Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
A new DT has emerged. Manny Rogers. He's listed as an OT on rivals and a DT on 247, but he was recently visited by the staff. Stampini (247) says he's one of the most underrated kids in the state (he's currently ranked around 130 overall in the state by 247). The kid said UF, FSU, Auburn, and Tennessee are all after him. This is the Plan B I'd like to see....and I'm glad to see some Plan B's after the last two year debacles (if we get Carter and/or Tim Smith we're in great shape at DT/SDE, so adding a Plan B or two is a good thing for depth) :

Manny Rogers, 6'5 300lbs, 3-star from Jensen Beach, FL:

Manny Rogers, 2020 Offensive tackle - Rivals.com

Emanuel Rogers, Jensen Beach, Defensive Tackle

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was just mocking Slevin with the "Quality Leftovers" are about to spill to us bc Clemson and Bammer are full comment he made.........

But Ill be damned if we havent become Leftover U.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I was just mocking Slevin with the "Quality Leftovers" are about to spill to us bc Clemson and Bammer are full comment he made.........

But Ill be damned if we havent become Leftover U.

Well, taking Clemson's DL leftovers isn't a bad thing....considering they have 3 of the top 4 DT's committed!

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I like pumping sunshine, but I can't be a pumper because when I read these dumps, I get worried, depressed.
Has any college hired an "in-tact factory" of top recruiters, all at once? There can be a serendipitous confluence of various "forces" (special players, special unforseen interdigitations of complimentary skills, an inspirational coach, escaping injuries, the sum being greater than its parts, etc.).

You are correct again O wise one. Serendipity shrinks in the face of enervating dread and chronic trepidation is a dagger in the heart of glorious victory.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
The new football facility can’t get here fast enough! And probably a re-do of the athletic dorms to donkey’s standards, too. Then, we’ll find out how good/bad our coaches can recruit.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I really dont care about not getting Bowman. We didn't lose him. You have to have something before you can lose it and I dont think we ever had Bowman.

We have AR ... we lost him ... but we got him back. We can't lose him unless we replace him with something better. I dont fall in the 2 QB camp either ... that seems to me like a fantasy. 1 qualty QB a season and if you have to take a chance on someone then you take 2.

To me ... the most important thing CDM should do is build a strong LOS. He did a decent job so far with the OL but he is nowhere near where he needs to be. He is failing miserably on DL side and I think the ILB is a big part of the LOS too ... which we are also failing. If CDM can get this corrected then I think everything else falls into place.

With the state of the program CDM took over, he has done a great job in areas turning things around. But if he doesn't get the LOS upgraded it will take him much longer to get things going. I am not doom and glooming it yet since he has only been here for one season, but it is easy to see and impossible to really argue against the areas he isn't turning things around ... and maybe turning things around isn't the right word since the DL really wasn't an issue at UF when he stepped on campus.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I think Manuel is a possibility at DC, but Seider likely stays at PSU until he gets an OC offer somewhere. He'll be a head coach someday soon (USF would be a good spot for him if Strong got canned - but I'm curious to see what Bell does w/ that offense before suggesting Strong would be fired). Manuel may be "an NFL guy" though, does he have any college experience?

Thanks for the info. I didn't find any college coaching experience in his wiki post, but I suppose he may have something that slipped under the radar. Also, I was pleasantly surprised see how strong his academic credentials were. The guy really has a head on his shoulders, I think the Falcons were more than a little hasty in dumping him so quickly. Perhaps their loss will someday become out gain. Am I correct in the assumption that DM acts as his own OC? If so, that may well eliminate Seider, as well as any other aspiring OC that may be out there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't believe Seider is an aspiring OC but I'm sure he isn't coming back to work for Mullinz.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for the info. I didn't find any college coaching experience in his wiki post, but I suppose he may have something that slipped under the radar. Also, I was pleasantly surprised see how strong his academic credentials were. The guy really has a head on his shoulders, I think the Falcons were more than a little hasty in dumping him so quickly. Perhaps their loss will someday become out gain. Am I correct in the assumption that DM acts as his own OC? If so, that may well eliminate Seider, as well as any other aspiring OC that may be out there.

I just wish Marquand had made the pick against the rooster!

Yes, Mullen is his own OC - but I think Gonzalez and Hevesy have some sort of co-OC title.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not getting into a pissing contest about it. I'd have to agree that Mullen will leave this program in SIGNIFICANTLY better shape than he got it no matter when he leaves. He actually cares and gives a sh*t, no matter how mediocre his recruiting is.
Having no DLine is next to leaving no OLine. Also, significantly better than Butters is like saying your wife is significantly hotter than Sissy Spacek. It don’t mean much.

I do think Mullen cares, but he seems to care about his friends more than the program.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Having no DLine is next to leaving no OLine. Also, significantly better than Butters is like saying your wife is significantly hotter than Sissy Spacek. It don’t mean much.

I do think Mullen cares, but he seems to care about his friends more than the program.

Dude ... are you just talking about old Sissy Spacek?

pHSOt8p.jpg

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
The new football facility can’t get here fast enough! And probably a re-do of the athletic dorms to donkey’s standards, too. Then, we’ll find out how good/bad our coaches can recruit.
I posted in the old facilities thread last summer that a site had been selected for our version of luxury dorms, for football. Please don't ask for a link,(there isn't one) but they will sit on the site of the old tennis courts next to flavett field.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I posted in the old facilities thread last summer that a site had been selected for our version of luxury dorms, for football. Please don't ask for a link,(there isn't one) but they will sit on the site of the old tennis courts next to flavett field.
We will see. I struggle to imagine it.

Why wouldnt they announce it? They announced the football all in one in 2015.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
It's the handful of malcontents I was referring too. They are admittedly a small segment, but they speak with a very loud voice.

I’m just catching up on three days missed of this thread and this post stands out as the most ironic. Those other “loud voices” posted 1-2 times while you posted about 50, with most posts whining about these all-negative dumper ghosts. At best, you’re referring to Kev, who posted once. Maybe Alky, with a couple that are consistent with his pre-hiring view of DM=MR, which has not been proven or disproven yet.

Still, you’ve been the incessant voice. I can’t tell if I should read your posts loudly though.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
We will see. I struggle to imagine it.

Why wouldnt they announce it? They announced the football all in one in 2015.
The large student lot on Gale Lemerand is 2/3 closed to build a parking garage in its place. To make up parking spaces the tennis courts were turned into a temporary parking lot as well as 3 other temp. lots.
Why it hasn't been announced I can only guess they've planned another fund raiser for that project after the all in one is completed.
The dorms will be a joint project with Housing. It's just unfortunate that Mullen will probably be gone and the next coach on the hotseat before we really get on a level playing field with the top programs.
They finally have a good plan it's just ten years to late, allowing the dwags to pull far ahead. SMDH

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I’m just catching up on three days missed of this thread and this post stands out as the most ironic. Those other “loud voices” posted 1-2 times while you posted about 50, with most posts whining about these all-negative dumper ghosts. At best, you’re referring to Kev, who posted once. Maybe Alky, with a couple that are consistent with his pre-hiring view of DM=MR, which has not been proven or disproven yet.

Still, you’ve been the incessant voice. I can’t tell if I should read your posts loudly though.

Perhaps I can address the persistent whining problem by ignoring your ignorant ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator