldn't coach.

Seems Mullen can't let go of guys who can't recruit.

How are we running behind Clemson for Timothy Smith, DT out of Sebastian, FL? Facilities? Bagmen?

Positional recruiting of DTs has been crap right from the start with Dan's staff and something has got to give.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Two things:
1) Can we please get Seider back?
2) Why is Ron English still on staff?

I can’t imagine Mullen will keep the same staff if we don’t pick it up on the trail this year. That and I think we all know this is Grantham’s last year. Hopefully we can hire a DC who is a stud recruiter (Strong once he is let go at USF maybe?)

leogator

May 5, 2018
So we lose couple of RBs to Alabama and Clemson and you guys want to blame our coaches. We have been in the dumps for 10 years and they are the #1 and #2 football teams in the land. They have top facilities and we have nothing. They have big bags and we have none or very small ones. Why are you guys surprised? Not to mention that in this case, Bowman was a fan of Clemson, his mother did not like his Lakeland classmates, JJ got into trouble, Callaway got in trouble and we had 9 people in trouble couple of years ago. Dabo is a religious man and for some parents that says a lot. Let's face it, we are not an attractive destination.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fvkk that. We damn well SHOULD be recruiting at an elite level. We damn well should have the top recruits in this state knocking down the door. We are always going to lose a few but we should get mostly the pick of the litter especially with clowntown and scum hiring trash coaches.

Just being Cowbell East ISNT the Flirida standard and wont ever lead to championships.

Is it better now than Butters' collection of low 3 stars? Of course. However, no, Im not impressed by landing a bunch of low 4 stars who were plan C oroD players/greyshirt offers for the elite schools.

I know he is swimming upstream with our ghetto facilities but hiring mediocre staff is on him.

Last edited:

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
So we lose couple of RBs to Alabama and Clemson and you guys want to blame our coaches. We have been in the dumps for 10 years and they are the #1 and #2 football teams in the land. They have top facilities and we have nothing. They have big bags and we have none or very small ones. Why are you guys surprised? Not to mention that in this case, Bowman was a fan of Clemson, his mother did not like his Lakeland classmates, JJ got into trouble, Callaway got in trouble and we had 9 people in trouble couple of years ago. Dabo is a religious man and for some parents that says a lot. Let's face it, we are not an attractive destination.

This is the painful reality that the "now or never crowd" refuses to acknowledge. Do I like being in this situation? Hell no. But do I want to run off the first real HC we've had in a decade because the ills you described so well can't be remedied overnight? A bigger hell no. If DM doesn't get it done in a reasonable period of time then he will be gone, as some on this board are straight up predicting. But at worst, his successor will not inherit the kind of mess that DM did, and his presence will have served a useful purpose after all.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We got us an HC & crew that did not come from a hot-bed of recruiting. It's valid critique to gripe that DM did not make 1 or 2 incremental boosts in hired recruiters. Now the pressure goes more to DM "outcoaching" his foes and to the Grantham D outguessing his foes. Then there is the HC's spirit-contagion = can our Gators play with more verve than opponents? Will player development overachieve? S & C ? Still, better recruits at needed positions had better come to fruition ASAP.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Fvkk that. We damn well SHOULD be recruiting at an elite level. We damn well should have the top recruits in this state knocking down the door. We are always going to lose a few but we should get mostly the pick of the litter especially with clowntown and scum hiring trash coaches.

Just being Cowbell East ISNT the Flirida standard and wont ever lead to championships.

Is it better now than Butters' collection of low 3 stars? Of course. However, no, Im not impressed by landing a bunch of low 4 stars who were plan C oroD players/greyshirt offers for the elite schools.

I know he is swimming upstream with our ghetto facilities but hiring mediocre staff is on him.

To be fair, IMO, not all the 4* recruits DM has brought in are as poorly regarded as you seem to think. BUT the absence of any 5*s, coupled with the continued presence of dead wood like English, is a legitimate concern to be sure. To his credit, DM made a couple of good hires recently and needs a couple more - sooner rather than later. English and TG both concern me for different reasons and I will be glad when both are gone. My dream hires would be Marquand Manuel at DC and bringing back Seider wherever he wants to be. It almost certainly won't happen, but I did call it a dream scenario.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
How are we running behind Clemson for Timothy Smith, DT out of Sebastian, FL? Facilities? Bagmen?

Positional recruiting of DTs has been crap right from the start with Dan's staff and something has got to give.

It appears Smith won't be in Clemson's class - they already have the top 6 of 7 DT/SDE prospects in the class committed or CB'd to them (Gervon Dexter is now ranked the #3 DT). Carter is the #5 ranked DT and the CB's for Clemson have been removed. Smith is ranked the #20 and he still has CB's for Clemson & Alabama (but it looks like he may be a UF/UGA battle). I doubt Clemson takes all 6 of the prospects, so that leaves another 1 or 2 for other schools (but they have 3 of the top 4 DT's already....and if they added Carter how sick would that be? And Smith would still be a great addition to any class). UF has #3 and #13 committed. If we can get Carter at #5 that would be a pretty sick DT class as well....and adding Smith at #20 would be a great DT haul (4 of the to 20).

I think Dexter and Brown could be more SDE's, but still gives us some heavy DL's that we desperately need. I'd like to get Bingley-Jones back in the class, but not looking like it. We could use 5 heavy's in this class.

Looking through these lists, LSU & Alabama seem to have more commits and/or CB's than they'll be able to take (along w/ Clemson) so those kids will be going somewhere else.

2020 Top Defensive Tackle Recruits

2020 Top Strong-Side Defensive End Recruits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.