Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
To be fair, IMO, not all the 4* recruits DM has brought in are as poorly regarded as you seem to think. BUT the absence of any 5*s, coupled with the continued presence of dead wood like English, is a legitimate concern to be sure. To his credit, DM made a couple of good hires recently and needs a couple more - sooner rather than later. English and TG both concern me for different reasons and I will be glad when both are gone. My dream hires would be Marquand Manuel at DC and bringing back Seider wherever he wants to be. It almost certainly won't happen, but I did call it a dream scenario.

I think Manuel is a possibility at DC, but Seider likely stays at PSU until he gets an OC offer somewhere. He'll be a head coach someday soon (USF would be a good spot for him if Strong got canned - but I'm curious to see what Bell does w/ that offense before suggesting Strong would be fired). Manuel may be "an NFL guy" though, does he have any college experience?

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Not to sound all sappy but do y’all know what happened to Clemson based on yearly production by Dabo? Ppl wanted him fired and before people get all up in arms about “it’s not the same” put Swinney in the SEC west and see what you get...Mullen deserves the chance he had to create a culture and a program that works

Easy there dude, reminding people of Dabo's record could get you stoned.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
75cc3a43d20dbd.gif

Dabo!

2 star Duke QB!

Butterteeth!

3 Star Whisperers!

We dont need no Bluechippers!

75cc3a43d20dbd.gif

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The fact is that we aren't recruiting well enough. So what if you do five spots better than what Butter did. You need to recruit a hell of a lot better if you plan on improving beyond 10 wins. That starts today, i you want results two years from now.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
The fact is that we aren't recruiting well enough. So what if you do five spots better than what Butter did. You need to recruit a hell of a lot better if you plan on improving beyond 10 wins. That starts today, i you want results two years from now.
we probably arent recruiting well enough, I agree. But I'm not so sure of the 10win mark. Wouldn't you say we've recruited well enough to have beaten UK and Mizzou this past season? I do agree with your premise...until Mullen continues to outcoach his recruiting classes and we get to call him an outlier.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Clemson just landed the top QB in the class, DJ Uiagalelei from California. Unbelievable.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
IMG_3552.JPG

Apparently Gervon Dexter said there’s some big news coming...anyone seen anything about this? Maybe a new commit or he’s bailing too idk

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Apparently Gervon Dexter said there’s some big news coming...anyone seen anything about this? Maybe a new commit or he’s bailing too idk

We lose him, might as well can Turner now. Lol jk. Kinda.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

The biggest thing a new coach would inherit is a team that wasn't soft and accepted being losers. Mullen has increased the BC percentage considerably, but many of those 4-stars are borderline 3-stars (as far rankings, such as a 300+ ranking, just barely inside the 4-star level).....but many of his 3-stars are "high" 3-stars. He's definitely improved the roster. But he'd be turning over a team that wants to win vs. the loser mentality that Chump and Butters left behind.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Dexter has been recruiting dudes to the Gators, so would be surprised if he took the bait and went somewhere else, but this is the silly season of recruiting, so I guess anything is possible.

I have said Dexter is the anchor recruit in this class due to the position he plays and his desire to be the face of this Gator class. If that has changed, Mullen is getting a serious 5-alarm wake up call on recruiting. FSU and Miami are almost completely off the grid and yet we are still unable to clean up the state. That is completely unacceptable given the momentum here. Get some closers in here and get serious about being Florida again and not settle for being plucky Stanford.

No comment.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
GD and AR are the two must haves in this class so far.

If we lose either, this class is in a tailspin.

Hope the news from Dexter is good. We’ve been cold on the trail as of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator